Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's a stupid premise, the power to kill anyone you want but at the cost of damning yourself, who ever thinks this is a good idea to use, is a short sighted fool.
    No you don't damn you if you bank on not going to heaven you can escape hell by using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    No you don't damn you if you bank on not going to heaven you can escape hell by using it.
    I guess it makes sense that the people who think its ok for them to have the power to kill anyone they want would be the type of person who is on their way to hell anyway.

Side Thought...
    Am I correct to assume everyone who would use the death note is not against capital punishment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's a death note exactly
    It's a notebook from an anime, where when you write an individuals name in it they die. Here is a much better description.

Oh and I don't think I need one if I have 100 Billion I'm fairly sure I can afford to have anyone I need killed without it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a stupid premise, the power to kill anyone you want but at the cost of damning yourself, who ever thinks this is a good idea to use, is a short sighted fool.
    You aren't damned you can neither go to heaven nor hell.

Deleted
    Side Thought...
    Am I correct to assume everyone who would use the death note is not against capital punishment?
    Not really as some people would use it very limited to kill people who are currently a threat to others or themself unlike your prisoners.

You can make the self defense imediate threat argument to differentiate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, because someone would know I have it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone buys it, can I borrow it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    dam the fact that the death note kills people its really dark but the fantasy its the power you have not in the killing
    I disagree with you I think it's about both.

It was pointed out in the last thread that the whole "doomed to neither heaven nor hell" was a lie that was made up by Ryuk, and either way there was neither, even for those who didn't use the Death note.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maximum bid, a few convenient deaths can change the world, why pass up that opportunity?

Who would be stupid enough to bid in this auction if it was public?
    It loses all the value when the government can just seize it from you or people can blackmail you to their benefits.
    But can't you just quickly write down the name of every government agent coming to get it?

OT: I'd probably spend those 100 billion on something else. Like a big fucking castle and a 100 super cars.

I can think of way better things to do with $100 billion, like the future generations of my family would be set for life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    But can't you just quickly write down the name of every government agent coming to get it?

OT: I'd probably spend those 100 billion on something else. Like a big fucking castle and a 100 super cars.
    Sniper bullet to the head or rocket strike....

Everything.

/30charthingmajingy

The concept of Death Note seemed silly, and the actual series was short, but I found it to be one of the best animes of all time. Just two geniuses brain battling it out with overly complicated plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    $0

I'm not inclined to give up my afterlife to become a serial killer.
    There is no afterlife in the Death Note universe.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no cost to using the Death Note. You are not damned. There is no Heaven or Hell in the Death Note universe.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no Hell in the Death Note universe.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    There is no afterlife in the Death Note universe.
    My understanding is that it is a little controversial, especially in the anime vs the manga.

99 billion. 1 billion is more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    My understanding is that it is a little controversial, especially in the anime vs the manga.
    The anime, as far as I recall, it not specific on what happens. The reason people question it is because of the DVD-only first-half catch-up episode that has a new Shinigami that has certain elements that are reminiscent of Light. The manga, however, is very explicit -- all humans go to Mu (nothingness) when they die.

Both anime and manga have the "can go neither to heaven nor hell" line, but the manga has a flackback at the end where we see what happens immediately after that line, which has Ryuk confirming the destination of all human souls.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    The anime, as far as I recall, it not specific on what happens. The reason people question it is because of the first-half catch-up episode that has a new Shinigami that has certain elements that are reminiscent of Light. The manga, however, is very explicit -- all humans go to Mu (nothingness) when they die.
    Right. In that case my statement just reverts to "I'm not a mass murderer."

I certainly get the allure of that kind of "life-or-death" power, but frankly I just wouldn't be able to accept the reality of what I'm doing to people and their families.

Deleted
    The anime, as far as I recall, it not specific on what happens. The reason people question it is because of the DVD-only first-half catch-up episode that has a new Shinigami that has certain elements that are reminiscent of Light. The manga, however, is very explicit -- all humans go to Mu (nothingness) when they die.

Both anime and manga have the "can go neither to heaven nor hell" line, but the manga has a flackback at the end where we see what happens immediately after that line, which has Ryuk confirming the destination of all human souls.
    L appears in the last episode in last 20 seconds as ghost while light dies