Thread: iPad/tablet

10+ Year Old Account

iPad/tablet

What is a good iPad/tablet for watching anime on that could last at least 5 hours without running out of battery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the battery life has an average of 2 hours

I personally have an iPad (4th Generation WiFi Model) and have no trouble watching netflix on it for about 8-9 hours on a full charge. For me it seems to last a little bit longer if I use headphones instead of the built in speaker. Again that's just me and your results may differ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage128 View Post
    For me it seems to last a little bit longer if I use headphones instead of the built in speaker. Again that's just me and your results may differ.
    Probably just a case of you sitting in different places - and having a different backlight strength. Power Drain of the iPad display is substantial; exceeding that of a handful of laptop CPU models.

Backlighting level, consequently, is a major factor in how long the device lasts in reality.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2015-10-05 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    What is a good iPad/tablet for watching anime on that could last at least 5 hours without running out of battery?

I think I've watch something like 8 hours of anime on my ipad. Keep in mind I did dim the screen a bit, was in airplane mode, and the files were downloaded already.

10+ Year Old Account
    My iPad 2 is very resilient at it too, but it's a very weak device with a big battery.

I have not tried any recent android tablets (as I am not a big fan of the OS mostly) but I have an iPad and it lasts me a good week with about 1 hour usage a day (WiFi Model)

Depending on where you live a possible wait could be to see how the iPad Pro looks and performs as well and wait for them to come with the "iPad Pro Version 2" that has ironed out some of the first wave stuff maybe that is what I will be doing at least

For anime and such it depends on where you watch it \ stream it. iOS does not have flash so some sites will not stream everything the same way an android would which isn't to forget

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a high battery life, I'd recommend the Lenovo Yoga 2. It's cheap, and it's lasted over 8 hours with brightness on full, with bluetooth speakers on. The battery life is pretty insane.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...85214/review/3

I had this one earlier, but returned it as I didn't really find the design comfortable. Got a Galaxy tab Pro instead, and have nothing negative to say.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezha View Post
    I have not tried any recent android tablets (as I am not a big fan of the OS mostly) but I have an iPad and it lasts me a good week with about 1 hour usage a day (WiFi Model)

Depending on where you live a possible wait could be to see how the iPad Pro looks and performs as well and wait for them to come with the "iPad Pro Version 2" that has ironed out some of the first wave stuff maybe that is what I will be doing at least

For anime and such it depends on where you watch it \ stream it. iOS does not have flash so some sites will not stream everything the same way an android would which isn't to forget
    I think he's going to get some from torrents which isn't exactly a good idea for iOS, since you lack any file control and a file browser to get to them later.
    And I don't know if you can even torrent without jailbreak.

The iPad pro is a device that doesn't make much sense, it has the hardware to do things but iOS isn't designed to do things. It's still just an iPad, but bigger.

Google also dropped flash support at Android long ago, so it's the same for both. But yes you can use an old Jelly beam Flash with a 3rd party browser such as Firefox or Dolphin. But don't do it, HTML5 is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post

The iPad pro is a device that doesn't make much sense, it has the hardware to do things but iOS isn't designed to do things. It's still just an iPad, but bigger.
    Bigger = better viewing exp Was the logic :P

But yeah for those things like I mentioned barely, iOS is not the best for various kinds of files others than the norm, and filehandling in general compared to android