Elemental 6.2 Guide?

I would love to see a Guide to Elemental 6.2 such as

Rotation (Pretty sure it's mostly the same)
    Talents per boss (Suggestions) (HFC)
    When is it worth it to take Tier over just more stat items (Full Heroic non tier verse Normal 4 peice.)
    Would LOVE To see a BIS List such as trinket and how class trinkets stack up.

Also a side thing I have been trying to figure out best way to manager my uptimes such as Flame Shock and Searing Totem. I have always used Weakauras
    in the past and curious if you guys use something different?

Been trying to find a good UI to use still use the default over the past 10 years and would like to see a new one if you could have some suggestions that don't mess with things like special action buttons and stuff that has been my issue in the past. I would like a cleaner UI though.

Also I would like a Guide the relates to raiding more and not leveling / Casual playing. One that direct concerns raiders 700 ilvl Plus. I am switching back to my shaman after not playing him since SoO and would like a comprehensive guide on Elemental now instead of just the filler stuff like use Lightning bolt as a filler spell.

Thank you for all those that took the time to read / reply to my post

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this for ele would be nice!

Wont let me post link but if you Goggle

6.2 Hellfire Enhancement Boss tips by Wordup

Its the first choice

cant seem to post links yet, tho using google typing elemental shaman guide will give you the one from Binkenstein.
    Provides all in detail what you need to know. Also checkout tuskeh on YouTube

Can't see how you couldn't find it for yourself tho. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    cant seem to post links yet, tho using google typing elemental shaman guide will give you the one from Binkenstein.
    Provides all in detail what you need to know. Also checkout tuskeh on YouTube

Can't see how you couldn't find it for yourself tho. Good luck
    Just because guides are easy to find on Google, doesn't mean they are all correct. Noxxic is an example. Not sure if icy veins is still up to date these days though.

Deleted
    Icy veins is by and large an okay source, updated last in July which is recent enough. There was a finalboss interview with a high end Elemental shaman, and there's a few youtubers as mentioned up above.

They all pretty much say the same things, and what they say applied in game has good effect.

Just do what you would always do, cross-referrence and look for multiple people saying the same thing, then do your own experimentation on top. Pow

Yes, rotation/spell priorities are the same. The 6.0 guide is pretty good.

I can't speak to Talents per boss or BIS gear etc because I'm not hardcore enough and I don't have time to mix/max anymore.

For the UI, get Elvui, it's awesome. Here's a good write up about it on icyveins: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...uration-guide/
    Last edited by Delkotheshaman; 2015-10-06 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    Here some from Binkenstein as an update on 6.2 info and such, with a link to a US forum explaining wich talents and glyph to use each fight.

https://binkenstein.wordpress.com/20...-patch-update/

Rotation: As you said, essentially the same. Fulm at 15, you can use it at 12 in opener to fish for a haste buff.
    Tier: Use it over anything. The 4pc is extremely valuable, especially in AoE situations.
    Trinket: Gaze and Class or DSI (class wins in most cases, but DSI will help if your group is somehow lacking AoE). Prophecy's damage on patchwerk is all right, but the trinket is horrible and should be avoided. It is unreliable and can proc off of our chain lightning (which is treated as single target), causing it to potentially go on short-lived adds instead of the boss.
    Talents: With ring and trinket, EM/PE/EF on most fights. LM is usable on AoE heavy fights if you swap to DSI. Echo is usable on AoE heavy fights (xhul, hfa, iskar, socrethar) with no changes to items. There's no reason to change PE on any fight.
    UI: Most people still use WA, and you want to at least have it installed so people can share auras. Hekili and Elementarist are both popular if you want something to tell you what to do (I only use WA). For entire UI packages, elv is popular, but no one can really tell you what you'll like (I use a custom-made ui).

In terms of ele-specific raiding advice, there isn't much. We are a very low-utility spec. Use AG often during damage, it is low healing, but it will add up to 1.5 to 2 million each fight. Also, be comfortable using earthgrab or windwalk - there's a lot of fights where one will be helpful. Flame shock and shamanistic focus should be default glyphs, with chain lightning or lightning shield filling the third slot. Learn to place good earthquakes (predict tank movement), and learn how to line up fulmination with add spawns (it is basically our only decent way of target swapping). Also, be prepared to swap between lightning bolt and chain lightning as filler on most fights. Chain lightning in HFC works off of actual model sizes, making it much easier to bounce than it has been in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Flame shock and shamanistic focus should be default glyphs, with chain lightning or lightning shield filling the third slot.
    Hallo, are you sure that this is right combination? What glyph do you mean by "shamanistic focus" - Shamanistic Rage or Resolve? I mostly use Glyph of Lightning Shield and Glyph of Spiritwalker`s Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bolehlav View Post
    Hallo, are you sure that this is right combination? What glyph do you mean by "shamanistic focus" - Shamanistic Rage or Resolve? I mostly use Glyph of Lightning Shield and Glyph of Spiritwalker`s Focus.
    Sorry, I meant spiritwalkers focus by that. The lower cooldown is generally much more useful than having a 15 second duration would be. The big problem with lightning shield is that it has triggered on very few "passive" mechanics this entire expansion, leading to a much lower uptime than we saw in MoP. Flame shock gets a default slot simply because of how much healing it provides with trinket + fully buffed flame shock, but can easily be swapped out for a higher utility glyph if needed on a fight.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-10-07 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Flame shock gets a default slot simply because of how much healing it provides with trinket + fully buffed flame shock, but can easily be swapped out for a higher utility glyph if needed on a fight.
    Thanks! I will swap it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main difference from the 6.0 guide is that Elemental Fusion becomes mandatory once you get Core of the Primal Elements. Unleash Flame and make sure you've two stacks, for a ridiculous buff to Flame Shock. It's sad that the designers have chosen to solve spec discrepancies through gear, but Elemental isn't the only spec in this boat.

As for your UI, I use TellMeWhen; I've got Flame Shock, my Fire totem, Elemental Fusion and Lightning Shield tracked around my character with trinket procs (currently Mark of Doom from the Prophecy of Fear) underneath. It's not an especially good trinket given its erratic nature - it can be your second damage source on a rare good pull, and your eighth on a typical bad one.

Sadly, it's all I've got so far and my guild doesn't seem bothered about killing Iskar.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    Provides all in detail what you need to know.
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=346/ele...emental-shaman

I believe this is what you were thinking of.

Yes thank you ^^

Rotation: As you said, essentially the same. Fulm at 15, you can use it at 12 in opener to fish for a haste buff.
    Tier: Use it over anything. The 4pc is extremely valuable, especially in AoE situations.
    Trinket: Gaze and Class or DSI (class wins in most cases, but DSI will help if your group is somehow lacking AoE). Prophecy's damage on patchwerk is all right, but the trinket is horrible and should be avoided. It is unreliable and can proc off of our chain lightning (which is treated as single target), causing it to potentially go on short-lived adds instead of the boss.
    Talents: With ring and trinket, EM/PE/EF on most fights. LM is usable on AoE heavy fights if you swap to DSI. Echo is usable on AoE heavy fights (xhul, hfa, iskar, socrethar) with no changes to items. There's no reason to change PE on any fight.
    UI: Most people still use WA, and you want to at least have it installed so people can share auras. Hekili and Elementarist are both popular if you want something to tell you what to do (I only use WA). For entire UI packages, elv is popular, but no one can really tell you what you'll like (I use a custom-made ui).

In terms of ele-specific raiding advice, there isn't much. We are a very low-utility spec. Use AG often during damage, it is low healing, but it will add up to 1.5 to 2 million each fight. Also, be comfortable using earthgrab or windwalk - there's a lot of fights where one will be helpful. Flame shock and shamanistic focus should be default glyphs, with chain lightning or lightning shield filling the third slot. Learn to place good earthquakes (predict tank movement), and learn how to line up fulmination with add spawns (it is basically our only decent way of target swapping). Also, be prepared to swap between lightning bolt and chain lightning as filler on most fights. Chain lightning in HFC works off of actual model sizes, making it much easier to bounce than it has been in the past.

Why not do fulmination at 20 stacks, I find it extremely easy to get stacks. wouldnt a refresh of a 20 stack fulminate be better than 2 15 stack fuliminate while taking into account that 20 might not refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    Why not do fulmination at 20 stacks, I find it extremely easy to get stacks. wouldnt a refresh of a 20 stack fulminate be better than 2 15 stack fuliminate while taking into account that 20 might not refresh.
    Firstly, you can completely ignore the fact that you have the 2pc. The second fulminate follows the exact same priority list that the first one does, and you do not make decisions based on whether or not it might reset (except possibly fishing for the 4pc during the opener). Also, when I say to fulminate at 15 stacks, that means that is when it will beat a lightning bolt, not a lava burst. A 20 stack fulminate is your top priority spell, and you will simply spam it until the 2pc stops proccing (remember that at 20 stacks, you cannot generate any additional shield stacks, which make up a "hidden" portion of lightning bolt and lava burst's damage).

The simple explanation is that at 15 stacks, the damage from earth shock and fulminate will beat out a lightning bolt (including potential stacks), while also minimizing the possibility of "overcapping" your lightning shield. It also makes it less likely for your fulminate to overlap with a lava burst cast in the future, potentially allowing for a few more casts throughout the fight.

Firstly, you can completely ignore the fact that you have the 2pc. The second fulminate follows the exact same priority list that the first one does, and you do not make decisions based on whether or not it might reset (except possibly fishing for the 4pc during the opener). Also, when I say to fulminate at 15 stacks, that means that is when it will beat a lightning bolt, not a lava burst. A 20 stack fulminate is your top priority spell, and you will simply spam it until the 2pc stops proccing (remember that at 20 stacks, you cannot generate any additional shield stacks, which make up a "hidden" portion of lightning bolt and lava burst's damage).

The simple explanation is that at 15 stacks, the damage from earth shock and fulminate will beat out a lightning bolt (including potential stacks), while also minimizing the possibility of "overcapping" your lightning shield. It also makes it less likely for your fulminate to overlap with a lava burst cast in the future, potentially allowing for a few more casts throughout the fight.

thanks for the detailed explanation