10+ Year Old Account

Help my dps please! (Moonkin)

Here is my Armory
    Here are a few of my logs

My dots are around 96% uptime for most fights. I've got 4 piece but not legendary ring(switched mains recently). I've managed my eclipse bar rather well, I think. Precasting SF and Wrath before it changes over and ending the cast in the proper eclipse. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.. :/. I've compared using AMR and WL and it seems that I'm failing somewhere but I'm not sure where. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Signature done by: Rivellana

Balance druid is a burst damage class with rather limited single target damage outside of cooldowns. Though you have good aoe damage for appropriate fights. Gorefirend is an oddity with some aoe, a nice burst phase but also some mechanics that can give you a lot of down time from casting spells effectively.

A quick peak at your armory shows you're using some timewalker gear. You should try and replace this with some empowered baleful gear from tanaan jungle (remember the empowerment item itself is account bound and can be brought and sent from another charactor). You should look at the weapon as a priority.

Looking at your logs that you're holding back incarnation and celestial alignment for the first feast of souls. Its a shame this happens around 2-ish minutes into the fight and that your cooldowns don't have time to fully cycle before that phase happens. One way to get around with is with the 4 set bonus from tier 17 (blackrock foundry). If you still have this set saved somewhere it might be worth at least trying it with this particular boss so you can use celestial alignment on the pull with a pre-potion, which should then be ready for the first feast of souls.

Other than that and some more context to your raid teams tactics for the fight I can't really add anything. No doubt somewhere else will be along to add a bit more soon

Firstly, both your trinkets and your weapons are going to hold you back a lot. When your main hand weapon is more than 20 ilevels behind your average ilevel you're going to be losing out on a lot of damage from the loss in spell power. You're still using the 690 ring so this may hold you back a bit compared to others who may have the 715 or 735+ versions. Just something to keep in mind when comparing to other players.

I took a look at your Kormrok kill as an example of a simpler (mostly) single target fight. I noticed a few things.

* You only cast Nature's Vigil once on pull. You should really try to use this on cooldown so that every second time it will line up with your incarnation and CA.
    * Avoid using starsurge as much as possible during solar. You want to try and get as many empowered star fires off. The only times I use Starsurge during solar is when I'm on 3 charges or occasionally when trying to make the archimonde trinket proc starfall.
    * Also on something like Kormrok where the hero being activated on a delay till a little after the pull you can still prepot, but hold your CDs the ~10 seconds till it gets popped your CDs with hero will be particularly a lot stronger since you don't have trinkets that have procs to buff you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you both very much. I'll give try to what you've suggested. I'm just beyond frustrated because I feel like I should be pulling more numbers than I do. This is the only spec I've ever had issues with and I think that adds to my frustration.

Dont use t17 on gorefiend, just hold your Inc/CA as you are. Nothing wrong with that, we are extremely strong for feast phase due to CDs lining up for every one
    Cant comment on gear for now, looks like you logged out as feral, but as already mentioned, the weapon and trinkets add up if they are behind your current gear.

If you want to fine tune your cast priorities for when to wrath/Starfire Lappes Sheet has the numbers you need https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2015-10-07 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do apologize. I was messing around with feral cause.. fire kitty! Lol. I've logged out in my correct gear. I've taken some of the information y'all have given and applied it. My DPS has increased a bit! Thanks so much again for all the help. Wing5wong, I'm not sure what I'm looking at on the spreadsheet, to be honest. It honestly confused me a little haha.. :/

Make a copy of the sheet or fill it in on that one (others may be editing at the same time though unless you copy)
    Fill in your stats in Cell B4, B6, B9, B10, B12, B14-16

Now there are 2 areas below, Your damage based on time since combat, or your damage based on exlipse position.i like to use the bottom one
    Set the lunar position (100 = peak, 0= mid, -100=Solar peak) and the direction the bar is moving.
    Then use the values in F45/G45 and F47/G47 to compare the Spellpower/second at end of cast for starfire and wrath. The higher value is what you should be casting at that point in eclipse

Hope that makes sense

Looking at your gear - OUCH! your weapon and trinkets are significantly impacting you. Did you Do BRF at all?
    first priority is upgrading those trinkets and weapons. You'l want the highest ilvl weap you can get your hands on to start, and you'l want a GSR from BRF, or Piston from iron reaver (UGoS is quite poor for us)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, no, I haven't done BRF on my druid at all. I switched mains about 2 months ago(or so). I've been rerolling on Gorefiend and Xhul'horoc(both on farm) to try and get a staff. I actually thought the UGoS was somewhat decent for us, but now that I know it isn't I'll be looking for something else.

None of the spreadsheet stuff you said makes sense to me, I'm rather new when it comes to working with and looking at things like that. Sorry if it's a hassle.

I'll be working on BRF(hopefully mythic since there seems to be a lot of groups for that in group finder nowadays) to try for a GSR while waiting for something else to drop.

Thanks again for all the help! It's greatly appreciated!!!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting an Empowered Baleful Weapon (695 Item Level) is a work around from doing Mythic BRF or praying on HFC drops. Baleful Weapons cost 10k Apexis Crystals and the Empowered Apexis Fragment (makes Baleful Gear go to 695 Item Level) costs 20k Apexis Crystals. The Apexis Crystal farming would be greatly worth it for a Weapon upgrade for sure. Just throwing that out there as another option of greatly upgrading your Weapon without RNG.

Maybe some pictures make it more obvious. ive filled this with your stats (you can update the blue areas on the spreadsheet)

with those fields filled in, down bottom are 2 sections (personally i use the 2nd).
    you can then compare the starfire/wrath rows and see which will do more at that particular point, with and without empowerments (circled red)