Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I'll get so much hate for this. I picked up CS and I love it. Being a frost mage I already do a good amount of damage. Comet has a 30 sec cooldown but the management feels better. Simulationcraft is based on 100% effective players without flaws. Can you use your skills on the millisecond it comes off cooldown without latency? Laying down PC takes time too, unless you are perfectly lining up everything and mobs don't ever move, you do have a point, it will do more damage.
    CS is also not used in the exact millisecond it comes of. If u like it more take it. No one should flame you for it. All we can say that it is not the best talent dmgwise. No more no less.

Also consider that the damage against PC counts as DPS so it's cheating anyways and that extra DPS from that is not helping your raid at all.
    This is just plain false as every dmgmeter extracts the dmg you do to the pc and dont count it. The dmg you see in logs/recount/details whatever is the raw dmg you did to the boss.

I haven't tested TV, it seems like a very viable talent since Icy Veins is such an increase in DPS. I just don't like casting icy lance without a proc or a full 5 stack.
    You dont cast IL without FoF ever. There is no special case for TV. Its just the normal: No FoF->No IL!

I'd appreciate an explanation on this. If you use frozen orb that lasts for 10 seconds, GCD is 1 second, Icy veins lasts 20 seconds... in the new ice lance rotation extending icy veins about 10 more seconds.
    What is a new IceLance-rotation? You just simple do your normal rotation. There is no special rotation for TV.
    It's a 33% increase on the time that icy veins is up but it has a 3 min cooldown. Is this a viable selection? 30 seconds of icy veins and 2 min 30 sec cooldown of not having use. I'm just curious about it, don't bash me D=.
    TV is indeed better then CS and in theory worse then PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    What is a new IceLance-rotation? You just simple do your normal rotation. There is no special rotation for TV.
    It's not a new rotation, I just figured priorities changed.2 procs of ice lance and 2 procs of frostfire you want to do every other one. Ice lance -> frostfire ->ice lance -> frostfire for more lance stacks. You wouldn't need to do this if your ice lance doesn't have 2 procs and since orb isn't up frostfire won't always give you maximum lance stacks. So really it's not a new rotation, it's just different priorities. I meant this for when blowing cooldowns, so when you have veins up, it changes a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    This is just plain false as every dmgmeter extracts the dmg you do to the pc and dont count it. The dmg you see in logs/recount/details whatever is the raw dmg you did to the boss.
    If you throw it up without adds, it's counted in recount.

Deleted
    It's not a new rotation, I just figured priorities changed.2 procs of ice lance and 2 procs of frostfire you want to do every other one. Ice lance -> frostfire ->ice lance -> frostfire for more lance stacks. You wouldn't need to do this if your ice lance doesn't have 2 procs and since orb isn't up frostfire won't always give you maximum lance stacks. So really it's not a new rotation, it's just different priorities. I meant this for when blowing cooldowns, so when you have veins up, it changes a little.
    Disclaimer: All speaking WITHOUT tome:
    If u have 2 BF + 2 FoF its also normal rotation to do IL-FFB-IL-FFB due to the fact that FFB could proc another FoF.

If you throw it up without adds, it's counted in recount.
    In this case i had to withdraw my statement and say: Details and Warcraftlog dont count it. If u still use recount its your fail :P Just get Details which has more details and is better

Thanks for the help on this. it makes sense that the site would remove it and recount would be too stupid to since it's mostly in real time.

I don't have the tome either. I've been only running normal HFC so talents haven't been a huge impact for me on progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't mind much to be honest, I never trusted SimCraft much above Patchwerk, I even take 1 extra target with a grain of salt but I guess that could be trusted.
    You have got to be fraking kidding...
    You have put out a ton of posts on this forum the last months complaining about others opinions because they don't simcraft.
    And now you say that you don't trust the sims but the patchwerk ones. Which is the most basic one and also the one furthest away from reality on most boss fights.

But to answer the original question...
    PC is a pain in the @&$# (my opinion).
    It works with arcane but not with frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    But to answer the original question...
    PC is a pain in the @&$# (my opinion).
    It works with arcane but not with frost.

Before going on personal attacks, at least have the right answer or read the rest of the thread. What you just answered does not cover half of it. Several people in the thread, myself included, concluded that PC is worse on more than 1 or 2 targets and mainly superior in Patchwerk, even if some top players choose to not take it even there due to the management it requires.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-09 at 06:10 AM.

the simc result show's the best possible outcome of a large ammount of sim's, yes crystal is better overall if you can get many FFB's on it, and you can get the same as the sim in maby 1/1000, but yes, in that case crystal is best. procs also proc on different times, and might affect the sim's.

with TV you have a buff to all spells, it's a "flat" dps increese, but with good R&G you can hold it up for long times, but it's not realy as important that you do everything correct with TV as it is with PC.

Crystal allows for higher potential dps (like doom nova for arcane) but TV allows for more stable dps, for frost the stability is worth it cuz the spec is build arround it, for arcane the burst is worth it cuz arcane is build arround burst.

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    the simc result show's the best possible outcome of a large ammount of sim's.
    No it doesn't. The standard output is an average, not a maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    yes crystal is better overall if you can get many FFB's on it
    crystal is a 10% damage increase for frostfire bolt and a 60% damage increase for icelance - you want as many frostbolt + icelance combos into the crystal as possible (4 or 5 without lust), ignoring frostfire bolt procs unless you somehow run out of icelance procs

Deleted
    at least have the right answer
    First of all, there is no right or wrong answer to an opinionated question.
    Second
    Title +
    Why are they doing it?
    It's very well a valid answer when I state that I answered the "original question" with MY opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    First of all, there is no right or wrong answer to an opinionated question
    you clearly don't know the posting history of the person you are talking to when you take the time to say that