Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I'll trust my own years of experience in organizing and managing drunk parties over whatever 'people on the internet' who don't seem to understand what de-escalation means have to say about it. Thanks.
    Right, I'll keep my years of being a bouncer at the busiest campus bar, 3 years in law enforcement on 3rd shift, my 5 years experience working security at events with 20,000+ people at them over your pissy frat party anyday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Right, I'll keep my years of being a bouncer at the busiest campus bar, 3 years in law enforcement on 3rd shift, my 5 years experience working security at events with 20,000+ people at them over your pissy frat party anyday.
    Who was more emotional of the two parties?

What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    This is disgusting on so many levels.
    How many levels, would you say exactly?

I'm sorry, I'm in sarcastic mood
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Kinda explains why you don't see de-escalation as an option then.

You don't create a stage, a platform for drama, you don't make a huge scene about it in the middle of your establishment, you don't put on a show for the crowd around you. You don't start making sarcastic comments or insulting a drunk and then stand there like an arrogant puffed up lemon doing nothing.
    Major case of short man syndrome....

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you de-escalate a belligerent drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    He did the darren wilson routine.

Escalating a situation to a point where disproportionate violence was the only recourse.
    But it's hard to tell who actually did the escalating since we don't see the beginning, we just see the two escalated parties.

Andddd it's gone. Bias arguments don't make good ones.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't create a stage, a platform for drama, you don't make a huge scene about it in the middle of your establishment, you don't put on a show for the crowd around you. You don't start making sarcastic comments or insulting a drunk and then stand there like an arrogant puffed up lemon doing nothing but argue / debate and draw even more attention.
    And even to all this, yet again, we can't tell WHO started what. This is already way into the event the recording. The manager clearly already says how he denied the guy service within the first minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But it's hard to tell who actually did the escalating since we don't see the beginning, we just see the two escalated parties.
    No it's not.

Both parties escalated while one was there as a professional manager so only one party failed.
    You don't go into who started the bitchfest your job is to break it.

Deleted
    The random asian dude was the most sensible party in the whole thing.

Seems to be a common theme on these forums, Person A causes a problem, Person B doesn't handle it like you want them too so obviously its person B's fault

No it's not.

Both parties escalated while one was there as a professional manager so only one party failed.
    You don't go into who started the bitchfest your job is to break it.
    The manager is never the one on the front line though, and I thought it would be securities job to break up fights, not the managers?

Deleted
    The manager is never the one on the front line though, and I thought it would be securities job to break up fights, not the managers?
    Then what was he doing there?
    He failed as a professional I will hold him to a standard.

We can't expect drunks and criminals to act professional but police and store managers should in their own interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter to the Anarchy crusader over there it is always the establishments fault. Furitrix's motto is take no personal responsiblity at all, always point your finger at the "establishment".

Andddd it's gone. Bias arguments don't make good ones.
    I didn't see an argument in the first place, just someone making excuses for another assholes asshole behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As a manager of a food business, you're suppose to know how to deal with these kinds of people. The manager was only escalating the situation and handled it very poorly.
    He was pretty calm through most of it, and he wasn't even raising his voice, then the kid assaults him. What should have he done differently?

Deleted
    Doesn't matter to the Anarchy crusader over there it is always the establishments fault. Furitrix's motto is take no personal responsiblity at all, always point your finger at the "establishment".

I didn't see an argument in the first place, just someone making excuses for another assholes asshole behavior.
    It's not about fault it's about constructive critique.

When I say darren wilson shouldn't pick fights outnumbered with people who are stronger then him in punching range that is a valid critique.

When I say a store manager should let the security remove people from the restaurant instead of getting in punching distance and yelling at them the same.

This is about incompetent people having too much authority and trusting their badge.

Kid is going to be a wife beater.

10+ Year Old Account

We can't expect drunks and criminals to act professional but police and store managers should in their own interest.
    Kid lost when he touched the manager that is flat out assault. This kid is going to jail for a while he has been arrested multiple times for the same shit.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-10-06 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Kid lost when he touched the manager that is flat out assault.
    There was no win scenario for the manager there.

That is not how you handle authority responsible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Arguing with a drunk person and trying to get them to understand reason, IS escalating the situation.
    Trying it once is excuseable but he had time enough to notice that it is a futile attempt and should've removed himself from the situation if possible.

He did not only argue with the drunk he broke into his comfort zone, yelled at him and let him rally a crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no win scenario for the manager there.

That is not how you handle authority responsible.
    The manager did his part on calling the cops already I'm sure he didn't expect this dumbass to hang out and wait for them. That and I find it amusing you think the manager has training to deal with drunks.

It sounded like he was giving the kid a scolding. How is that unprofessional given the environment was a college?

That is true too, and I kinda hope security told them off about how they tried to handle the situation. This could've ended way worse...
    And as Winter explained, if you have a foodplace, bar, or whatever, you should kinda know how to deal with drunks... The manager was lucky it was just a teenager.
    You shouldn't have to deal with drunks in places that drinking isn't allowed though.

It's not about fault it's about constructive critique.

When I say darren wilson shouldn't pick fights outnumbered with people who are stronger then him in punching range that is a valid critique.

When I say a store manager should let the security remove people from the restaurant instead of getting in punching distance and yelling at them the same.

This is about incompetent people having too much authority and trusting their badge.
    It's uh...not much critiquing if the person isn't hearing it.

And I'm not sure touching the rest is even worth it if you think a store manager is somehow "having too much authority and trusting their badge" by kicking the kid out. What was he suppose to do, just ignore him and let the kid cause a huge scene, possibly start damaging things and causing a ruckus?