10+ Year Old Account

The best thing about SWTOR is also the worst!!!

Last time I played SWTOR I had a serious issue with the game. Now that I have come back after over a year I still see the same issue present. The Classes are too damn fun to play! >: (

Seriously, I am having the hardest time trying to find a class to focus on because I have fun on them all. This past weekend I thought I would level up a Scoundrel since I had never made an Operative/Scoundrel before. Well sure enough I ended up playing him all weekend because Scrapper was just stupid fun to play. And last night I thought to myself, "I wonder if I should level a Commando since everyone is complaining about them". So I loaded up my Mercenary and played a few matches (PvP) only to find myself having a blast. Then I rolled into my Vanguard, something I haven't played in forever, to see how it was...surprise, it was fun too! Also, I can't forget my original contenders of Sentinel, Guardian, and Shadow...

This is a serious dilemma guys! I don't know who to push when the expansion drops. The classes just play too well!!! XD

For the most part, I agree, however I don't know if I'd say that it's the "worst" thing about SWTOR. There are a few things that are worse hehe, but onto your point:

I knew that I would want to see everything in the class stories so I began leveling with the 12x boost months ago. With 2 weeks until early access I still haven't finished everything that I wanted to do in terms of leveling. I've had to limit myself to using only the Force using classes in KotFE because I knew I wouldn't have time to level everything to 60.

However I do have my main. My sorc was my first and favorite character. She kicks ass in the name of the Empire and I love just about everything about her. I'll get around to the others eventually, but my sorc is up first.

So excited for KotFE but I still have a lot to do with leveling before we get there. 2 weeks to go till early access. Wheeeeeee!

I completely agree. I attribute that to the visuals of the different skills, they somehow make the combat a lot more fun. Be it scrapper punching people or Sentinel's fancy lightsaber moves. They have done a lot to improve over the years in order to make the combat more fluid and responsive and it is paying off.

This might be the only MMO, that I can't decide on a dedicated main and now I have ran up on 12 x level 60s. Luckily that should provide enough variations when I play KoTFE.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2015-10-07 at 10:19 AM.

Totally agree as well.

Its rare for me to play an MMO where I just like all classes. Usually I end up finding one that suits my taste, and the rest are just dull or boring for me.

In wow, the only class I've really clicked with was DK (and recently, assassination rogues). All the others are horribly dull for me.

In Wildstar, the only class I've really clicked with is Stalker. Tried the rest, couldn't stand them.

In Guild Wars 2 the only class I clicked with was necromancers. Unlike most MMOs, you can actually sample all classes at max lvl with all skills and talents unlocked in the PVP area, and I did this for every class. Almost all of them were boring to me, except necros.

But in SWTOR? Tried a lightning sorc, and loved it. Tried a Pyro Powertech, loved it. Tried an operative, loved both DPS specs. Tried a Juggernaught, loved all 3 specs. Tried a sniper, loved all 3 specs. Tried Assassin, loved the tank spec, but finally found a spec I didn't like, which was both DPS specs. Tried Marauder, loved all 3 specs (SPECIALLY the one that uses Ataru Form). Have yet to try Mercenary, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I love it too.

They've done a really good job at balancing procs, rotations, resource management, and cooldown management, to make each spec feel unique, yet fun to play. They're all very VERY good.

Its one of the many reasons I lament and bemoan how poorly managed this game was during its launch and how it was rushed. Had they taken more time to polish this diamond in the rough, I truly believe this game could have had the potential to actually kick wow into the curb. We all know how that ended up, and its unlikely it will ever achieve that goal now (MMOs practically never get second chances), but I'm very glad that the game managed to recover and get back on its feet, and at the very least, it wont be closing its doors any time soon.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The struggle is real :P

I mostly always fall back to my Jugg/Guardians anyways. A Ret Pally x Arms Warrior x Frost DK is one of the funnest things I've played in Years.

Ha, I agree. I like Shadows/Assassins, so i have a ton of them, but I have a ton of characters overall. the only issue with leveling multiples, is that you always end up on the same planets, and that aspect gets pretty old quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Ha, I agree. I like Shadows/Assassins, so i have a ton of them, but I have a ton of characters overall. the only issue with leveling multiples, is that you always end up on the same planets, and that aspect gets pretty old quickly.
    Yeah, the content might get stale but the actual gameplay remains solid...and yeah I can relate to your Shadow/Assassin obsession. I used to have 2 max-level Shadows (when max was 50), a max level Assassin, and a mid-range Assassin. I scrapped 2 of them for their names though. =X

Actually I think the only class I haven't been able to get into is the Sage/Sorc. I've got a lowbie Sage right now, but the Scoundrel & Commando are just more fun to play and level at the moment. I will probably try to push the Sage right before the expansion though, just so I have him available.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, the content might get stale but the actual gameplay remains solid...and yeah I can relate to your Shadow/Assassin obsession. I used to have 2 max-level Shadows (when max was 50), a max level Assassin, and a mid-range Assassin. I scrapped 2 of them for their names though. =X

Actually I think the only class I haven't been able to get into is the Sage/Sorc. I've got a lowbie Sage right now, but the Scoundrel & Commando are just more fun to play and level at the moment. I will probably try to push the Sage right before the expansion though, just so I have him available.
    Sage is amazing, though I will say Sage is the only character I also leveled entirely through PvP. Nothing like wrecking face as a Balance Sage to get the blood flowing.

I did leveled my Sorc through PvE with Treek and found it fun aswell. but PvP as a Sage/Sorc is amazing in all 3 specs which is generally not heard of in MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Actually, I should have said Consular/Inq. I only have 1 max inq sorc and my "main" shadow tank, but 12 other consular/inqs in some sort of leveling phase. Some that I'd consider rerolling, I won't cuz they have "something" to them - like my darkside 25 shadow with the empire tshirt, also has the cathar staff I always do that shit to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely agree. After maining a DK in WOW for so long it is nice to find a game that lets me enjoy all of the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duflo View Post
    I absolutely agree. After maining a DK in WOW for so long it is nice to find a game that lets me enjoy all of the classes.
    Death Knight and Warrior were the classes I had the most fun with in WoW.

But yeah, after playing more and more I think the Sentinel is the class that has risen to the top of the pile. Its not that surprising since during my last SWTOR blitz I ended up playing the Marauder the most. I think it fits my personal playstyle the best. The only thing I wish it had was a knockback. If it had the Force Push like Guardian, I would be so happy. =)

But as for the new expansion, I think I might end up pushing a Guardian through it. I do like my existing Juggernaut and Guardian, and I think for Solo play the Guardian is a bit more forgiving to play (or at least doesn't seem to have the same downtime as the Sentinel due the self-healing of Focused Defense).

Deleted
    I know exactly how you feel. Never been a sub so lvl50 is my max but I have been enjoying playing most of the classes.
    The only two I haven't found fun to play were juggernaut and vanguard tank(both deleted in lvl30s to make room for a marauder and commando), but the reason for that could be that I'm not so much in to tanking although I'm giving it a try with a jedi shadow.

Think the best/worst thing for me would be if I actually became a sub and had to pick one character to enjoy the endgame. Even picking Rep or Imp would be hard enough and the funny thing is I never had that problem while playing WoW. All characters Alliance, could never imagine playing Horde, and Shadowpriest as my main.

Deleted
    Man, getting a subscription would make your life so much easier - it really cheap.

I have everything at 50 or higher and Vanguard is still my favorite by far, combination of her playstyle, looks/armor, companions and storyline. Doesn't hurt that she's got FemShep's voice too. From what I read, KotFE really streamlined leveling so it should be easier now, and all companions can tank, heal and DPS so you aren't so restricted in choice of companions now.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is no problem. I just got access to SoR and finished the Rishi planet, so my 55 is currently part way through 64. Going to to max out before I even get into KotFE content... >_>;;

Deleted
    False, Consular is not that fun to play. But BH rocks, both story and gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this problem is beginning to resolve...the Guardian has turned out to be way more fun than anticipated and now I don't really care to play my Sentinel or Shadow at all.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally thought the Sniper had the best story and class.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Sith Juggernaut is by far my favorite class to play.

Great story, awesome companions and amazing voice actor along with great lines.