Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anti-Vaxxers Fund Study That Finds Zero Link Between Vaccinations And Autism

The overwhelming majority of scientists agree: Vaccinations do not cause autism. Study after study has shown this, and even the original research used to peddle this myth was eventually retracted due to falsified data. But this hasn’t stopped many anti-vaccination groups from still trying to create data that says otherwise, often by commissioning studies that they hope will support their ideologies.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...ons-and-autism

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a FYI we just went through this not long ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-cause-autism

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't we just once and for all confirm that anti-vaxxers had traumatic experiences with their shots as kids, and now want to rationalize an irrational fear?

That's been my hunch more and more lately, as most anti vaxxers will admit to having an extreme fear of needles.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Isnt this kind of old news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    ISIS or zionism both aim for the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Can't we just once and for all confirm that anti-vaxxers had traumatic experiences with their shots as kids, and now want to rationalize an irrational fear?

That's been my hunch more and more lately, as most anti vaxxers will admit to having an extreme fear of needles.
    No they are just correlation equals causation idiots ignorant of the fact that autism diagnoses were in their infancy back in the day and probably afflicted just as many people, there simply wasn't a system in place like today to diagnose them, thus there was "less" autism back then.

This will live on just as long as the idea that you can tell if a woman is a virgin, the dominance theory regarding dogs, the bad knowledge of what a scientific theory entails and so on.

People just love being willfully stupid and backwards. Too bad that others (humans and animals) suffer from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    http://tylervigen.com/view_correlation?id=359

Coincidence? I think not...

^Anti-vacciners.
    ...By Tyrande's butthair, It all comes together now!! Someone stop Nicolas Cage from being in any more movies or more innocent lives will be lost to the depths of swimming pools!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I just wonder what goes through the minds of those "people" when they claim utter horseshit stuff like vaccines causing autism... They obviously know nothing about vaccines (or medicine in general) and even less about autism. Willful ignorance and stupidity like that is just disgusting.

It's common knowledge among everyone but anti-vaxxers that autism and vaccines are not related.

The thing that people who do vaccinate (myself included) need to understand is that vaccines are NOT 100% safe, nor 100% effective. Yes there can be side effects, some as severe as death, but most people will be fine getting them. So, you have two options: risk of the vaccine hurting you vs the risk of contracting the disease and being injured/dying because of it... I will side with the LESS RISKY option and vaccinate. But people should stop claiming that vaccines can't be dangerous!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

A couple points seem immediately relevant to me - the first is that "finds zero link" doesn't really mean much, in and of itself. Lots of things really are linked, but a given study might not find that link for a variety of reasons. A single, narrow study doesn't really mean much - that's why it's important to understand the body of the literature. Beware the man of one study!

That aside, I'm not sure what the point is. While anti-vaxxers are harmful, there are very few of them here and we don't really move the needle with this. Seems like there's not much to do other than have a circlejerk about what stupid losers those Other People are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not vaccinating is worse. Not only are you at a high risk of getting sick yourself but also infecting others around you who did not or cannot get vaccinated. Nothing is 100% safe, but not vaccinating is 100% unsafe and imo irresponsible to those around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    A couple points seem immediately relevant to me - the first is that "finds zero link" doesn't really mean much, in and of itself. Lots of things really are linked, but a given study might not find that link for a variety of reasons. A single, narrow study doesn't really mean much - that's why it's important to understand the body of the literature. Beware the man of one study!

That aside, I'm not sure what the point is. While anti-vaxxers are harmful, there are very few of them here and we don't really move the needle with this. Seems like there's not much to do other than have a circlejerk about what stupid losers those Other People are.
    The fact we have a suzesble enough population to cause measles outbreaks more often tends to point that we do have a problem. Not as bad as 3rd world, but still a priblem

Unless by here you mean MMOC. Then true enough

Im against getting myself vaccinated. Didn't they want to vaccinate soldiers against anthrax at one time also?. Who knows what they are injecting us with. People bitch and moan about gmo food, but then let some quack stick a needle in them filled with god knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The fact we have a suzesble enough population to cause measles outbreaks more often tends to point that we do have a problem. Not as bad as 3rd world, but still a priblem

Unless by here you mean MMOC. Then true enough
    Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Awareness campaigns in general are great, science outreach is great. Just not sure that this thread has potential for much other than, "ha, I'm so much smarter than those stupid people!".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Im against getting myself vaccinated.
    Why?
    Didn't they want to vaccinate soldiers against anthrax at one time also?
    Yes, BioThrax is a relatively safe, effective vaccine. It was mandatory under some circumstances.
    Who knows what they are injecting us with.
    The people that do the vaccine research, the manufacturers, the FDA, and anyone that reads FDA inserts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im against getting myself vaccinated. Didn't they want to vaccinate soldiers against anthrax at one time also?. Who knows what they are injecting us with. People bitch and moan about gmo food, but then let some quack stick a needle in them filled with god knows what.
    Look closely folks, but don't touch! A prime example of why this ridiculous movement exists.

And yes they were giving soldiers and emergency workers anthrax vaccines, do you not recall that some organizations and/or individuals manufactured anthrax and used it to kill several people in 2001?
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2015-10-06 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well just go live in a cave at this point, cut off from everything. Being online right now is dangerous for you - you never know who is listening in. Heck, it's possible the government has designed this entire site specifically to capture you. Electricity probably carries nanites that might even be altering your brain as we speak. You shouldn't trust any over-the-counter stuff, either; you didn't watch them make it or package it. It could be anything. At this point, you should find the nearest flowering plants and take their seeds (you can't trust the seeds you can buy at a store, who knows how they've been altered) and get the hell out of dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    At this point, you should find the nearest flowering plants and take their seeds (you can't trust the seeds you can buy at a store, who knows how they've been altered) and get the hell out of dodge.
    But how did that nearest flowering plant get there? Who planted it? Sounds like a trap to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they want to vaccinate soldiers against anthrax at one time also?.
    Yes. It's generally considered to be a good idea to have your soldiers be immune to probable biological warfare agents.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, most of the people bitching and moaning about gmo food are bitching and moaning about the wrong things. The food itself is fine. It's the seed patents and breeding stuff that's the real gmo issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You might as well just go live in a cave at this point, cut off from everything. Being online right now is dangerous for you - you never know who is listening in. Heck, it's possible the government has designed this entire site specifically to capture you. Electricity probably carries nanites that might even be altering your brain as we speak. You shouldn't trust any over-the-counter stuff, either; you didn't watch them make it or package it. It could be anything. At this point, you should find the nearest flowering plants and take their seeds (you can't trust the seeds you can buy at a store, who knows how they've been altered) and get the hell out of dodge.
    Not cool, you can't just give away our--erm--their plan like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    3 mods in a one page thread? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Something about chem trails.
    You know, I noticed that too.

HALF LIFE 3 CONIFRM!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.