Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralyn View Post
    For soaking Gaze is P3, what classes are options?
    Atm we have two mages and three hunters, no rogues, and are 3 tanking.
    Because our hunters will need to rotate soaking Marks, what would be the best for soaking the fears?
    warlock, disc priest. Anything with decent defensives because tbh as long as they are topped and shielded. 900k/x shouldnt be too much to worry about.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your tanks have their back against the pillar, just have them take the entire glaive combo in the last phase, which is what we do. Obviously swapping for the next combo. By back against the pillar I simply mean so you can't fly off the platform, being too close to the pillar for an extended period of time is a really bad idea.

What this does is remove some level of RNG, as you can just have the other tanks help soak a couple of the gazes. They can't get feared so you won't need backups, and they will never die with a simple CD.

We 4 tank the boss. Tanks handle wrath of gul'dan mostly by themselves, and they always eat the gazes in the last phase instead of sending DPS to do it. Most people 3 tank it which is fine, same principle. Just send two of your tanks, along with 1 DPS to soak at least the first 2 gazes. We usually let the 3rd set of gazes die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Hey. We are on mannoroth atm and if wasnt for a certain boomkin who thought he could fly we would have killed it last week xD.
    Oh, how I miss the ptr, where boomkins actually could fly, one of my best memories was when Iskar said "you had better learnt to fly." from the wind debuff, and I was flying around.

Is it really necessary to suicide people with Wrath of Guldan?

We plan to have only 3 Empowered Gaze and suicide wave #3, but for Wrath of Guldan we're putting people on the sides where the 3rd tank will try to soak as much as he can, and let the healer in the raid, at least that's the plan, we're getting to the 2nd Shadowforce atm.

Just trying to see if that's viable or not.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Is it really necessary to suicide people with Wrath of Guldan?

We plan to have only 3 Empowered Gaze and suicide wave #3, but for Wrath of Guldan we're putting people on the sides where the 3rd tank will try to soak as much as he can, and let the healer in the raid, at least that's the plan, we're getting to the 2nd Shadowforce atm.

Just trying to see if that's viable or not.
    It isn't necessary to suicide deliberately. We three tanked it, so it may have made soaking a little easier in the last phase, but essentially we had:
    - A melee to the side dropping off stacks on the two main tanks
    - A melee was in the raid group shuffling around as to not stack any one person too high (third tank in the raid group helped soak a lot of it)
    - The two ranged stood outside the raid groupd
    - The healer stood out of the raid group for the most part as well, at least until the melee in the raid was soaked

The only one who's likely to die by falling off in this case is the melee to the side, really. During Shadowforce everyone is stacked and being pushed back in the centre, while the two ranged & healer are on "parallel lanes" being pushed back as well.