Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they beefed up the range abilities for melee so they could burst range damage once in a while for mechanics.

7+ Year Old Account
    With hunter's getting a true petless spec, I'd be more inclined to play ranged.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

I'm sure the same was said when DK's were introduced. and Monks. I'm sure plenty of people will keep playing ranged
    Some people like ranged, some people like melee, others don't really care and just play what they like based on aesthetics and/ or gameplay of the character.

I honestly don't think the melee vs ranged demographic will change that much. I'm sure there will be a metric shitload of Demon hunters, but once people get into end game grind content and raiding, those that stay Demon Hunters are likely just going to be people that switched over from a different melee class. Obviously there will be some exceptions, but for the most part I think this will be an accurate assumption.

they should replace a rogue spec with a stealth archer/ dark ranger mix.

If DH just replaces a Rogue, Monk or other Melee Class, then it won't have an impact on overall Role representation, in which case, this whole thread means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they should replace a rogue spec with a stealth archer/ dark ranger mix.
    I would love to see Sub Rogues become a Dark Ranger spec with a Crossbow Artifact.

Nope, def not. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    It is kind of strange why are all 3 of the new classes added to the game melee hybrids? Demon Hunters are melee tanks or dps just like Dk's and monks can fulfill every role.
    Blizzard probably doesn't like the idea of pure dps for a new class, basically just giving one role a new class isn't the best idea.

I mean for Dk & Monk the Tank role is rather fitting, it doesn't fit as much for DH but if you cut the Tank spec then the DH would just a have one spec.

Hopefully Legion doesn't have a lot of raid encounters that completely shit on melee.

I realised, healing a 10m group with a MW as a co-healer and 5 melee dps on Koragh earlier this expansion, that there is a reason ranged (specifically hunters) are favoured.

Ironically, everything that they add to hurt ranged made raids end up taking even more ranged dps to deal with it. I think once encounters stop oppressing range dps (and consequently healers) so much that we will actually see an increase melee dps (people playing what they actually want to play).

Conclusion: adding more ways to "balance" melee/ranged by adding mechanics to hurt ranged makes even more ranged necessary. Less ranged only mechanics = more people get to play melee. Counterintuitively, less melee only mechanics = also more people get to play melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    That's only true though when you hit the limit of too many melee. Before then, spec and class balance and utility matter much more.

For instance, as long as you don't have too many melee, you would take a warrior or rogue over a shadow priest or ele shaman on Tyrant. (And that particular combo applies to lots of different fights)
    Im not sure you know how Twist of Fate works lol

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    I realised, healing a 10m group with a MW as a co-healer and 5 melee dps on Koragh earlier this expansion, that there is a reason ranged (specifically hunters) are favoured.

Ironically, everything that they add to hurt ranged made raids end up taking even more ranged dps to deal with it. I think once encounters stop oppressing range dps (and consequently healers) so much that we will actually see an increase melee dps (people playing what they actually want to play).

Conclusion: adding more ways to "balance" melee/ranged by adding mechanics to hurt ranged makes even more ranged necessary. Less ranged only mechanics = more people get to play melee. Counterintuitively, less melee only mechanics = also more people get to play melee.
    This isn't correct at all.

The issue is that there aren't enough ranged mechanics that severely lower ranged dps without hurting melee. For ages the ranged have been just as good as melee. As a raid leader, I'd gladly take a raid full of only ranged over a raid with a 1:2 split even. I'd want like 3 melee at most in a 20 man ideally. Don't care what classes any ranged plays. They're that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post

The issue is that there aren't enough ranged mechanics that severely lower ranged dps without hurting melee. For ages the ranged have been just as good as melee. As a raid leader, I'd gladly take a raid full of only ranged over a raid with a 1:2 split even. I'd want like 3 melee at most in a 20 man ideally. Don't care what classes any ranged plays. They're that much better.
    That's the sad reality. More ranged is always better overall than more melee. Been like that since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post

What am I saying wrong? And why exactly is it that you want to take more ranged? What makes them better? At least I put a reasonable argument to why ranged are taken over melee. All you're saying is the ranged are "better".

Everything that severely hurts ranged also hurts healers. So lets say you make a mechanic where ranged get constantly targeted by stuff. Oh yeah, now you screwed your raid by taking too few ranged dps because now healers can't heal.

Take more ranged -> share the load of cooldowns per character soaking ability x -> mechanics handled easily.
    Remove abilities that target ranged -> healers suddenly don't have to deal with movement/soaking -> need less ranged dps.
    Add tons of abilities that target ranged -> need more ranged to handle said tons of abilities that target ranged -> cut melee.

Sure, put in more mechanics that lower ranged dps and then put some more in. In fact, just slash ranged dps by 50%, seems to work for gw2. I for one would love to play melee and don't care about mechanics and do the occasional interrupt. Ranged? f*** those guys. Healers? f*** them too. I'm just here to tunnel the boss.

I don't think there will be a lot of ranged dps players swapping to a melee class anyways.. once you go ranged you never go back!

Alt runs are going to be ruined though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you count healing specs as ranged;

hunter 2r 1m
    druid 2r 2m
    shaman 2r 1m
    warrior 0r 3m
    rogue 0r 3m
    monk 1r 2m
    dk 0r 3m
    mage 3r 0m
    warlock 3r 0m
    priest 3r 0m
    paladin 1r 2m
    ----------------
    Total 17r 17m

-----Edit-----
    Whoops, forgot demon hunters being 0r 2m giving a total of 17r and 19m
    Last edited by Pakmanisgod; 2015-10-11 at 05:57 AM.

What is the problem here?

It is not like you can't decide which kind of group you form.

What comes to your guild, you should talk about the issue, and see if ppl understand. If they don't, just recruit more ranged players.