Thread: [TV] Scorpion

[TV] Scorpion

Lets talk scorpion, no one's mentioned it before, i've seen the first season and the second has started, nothing to write home about, it's very popular though state side.

Leverage but with geeks/nerdy "geniuses" being the team.. but am i the only one that gets so irritated by the starting narrative? "we're geniuses"..and the way he says it and the number of times he says it.. sounds so pompous too.

Anyway I'm glad for the actor that got the role.. it is interesting to watch, butit's nothing i fanfare about, what i like about it is that they are constantly solving difficult problems and always in very tightspots, and one thing you can be sure off, is that something is bound to go wrong, at EVERY stage, so they keep having to solve and impossible situation multiple times. At least it keeps you engaged till the very end.

The most fun side story is with the kid Ralph.. did you see Tuesday's episode and what he says about the m? I had to laugh, like having that kid on the show.

I don't understand why the show is so popular. My roommate watches it and the second hand exposure is more than enough for me. The main character is completely unlikable. And the "inspired by the life of Walter O'Brien" aspect has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I don't understand why the show is so popular. My roommate watches it and the second hand exposure is more than enough for me. The main character is completely unlikable. And the "inspired by the life of Walter O'Brien" aspect has always rubbed me the wrong way.
    you know, totally agree, , at first i wondered if it's because i've been conditioned to male white leads for too long, but tha'ts not it, there are many shows with female ledas, black male/female and latino leads that i've really liked even though America hasn't always liked them, I just don't warm up to him as much, but i'm glad for him. Rubs me the wrong way is fairly accurate.

and yeah, i don't get why the show is so popular.

Deleted
    joke: cop says do you know what this badge means
    toby:that you got d's in high school

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a decent show. The latest episode was great, but seeing how the second was average and the first was god-awful I think that highlights this shows primary weakness.

Consistency.

When each episode is a standalone story, with only token elements of continuity, usually related to (romance)subplots. You HAVE to make sure that each and every episode is WORTH tuning in for. If people aren't coming back to see how the story ends, then they will judge the series on the last episode they saw... If you release 2/3 crap ones in a row, you WILL lose viewers.

That said, This week's episode was fucking boss and Sly is my favourite character
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

#scorpion - another tight spot escape.. i can't help but think for a change they could use some pre-made stuff, don't have to have them always build everything from scratch, like the containment vessel, the government could have had one brought in rather than have the geniuses build one.. sometimes i think they throw in un-necessary complications to have the geniuses solve, it is always interesting ofc, bu sometimes it's a bit too much and makes it over-convoluted

was a nice episode today though..but [spoiler] they never showed who was responsible for the problem of the sunken submarine, probably indicating the writers are just obsessed with scenarios, the whole point of the mission was to find out why/who, and then it was just about surviving, they survived, and didn't find out, that was rather sloppy - also Walter's new friend Ray - you know is suspicious, he's around too much always in the right spots to over hear stuff, it's not very subtle he's up to something and something probably nefarious, it's a lame way of introducing him , unless he actually just is a friend, which would be nice, but it would also be nice if the officer from the ship they were trapped in became a friend, and there was issue with Ray, - and a bro-mance competition for Walter - but maybe the character is actually from the life of Walter O'Brian. in which case, we'll have to see where it goes
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-10-13 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Leverage but with geeks/nerdy "geniuses" being the team.. but am i the only one that gets so irritated by the starting narrative? "we're geniuses"..and the way he says it and the number of times he says it.. sounds so pompous too.
    That's the point. Due to his intelligence he never bonded with people and his EQ is low compared to others. That's why they have Paige so she can help them work with other people. Half of most episodes are about this very fact. He knows he's smarter than other people but because he sucks at relating people rather than not mentioning this he tells it to people which pisses them off.

Signature Created by Jassinta

omg... this weeks episode, was the best Scorpion yet, it was such a roller coaster.. i know they all are, but this was particularly nice. Glad they didn't break it in two either. Unusal, but effective

I started watching this the first season, after about 6 episodes it was lather, rinse, repeat, got boring very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I started watching this the first season, after about 6 episodes it was lather, rinse, repeat, got boring very fast.
    some shows I can only watch in certain moods, hit the wrong mood and i just won't enjoy it, sometimes i go for months without touching a show and then when the mood is just right, i just chain watch and really enjoy it, even if it leaves no lasting impression.