Thread: Crate-off

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post

(i have 2 accounts)
    808+480=1288

Is that an addon that puts those bars there?

PS. The fact they don't start on the same line triggers my OCD

How do you guys have even enough space to keep so many crates? My max level characters are really struggling to keep more than 10 slots empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    How do you guys have even enough space to keep so many crates? My max level characters are really struggling to keep more than 10 slots empty.
    Because we play differently than you

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Is that an addon that puts those bars there?

PS. The fact they don't start on the same line triggers my OCD
    Yea it's altoholic I think
    The colored 'bars' are just me blocking my toons names. The color represents the class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    The colored 'bars' are just me blocking my toons names.

Ah. I'm an idiot. I even have a similar addon.

Excuse: You colored them differently.

I have never more then 4 or 5 stacks on any chars because they run out of bag space all the time but tbh I don´t get too many crates anymore anyway as I only do currency missions so on average I clear 100 crates every like 3 months

I have usually 2 stacks+ on each of my 11 toons, which is when I empty them at the salvage yard. I hate doing it. But it's like a habit now that I can't break. I want to throw those damn crates into the abyss where I can't even reach them... Maybe even throw the damn salvage yard somewhere as well.
    I am doing the garrison gold missions like clockwork, too. Can't stop. The gold must flow. I wanna reach 999,999 gold, which is max gold cap I think across my 11 toons, Not each toon of course, that'll take my forever, lol. Once I reach that, I'll just use those toons as my gold-making toons and level new toons that I will actually play and enjoy and not worry about gold that much, especially for tokens. That's what I mainly buy with gold anyway nowadays. By the way, I am at like 880k gold across my 11 toons. I can earn up to 30k gold in 3 days at the moment. So a token every 3 days if I was refreshing the garrison missions 2-3 times maybe 4 times daily.

I save up all my crates on 11 chars (all with T3 salvage yard, tavern and 25 followers) for 1 month. Generally nets me 2,3-2.5k crates/bags now after the nerf. Good times spending an entire day opening ceates, processing all contained in them, and throwing stuff up on the AH.

I don't usually let them build up past 40 crates, I don't like unnecessary items taking up valuable bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluscus View Post
    oof. How do you get by w/o using bagnon or some bag addon. Tend to save up to 100 and open em all.

Also, just put the bag / crate on your action bar and spam 8. or w/e number u use
    Bagnon is just one of what I will term the one-bag format.
    All it offers over the default is consolidation.
    That is why I prefer bags with more filtering/sorting such as Cargbags_Nivaya or Arkinventory.
    If you manually sort the contents of your bags, then the one-bag format doesn't offer you a lot, unless its search supports more options.

Not logged in at present, but pretty sure its about 20 odd crates.

Planning on trying to auction stuff from those instead of vendoring/hoarding as I have been doing too much.
    Two alts with way too much clutter that need cleared out.

As this is potentially a relevant thread for that discussion, do people have specific advice on that.
    Planning on using TSM if possible, but other suggestions if they come will be considered.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-10-11 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I try to open them up every 2 weeks or so. I have 7 garrisons with salvage yards, and get approx 60 boxes a week on each character. Give or take of course. So every 2 weeks I'm looking at 800+ boxes to open.
    I was slacking with one of my toons and just finally opened up over 260 crates on him earlier today. The most crates I've had at one time across all my toons was around 1400 when I just didn't get to them for an extended period of time.

Deleted
    The things that would make garrisons an old baggage in Legion unless they are nerfed or removed are pilling up to be honest.

Deleted
    0 crates.

Got rid of salvage yards months ago. To be precise, somewhere at the start of July, which would be ca. 2 weeks after Patch 6.2 launch.

The nerf on SY was harsh. Far less crates to open, far worse item value in them. Not only gray item nerf but also the 665 epic natural devaluation. I could still make 10-15k gold from each 665 epic in patch 6.1... in patch 6.2 you could get very easy 675/695 baleful crap so yeah, there's that... gl selling that 665 cloak or helmet...

in fact i got 685 mythic boe gloves from highmaul raid cache lately, sold them for whooping 1200 gold.

Replacements for SY:

-JC shack. Crafted rings sell for 300-1000g, daily quest is very profitable
    -Insci shack. Darkmoon cards of War sell for decent money, daily quest is somewhat profitable
    -BS shack. No daily q but you save on repair bills with it and also crafted blue weapons still sell for 1.5 - 3k gold a pop! Amazing i know. You can get 705 weapon from crafting now and players still need to purchase the base item which is 630 stage 1/6, that's why it still holds price.

My greatest benefit of ditching SY is time saved on it. Fuck opening these crates.

- - - Updated - - -

0 crates.

Got rid of salvage yards months ago. To be precise, somewhere at the start of July, which would be ca. 2 weeks after Patch 6.2 launch.

The nerf on SY was harsh. Far less crates to open, far worse item value in them. Not only gray item nerf but also the 665 epic natural devaluation. I could still make 10-15k gold from each 665 epic in patch 6.1... in patch 6.2 you could get very easy 675/695 baleful crap so yeah, there's that... gl selling that 665 cloak or helmet...

in fact i got 685 mythic boe gloves from highmaul raid cache lately, sold them for whooping 1200 gold.

Replacements for SY:

-JC shack. Crafted rings sell for 300-1000g, daily quest is very profitable
    -Insci shack. Darkmoon cards of War sell for decent money, daily quest is somewhat profitable
    -BS shack. No daily q but you save on repair bills with it and also crafted blue weapons still sell for 1.5 - 3k gold a pop! Amazing i know. You can get 705 weapon from crafting now and players still need to purchase the base item which is 630 stage 1/6, that's why it still holds price.

My greatest benefit of ditching SY is time saved on it. Fuck opening these crates.

I used to do that... now i make it a point to empty out all my crates/bags once a week. Makes life SO much easier to not have to devote an hour+ to opening crates >_<

Not sure, last I checked I had like 200, but that was after opening about 1000. I made a few thousand gold in vendoring greens+an untold amount of mats I sold(well, untold because I forgot to 'count' them before i started and AHed quite a few stacks of stuff after it was all said and done).

If you have the patience for it, the insane amount of greens are a nice way to get an enchanting alt some free 'skill ups'. I probably would have made another thousand or two in greens had I not disenchanted my first round of greens for my alt.

Deleted
    I was considering dropping the yard for the storehouse. But then I said meh. It would likely be a GoldPerSecond loss.

The Software of "Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse" let you create macros that can be toggled with the mousebutton.
    The trick was to create one for the hotkeyes crate and set a 2,5s delay in the execution.

That way my crates were opened while i was afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    haha my main does good to have 3 slots free O.O if legion doesn't have a new Xmog system i'll be SOL soon.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Just opened about 500 crates a few days ago.
    Still have 1718 crates across all chars. It's just to boring to open them
    Last edited by Patife17; 2015-10-20 at 01:45 PM.