Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean it is called Draenor!
    This has me thinking... Maybe I missed it, did Orcs even have a name for their planet pre-Draenei?

If Ogres outlived the Orcs on the planet, why the hell do THEY call it Draenor? Its like me sailing to madagascar and naming it Humbug Island, and the natives are like "Sure we'll just go with that". Surely the Ogres have a different name for the planet since it was originally their planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This has me thinking... Maybe I missed it, did Orcs even have a name for their planet pre-Draenei?
    They just called it "world." Which isn't really that far off from what we call our planet. Earth doesn't have an official name. In English we just capitalize the first letter. Each language and culture has their own word for the world which is usually some variation of what the ground is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Galakras#Quotes

Those two really belong in a sitcom.
    Think of Melissa and Joey, but with a Blood Elf pirate-Lord and a Dark Ranger.

Perhaps a stupid question..
    But what planet did the Blood Elves, Trolls, Tauren, Goblin, Forsaken and Pandaren invade?
    Cause the Horde is more than just Orcs.
    azeroth, azeroth, none, azeroth, azeroth, none

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    You know that goblins and trolls are far more "native" to azeroth than any alliance race with exception of night elves ?

Blood elves (natives/wouldn't exist without massive arcane influx), Trolls the original Natives, Tauren Natives, Goblin Natives, Forsaken undead Titan construct, pandaren natives

natives cant invade other natives?

i guess weve never had wars on earth then!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know that goblins and trolls are far more "native" to azeroth than any alliance race with exception of night elves ?
    Night elves exist only because of the well of eternity though, which makes native and at the same time not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Well since the only real native race in the Alliance are pandaren yeah.

The rest are titan constructs, in some way or another or real aliens.

So don't pull the native card, those strong enough to keep their land are entitled to it and that is it.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think we would call that planetary invasion then. Unless you are going to say that in 1939 earth was attacked by nazi empire.

I don't think we would call that planetary invasion then. Unless you are going to say that in 1939 earth was attacked by nazi empire.
    the point was the prove that the horde races are assholes

since, yaknow, thats what the guy quoted was talking about

but yea, feel free to put arbitrary goalposts up, it makes u look good.

10+ Year Old Account

since, yaknow, thats what the guy quoted was talking about

but yea, feel free to put arbitrary goalposts up, it makes u look good.
    Im not entirely sure what is your point, since even following your logic - where did the goblins invaded anyone ?

Also, this may be shocking for you but....trolls were the ones being invaded. Quite a few times to be honest.

And so are the Alliance ones, night elves summoned the legion, dwarves summoned Ragnaros, Aegwynn caused the orc invasion etc.

Im not entirely sure what is your point, since even following your logic - where did the goblins invaded anyone ?

Also, this may be shocking for you but....trolls were the ones being invaded. Quite a few times to be honest.
    goblins have invaded literally every race. theyre like, THE mercenary race on azeroth

catch up on your lore, cuse thats a pretty basic point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And so are the Alliance ones, night elves summoned the legion, dwarves summoned Ragnaros, Aegwynn caused the orc invasion etc.
    yea. that doesnt really matter though, since his point was that both sides are assholes

10+ Year Old Account
    goblins have invaded literally every race. theyre like, THE mercenary race on azeroth

catch up on your lore, cuse thats a pretty basic point
    I don't think you understand who mercenaries are.

I don't think you understand who mercenaries are.
    so invasions only count when the leader is the same race as the main fighting force?

that sure would make dodging warcrimes easy, just make sure you hire some patsy no one for your general

10+ Year Old Account
    so invasions only count when the leader is the same race as the main fighting force?

that sure would make dodging warcrimes easy, just make sure you hire some patsy no one for your general
    The one who is responsible for anything like that is country that is paying them. Mercenaries just do what they are told.

Also shocker - members of many races (alliance included - another shocker) are actually mercenaries. Hell, the group we hired for vash'ir and uldum consisted mostly of alliance races.

The one who is responsible for anything like that is country that is paying them. Mercenaries just do what they are told.

Also shocker - members of many races (alliance included - another shocker) are actually mercenaries. Hell, the group we hired for vash'ir and uldum consisted mostly of alliance races.
    according to WW2 thats not true, but i guess if you want to ignore that then sure youre right.

also, again, who cares. his point was that both sides are assholes and the question asked was who did the horde races invade.

Orcs and Forsaken aren't really good people. Blood Elves did chain up a living embodiment of the Light in their basement to do the magical equivalent of bloodletting, but their entire story has been a redemptive arc so I'm willing to give them a pass on it. Tauren are good people, as are Goblins in their own weird way. Horde Trolls are actually pretty decent as far as the whole subset of Trolls go.

Hasn't it been stated by Blizzard as well that they did not intend to make it like this, but rather that both factions are more in the grey area?

Quote Originally Posted by RareShine View Post
    Hasn't it been stated by Blizzard as well that they did not intend to make it like this, but rather that both factions are more in the grey area?
    Blizzard intends many things storywise, but they always have to clarify it through twitter because they fuck up the implementation.