Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    At one point you could just throw kids into dungeons, kids just need thicker skin.

It's like you people say fuck mental health. If you have any mental problems you're weak and deserve to die. I mean you might as well also kill yourself since that statement alone is worthy of a few mental issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Survival of the fittest. If you're weak enough to commit suicide you're a waste of space and a waste of everyone's time and resources. Period.
    But this "weakness" is almost always a mental illness or disorder. Is treating that a waste of resources? If yes, does it only extend to mental health, or do you view healthcare in general as a waste of time and resources. After all, it is somewhat contrary to survival of the fittest, an idea you subscribe to.

Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    I'm glad you consider unlawful detention and interrogation, unlawful search and seizure, suspension of driving privileges, school suspension, and duress by authority of school-age students to be a slap on the wrist for the terrible crime of being suspected of committing a crime.

Notwithstanding the absolute bullshit concept that pot is life-ruining. What's actually life-ruining are the people who genuinely believe that crap.
    The only remotely serious thing here is suspension of driving privileges. "Oh noes, suspension at school, my life is over now" isn't exactly a rational position to take. Whether or not pot is life-ruining doesn't really matter. If it's illegal, you can always NOT take it recreationally, especially at schools, where it's illegal further. It's not exactly a necessary thing to do, especially in a place where you can be caught. There's always this magical thing called "home" where you can do such stuff.

"OMG Kids. Don't you know that pot will ruin your lives! And I'm going to ruin your lives right now just to prove it to you!"

In any case, blaming weed for the kid's suicide is just as much bullshit as blaming the cops or school administrators.
    That hyperbole. So amazing.

A child with college prospects or a child very fearful of failure can easily feel as though their life was ruined in this case.
    But their thoughts on the issues don't alter reality. The fact remains that calling this punishment capable of "ruining lives" is immensely hyperbolic.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-10-08 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I think there always have been and will be over-achieving kids that get majorly upset the moment they don't perform perfectly. I've graduated high school over a decade ago and when I was a freshman:

1. I myself struggled with stomach issues because of stress, because of overstudying / overworrying that I wouldn't score perfectly on tests.

2. A male classmate of mine started crying the moment he got a score less than A (9/10) and was later found to be cutting himself to releive the stress.

3. A female classmate of mine started crying in the middle of the class the moment she didn't understand perfectly what the teacher was explaining because she was afraid her father would scold her again for not getting an A on a subject.

I was a bellend and probably could've withstood a lot of verbal abuse and punishments, but I still suffered from 'performance anxiety' and stress... but these other two, if they ever got caught in some kind of thing like caught being drunk or smoking weed or being expelled or getting detention, I would've been surprised if they didn't do something crazy and decide to kill themselves too. And that was almost 20 years ago back in the 90ies. So I doubt it's anything new of this age.

As a teacher you really should know what kind of child you're dealing with before you decide to give them the harshest treatment and punishment possible.
    I fully understand the stress of it. I've been in plenty of stressful situations. But killing yourself over something like this just seems crazy to me.

By all means be stressed but to take it to this level... I don't know.

Perhaps there were other things going on in his life. But I find it hard to believe that a kid his age has that much assaulting him that he can't take it and move on.

Either way I'm terribly sorry for his family and their loss.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I fully understand the stress of it. I've been in plenty of stressful situations. But killing yourself over something like this just seems crazy to me.

By all means be stressed but to take it to this level... I don't know.

Perhaps there were other things going on in his life. But I find it hard to believe that a kid his age has that much assaulting him that he can't take it and move on.

Either way I'm terribly sorry for his family and their loss.
    You would think a kid who smokes pot would be more mellow and just giggle in the teachers face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You would think a kid who smokes pot would be more mellow and just giggle in the teachers face.
    Haha.

All the people I know who smoke pot are chill as hell.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So basically...

"QQ i was told off for doing drugs /suicide"
    Ehh... Yeah. Rude, but looks to be true. He probably had some issues to boot, and this was just the last push.
    Though I wonder whate exactly those "verbal attacks" were.

More then likely the police threated to destroy his life or make some shit up if he did not confess. Fucking pigs are corrupt as hell.

These teachers are dumb as fuck. I wish I could have teleported to this guy to talk him out of committing suicide. Funny how some educator's don't know shit. If any teacher's ever did this to me I would laugh and tell them to suck my dick. And this is coming from someone that rarely got in trouble at school. People need to realize words can have alot of power to them, especially towards people with mental issues. Was it even confirmed the students actually smoked weed?? People also need to stop making it seem like weed is the absolute worst thing you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Stupid news is stupid. Another weak child kills themselves and the parents are looking for someone to blame rather than their own bad parenting. School was fine in what they did. You don't belong at a school dance in high school smelling like weed. They only scolded him basically saying "If this is what you're doing you need to rethink this before you ruin your life". But nooooooo authority badddddddd. If the kid killed himself over this, he probably would have killed himself after the dance if someone stepped on his shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    These teachers are dumb as fuck. I wish I could have teleported to this guy to talk him out of committing suicide. Funny how some educator's don't know shit. If any teacher's ever did this to me I would laugh and tell them to suck my dick. And this is coming from someone that rarely got in trouble at school. People need to realize words can have alot of power to them, especially towards people with mental issues. Was it even confirmed the students actually smoked weed?? People also need to stop making it seem like weed is the absolute worst thing you can do.
    Kid would have killed himself when you teleported to him because /feelings. Or if you said the wrong word. Stupid kid is stupid and stupid parents of the kid are even more stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to speak ill of the dead but if he was willing to kill himself for this I don't think he would have been able to handle the real world. If what was said in the letter is true then this is a clear violation of these kid's rights and if the police didn't find weed then it is clear the punishment was unwarranted. As such the faculty should face serious consequences. The kid being a "good boy" doesn't negate the possibility that he smoked weed, but without real evidence there is no reason to punish him.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Stupid news is stupid. Another weak child kills themselves and the parents are looking for someone to blame rather than their own bad parenting. School was fine in what they did. You don't belong at a school dance in high school smelling like weed. They only scolded him basically saying "If this is what you're doing you need to rethink this before you ruin your life". But nooooooo authority badddddddd. If the kid killed himself over this, he probably would have killed himself after the dance if someone stepped on his shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Kid would have killed himself when you teleported to him because /feelings. Or if you said the wrong word. Stupid kid is stupid and stupid parents of the kid are even more stupid.
    It's comments like this that has me convinced the devil logs on to mmoc frequently.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I guess his teachers were right that smelling like weed would ruin his life.

Also I don't understand how there are people here blaming the school, are we just supposed to let people do what ever the fuck they want now even if its illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

Also I don't understand how there are people here blaming the school, are we just supposed to let people do what ever the fuck they want now even if its illegal?
    Because personal responsibility has no place in today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post

They weren't right. Anyone that thinks weed alone, will ruin your life probably isn't too bright. Unless your a square and extremely uptight. The school has the right idea but their methods are garbage.