Upgrading from the GTX 660 Ti? Or anything else?

Halloh!

I built my computer 3 years ago, by mix-n-matching from chauds 'Setup of the Month' series. I don't know much about this stuff, but I feel as though, looking back, I may have spent some money in the wrong areas. I THINK I need to upgrade my GPU, but I honestly don't know too much.

Can anyone spot me some advice on what I should be upgrading?

Currently-
    i5-3570k
    GTX 660 Ti
    4gb Ripjaw DDR(3?)-X2 (total of 8gb)
    21.5inch Asus @ 1900x1080 ( i actually really like my monitor)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand i bought a massive bloody Thermaltake heatsink that is way overkill. (is overclocking a good idea with my cpu? clueless...)

Anythign you guys got for me would be magic

pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by Protosauce View Post
    Halloh!

I built my computer 3 years ago, by mix-n-matching from chauds 'Setup of the Month' series. I don't know much about this stuff, but I feel as though, looking back, I may have spent some money in the wrong areas. I THINK I need to upgrade my GPU, but I honestly don't know too much.

Can anyone spot me some advice on what I should be upgrading?

Currently-
    i5-3570k
    GTX 660 Ti
    4gb Ripjaw DDR(3?)-X2 (total of 8gb)
    21.5inch Asus @ 1900x1080 ( i actually really like my monitor)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand i bought a massive bloody Thermaltake heatsink that is way overkill. (is overclocking a good idea with my cpu? clueless...)

Anythign you guys got for me would be magic
    Overclock your CPU to the moon, it doesn't need replacing. Buy a 390X. Buy a bigger monitor.

I second that opinion, overclock it. 3570k can probably go 4.2Ghz just by upping the multiplier while on stock voltage.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-10-07 at 05:50 PM.

You have a "K" series CPU and it's not overclocked? Yes you should overclock it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Awesome! Look l gotta stop being so pussy about oveclocking! How high should I go if m heat sink is a Thermaltake Frio?

And 390x is a good option? Do I have any others?
    Last edited by Protosauce; 2015-10-07 at 08:37 PM. Reason: gpu

pm me!

10+ Year Old Account
    And 390x is a good option? Do I have any others?
    There's also the 970 and 980. Depends on how much you wanna spend. Due to DX12 being so much more awesome on AMD hardware, that's why people recommend the 390X.

The $500+ 390x is just so savage

pm me!

10+ Year Old Account
    The $500+ 390x is just so savage
    The 390X is just a 290X with an overclock and twice as much VRAM. There's also the 390 which is just the 390X with a lower clock and some pipes or stream cores disabled. Just like the 970 is a 980 with lower clock and 512MB of derp memory. You're not missing out much by getting a 390 and the same can be said about a 970. Hence why the 970 is the most popular graphics card on the market.