Keeping AA up on M Tyrant

Hello,

I am a die-hard 2pc/2pc user. The only fight that I switch to 4PC T18 for is M Tyrant. However, since I'm so used to having 2pc t17 bonus I find myself struggling to get 5 stacks of Eva consistently, especially during the hectic P2/P3 phases. My first problem is that I don't use PW:Solace religiously (uptime 64%). Usually I'll get 2 stacks of Eva that way. I only very rarely offensive Penance, since it's so great for touch of harm targets.

My question is: is it better to smite your way to 5 stacks of Eva on a fight like Tyrant? Or just hit AA at 2-3 stacks?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's situational. But, if someone is in immediate danger of dying, and you're smiting then as the great Rignaros once screamed, "Why are you smiting, when people are dying?!"

But usually if you're at two stacks, its definitely okay to fire off 2 smites and then pop AA at 4 stacks instead of 2. The only time that I wouldn't try to be smiting to build stacks is during the first parts of P3 when people are dangerously close to dying from the low health pool. But up till that point, its definitely okay to be smiting. Also, depending on how good your other healers are with healing touch targets, it's okay do use offensive penance. The atonement does an okay amount of healing and the 4pc can still proc.

But, if you've always ran 2pc/2pc, why stop at M tyrant? Besides for the usual healing that the t18 4pc does, its by and large only something that pads during P2. This past week I used 2pc/2pc instead of 4pc, and did about the same hps (about 1k more with 2/2 vs t18 4), but my AA was much better during P3, which I think helps.

T18 4pc and AA uptime is something that takes a little getting used to, but once you do, its not that bad and not hard to keep a good uptime (with >4 stacks too). Imo, just run an entire farm night with t18, or go run through heroic or something, to gain experience using t18 4pc so it becomes natural to use.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2015-10-07 at 10:01 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."