Fresh 100 - What to play?

Hello,

So I am about to hit level 100 on my warlock and I do have some BoA gear stored up along with some 4k conquest/honor, along with empowered apexis fragments to get my item level at least somewhere near HFC normal entry levels, however question is: What should I be playing without any set bonuses/class trinket and when would it be a good time to change spec once I stat acquiring gear, cheers ^^ ( PS. Any suggestions welcome, not a fan of affliction but as it stands seems to be a must thing)

Destro with Demonic servitude up untill u get 2set, than switch to Grimoire of sacrifice and Charred remains

Cheers! - When should I be switching to affliction on fights like Iron reaver?

When u get enough gear (ilvl 705~ 1300+ haste and class trinket or Mythic Darmacs unstable talisman...) i feel like u need the "extra" haste from one of these two trinkets to not be shard starved

Deleted
    Just getting my alt warlock up to 100 in a few hours. Is destruction best until I get enough haste? Or are affliction and destruction similar? Also, do we switch between specs in HFC or just as one specc, can see stat priority issues?

Switch between aff for st and council and destruction for everything else.

A fresh 100 is likely better off just sticking to destruction due to scaling.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

preety much, Affl is good a Single target and Council fights, Demo at burst aoe (which isnt really needed this tier, other classes can cover that apart from maybe Mannaroth where demo is king for imps) and destro for everything else...specialy sustained aoe (Iskar or Socrethar ghosts) numbers skyrocket there

Deleted
    So no need to switch to Grimoire of sacrifice and Charred remains before the 2P ? And without 2P and 685, should I use Affli on ST fights ? Or stick so Destro ?

Probably depends on your gear, can't really say as I was always current so I'm not really sure what specifics there might be to catch up this time around.

I'd just sim your char for ST fights.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    Just getting my alt warlock up to 100 in a few hours. Is destruction best until I get enough haste? Or are affliction and destruction similar? Also, do we switch between specs in HFC or just as one specc, can see stat priority issues?
    you can play every boss as destro and do fine. destro is basically a jack of all trades spec. good single target, good cleave and good sustained AoE
    but if you want to do max potential damage then you have to switch to affliction on fights such as iron reaver, zakuun, valhari

Quote Originally Posted by bu3mair View Post
    you can play every boss as destro and do fine. destro is basically a jack of all trades spec. good single target, good cleave and good sustained AoE
    but if you want to do max potential damage then you have to switch to affliction on fights such as iron reaver, zakuun, valhari
    that being said, u will still need sufficent ammount of haste to not be shardstarved because if u are, destro is going to be better than affl anyhow...the only way affl does better than destro is if u can play it optimally and being shard starved isnt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction Sacrifice Charred Remains right off the bat. It is plain superior to Demonic Servitude by the grace of the fact that you literally get 670+ gear thrown in your face nowadays and that is where it already when it starts to overtake alternatives.

Gear level needed for CR to overtake DS is so low by today's standards that you might as well not bother with DS.

Then put an effort into mastering Destruction because it is the default and best choice for most PvE content. After that you can try affliction once you have proper raiding gear and tier.

Demonology comes last, it is only relevant in Mythic and even then only two encounters.