Shadowplay causing Explorer to crash/freeze

I stumbled upon Shadowplay in my GeForce Experience app tonight, and remembered that it was supposedly a really good game recording tool. When I fired it up though, it caused both of my monitors to blank for a few seconds, and forcibly changed my backgrounds to pitch black.

I shut it off and closed the app, and when I tried to change my background, Explorer would freeze for about 15 seconds and then give an error message about "there is no program associated with that action", something to that effect. Went into Task Manager and restarted Explorer, and now everything seems fine.

So, uh...what the shit happened there? Does Shadowplay work in Win10? I've got a GTX 970, and GeForce Experience claims that my system is compatible with Shadowplay, though it says "Windows 7 or 8", so is that the problem? Incompatible with 10?

10+ Year Old Account
    You did update the drivers right? There's been a lot of reports that Nvidia drivers weren't ready for Windows 10.

My drivers are pretty recent, yes. Says I'm running a driver from September 29th, which is only a week ago.