Deleted

Question Mantra of Pain usage

Hi, recently trying out a mesmer and I picked up Mantra of Pain because I saw it in a guide and figured I need to git gud with that if I wanna do top deeps.

However, I've found this spell to be very puzzling. It's a very long cast - upwards of 2 seconds - and it has a 1 second cooldown with 2-3 charges (depending on traits). So what, do I charge this thing every time it's off cooldown? Which would be like every 5 seconds. Then I'm spending 1/3 of the entire time I'm DPSing charging this one mantra. Seems a bit clunky and it doesn't actually seem like it'd do a lot of damage at all.

How do you use this thing?

Link to the guide in question: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_S/S_/F_/P

Whilst I'm sure I can swap it out for something else without much of a problem, I'm still confused to this spell's actual correct usage as the 'usage' section of the guide doesn't even brush over mantras.

Deleted
    It´s a nice burst in PvP but I wouldn´t use it for longer PvE fights. Cast time too long and it kinda sucks if you play with one less support skill.

Mantra of pain has a very niche use. In PvE it's only use is to spam mantra heals (when charging a mantra) via a trait, as it is garbage otherwise in PvE unless a fight requires you to burst an add in 3 seconds or something (which no fight does).

In PvP you can use it for burst moments against other players which is pretty good but other utility's are a lot more important than MoP.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.