Poll: Do you want Rewards for World PvP?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want Rewards for World PvP?

I am part of a dying breed, an almost extinct race and a hated community.
    I spend most of my time doing Worl PvP.
    Only targets of my own level, never gank, never corpse camp. All that "honor among thiefs" crap.

Since Blizzard acknowledges world PvP on their own site:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pvp/world-pvp

Why not rewards for participating in World PvP?
    Bring back Halaa battles and Timeless Isle bloody coins for Transmogable gear and mounts.

Q: Are you part of this community? Or do you hate us like most do?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-10-09 at 03:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think a lot of people hate world pvp
    People just dont like gankers

Honestly the only rewards it should have are some honor and maybe 1 conquest per kill
    And it should only come from players 95-100 so That they dont promote ganking

Why is the poll different from the title?
    It should be 1. Yes they should have rewards or 2. No they should not

The biggest problem I ever had with PvP was ganking.

I'm of the school that believes that....when it comes to player vs player... SKILL needs to be the preeminent factor. Not gear....not level....skill.

I'm all for any improvement that works toward this....separating PvP from PvE, balancing each separately, saying gear has no effect on PvP combat and so on. I'd even welcome a Tenacity style buff to deal with the problem caused by groups ganking singletons.

Sure...it's fun to be OP and to wipe someone out in one blow but overall, I believe such activities and the barrier to entry they represent are hugely corrosive to the PvP experience and deter a lot of people from even considering taking part in PvP.

As for rewards....yes. PvP needs its own rewards. Just not rewards that affect actual PvP.

Toys, trinkets, titles, transmog gear, trophies, pets and mounts are all good. Gear that shares stats with PvE gear? Ditto...especially if gear had no impact on PvP performance beyond opening up new zones. Special events...sure. Why not hold a tournament every month to which only the 16 best PvPers on your faction are invited....culminating in faction wide tournaments, or server wide tournaments or even world tournaments held annually?

So yes....a proper reward structure for PvP is important. But so is creating a proper structure for PvP
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2015-10-09 at 11:55 AM.

Tough question as WP is so imbalanced meaning you're never going to have a fair fight in the "wild"

Deleted
    When I hear people saying "oh the good 'ol days, when the community was loving and caring" I remember the rogues that were ganking me in Stranglethorn Vale for the whole duration I was there and I say yeah, nonsense.

Yeah reward them, with a ban.

I think that there should be a some more rewards for doing World PvP and I think the first step is having city leaders, or at least Alliance/Horde leader, drop PvP loot and maybe some other stuff to give a little bit more for killing them besides "Remember when we all attacked Org for fun?" I think that might allow some more of that cool stuff and give a little bit of a reward means folks will want to try harder to do it, although that could lead to people just swarming Org/SW constantly, but who knows.

You know just have Varian/Vol'jin drop various PvP gear like MoP bosses of old that gets better with new seasons, but also drop a mount and maybe a few other things for the non PvPers to want to join in.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    making a name on the server isnt an aspect anymore
    like in the old days. so a reward would be very nice

They should just take the AV idea and put it in the world. Get some quests from shady dudes to go kill other players of your own level in the world and you can loot items from them to turn in for a unique reputation for transmog gear, maybe something a little creepier with a bloodborne hunter style asthetic or something. You can show off how much you world pvp and also makes the other faction see your outfit and B line in the other direction.

all that needs to be done to get rid of excessive ganking in wpvp is bringing back the old honor system. Ranks awarded not from Rbgs from your personal score of kills in battlegrounds and in the open world. Every week your kill score is assessed and your awarded a temporary rank which also gives you access to certain rewards. Also Dishonorable Kills reducing your weekly assessed rank to discourage killing people more than 10 levels below you.

Deleted
    i think they have plan for legion and the new honorsystem

There's no reason to world PvP, even back at TI you didn't usually engage in PvP, you spent most of your time picking off afkers at the flight path, abusing guard blind-spots and getting guards to help kill your targets or killing players on low health who got hit by obnoxiously hard hitting NPCs. There's no way to track who killed you (Which is made more frustrating by Stealth and flying, and no flying isn't why WPvP is awful), no reward for killing someone above your level, no reward for killing a high-priority ganker. The only reason to "WPvP" is to gank other players, usually lower than you or at a disadvantage (Nagrand Wolf/Talbuk building) to either show off and feel better about yourself or to goad them into logging their main. And since most gankers run whenever a real challenge shows up, that usually entails them flying miles ahead until you've gone.

Nah, WPvP is awful because players make it awful. With no reason to do anything except be a dick, people continue to dick about and WPvP gets worse and worse with every expansion.

Deleted
    Hear hear. "World PvP" was just a gank-fest since vanilla. Whenever I hear someone's nostalgia calling it immersive I cringe.

There is an exception though, city invasions and the like. Or proper group vs group fights.

Do people do these anymore?

Deleted
    They could put in a reward for some types of world pvp.

e.g. 10k honor kills in enemy capital, get title "bane of stormwind" or some such. (maybe with a updated way to keep yourself unflagged, ie a random heal shouldnt flag you, that suck balls on imbalanced realms)

They would probably also have to make only level 100 be honor kills to discourage ganking.

Gurubashi arena/darkmoon arena is world pvp and has rewards. Quest like ring of blood/amphitheatre of anguish oftentimes result in world pvp early in the expansion.

But overall world pvp is hard to do. if there is any pve gain involved people will just server hop and do it without pvp. if there is no pve gain involved its veeery hard to lure people to one specific area in large numbers.

IIRC there were dishonorable kills at one point, maybe that sort of mechanic to promote not ganking low level people could be good. That or scaling in pve zones to match the intended level, so it'd at least be even footing in terms of stats.

What I'm reading here, is the only reason the US wins any battles, is due to gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This is where the beauty of conquest points come in...

Blizz could easily offer incentives and flavor to world PvP by having some bozzo show up at your garrison (maybe only those with the arena building) offering some sort of quest to either: go kill x number of honor targets in some zone (everyone would have the same zone each day to add density and ensure there are targets to kill), or go to a zone and cap/hold a flag in the enemy factions inn. Moderate conq rewards like 200 should be enough to encourage participation.

A weekly quest to kill faction leaders would be cool... It would be hard to incentivize the defending faction, but maybe when your city is under attack you gain a buff like 500% more honor from kills or whatever. But as a sample reward structure it should be like:
    Org/stormwind 500 conq + the box that has a piece of bis gear.
    Lesser cities just the 500 conq, since there is less defence and therefore less challenge to kill faction leaders there. Idk just an estimate, maybe they would have to do something like remove the conq from org/stormwind faction boss and just give the box to encourage people actually going to ironforge/uc etc.

TL;dr: if they keep conquest points these are an excellent tool that allows blizz to incentivize pvp behaviour because they can adjust the intended reward for any given activity. Also they should remove/loosen the weekly cap on CQ (maybe at a certain point in the season).

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Hear hear. "World PvP" was just a gank-fest since vanilla. Whenever I hear someone's nostalgia calling it immersive I cringe.

There is an exception though, city invasions and the like. Or proper group vs group fights.

Do people do these anymore?
    So the idea of walking through somewhere like duskwood worried that a rogue or feral druid could be lurking behind any bush to kill you ISN'T immersive, but a zerg rush to kill an npc that almost instantly respawns just for a mount IS?

Ganking isn't fair, thats kind of the point of an ambush, it is however immersive because it causes you to take stock of a world that for many years now has been a B line to a quest marker on your map and just so much white noise inbetween.

The only world pvp you get form the faction leaders is when the horde goes through the deep run tram choke point and thats about it, otherwise its as player vs player as attacking a dummy.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Penalizing dishonorable kills may help somewhat, but there are details to iron out. People who don't care about the penalty for whatever reason will continue to gank. Get honorable kills on your main, gank lowbies on your max-level alt. Be honorable until you've gotten all the rewards you're after, then get back to ganking.

There are already bgs, arenas, zones like halaa, etc. Why is open-world pvp outside of these areas so important? Why should it be encouraged with new rewards? What kind of combat thrill do you get from world pvp that you don't get in an arena or bg - other than the opportunity to kill players that aren't interested in pvp at the moment? The "immersive thrill" of "ooh, someone might kill me while I'm doing dailies?" You wouldn't get any of the rewards suggested by the OP for that.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

fun is the most valuable resource in wow

There is no such thing as world PvP. It's called ganking. And rewarding players for Ganking is a bad thing.