Poll: Should LFR drop the same gear of Heroic Dungeons? Blues.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Not to mention Garrisons are basically non game play (unlike the daily dungeon for valor) and tye gear you get from the garrison is complete crap relative to what valor awarded in Wotlk (tier,trinkets and not diminished by ilvl inflation).

- - - Updated - - -

How did you divine this was their thought process? Like I have no direct statement from them claiming valor was removed cause of raiders and raiding but theirs a lot of stuff they've said and done that's lead me to that conclusion albeit indirectly.
    They literally said that they are removing valor because Garrisons offer outside of raiding progression. I went to go find the page that explains the reason, but when I followed the link I got a 404

Oh, I also remember they said that bonus rolls are a replacement for Valor.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    They literally said that they are removing valor because Garrisons offer outside of raiding progression. I went to go find the page that explains the reason, but when I followed the link I got a 404
    How convenient. I don't recall reading that and if it's true then they're even more clueless. The only statement I recall from hazikostas was about simplifying their currency structure and that's why valor is gone. Of course none of the explain why they had gutting valor since cata but I'm sure the 404 missing page explains it all...

I do remember bonus rolls yes. They claimed valor was originally intended to offset rng and that it had gotten sidetracked from that so bonus rolls bye bye valor. They complete.ignored the fact that people had been using it as a means of alternate progression or just didn't care. Of course it didn't help that raiders on forums whined about w3lfaremepics and capping vLor et etc

None if this goes to show that they didn't remove it because of the concerns of a fraction of the raiding community or larger raiding concerns itself. All it shows is how bloody out of touch they are.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2015-10-13 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    How convenient. I don't recall reading that and if it's true then they're even more clueless. The only statement I recall from hazikostas was about simplifying their currency structure and that's why valor is gone. Of course none of the explain why they had gutting valor since cata but I'm sure the 404 missing page explains it all...

I do remember bonus rolls yes. They claimed valor was originally intended to offset rng and that it had gotten sidetracked from that so bonus rolls bye bye valor. They complete.ignored the fact that people had been using it as a means of alternate progression or just didn't care. Of course it didn't help that raiders on forums whined about w3lfaremepics and capping vLor et etc

None if this goes to show that they didn't remove it because of the concerns of a fraction of the raiding community or larger raiding concerns itself. All it shows is how bloody out of touch they are.
    I don't remember any mention of garrisons being the reason for Valour being removed. I do remember that bonus rolls helped reduce "RNG" and that valour would not be needed as such to get these items. But then we get apexis crystals from garrisons/dailies anyway. Why we didn't get bonus Apexis crystals from dungeons I do not know. That would have gone some way to help people gear up (put a limit on how much apexis you get from dungeons per day/week and you're golden).

Epics should only be attainable from 2200+ 3v3 arena. Raiding can award blues, 5 man dungeons greens. This would be a more logical skill-based reward system.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You get a piece of raid gear every 3 weeks. Also they said it, I guess I can find the blue post. But I'm lazy.
    Hmmm, so accumulating currency while playing the game so that you can purchase a piece of gear you want was replaced with sending out followers and AFKing so that you can get a random piece once every few weeks that could very well be useless. If that's really how they decided to handle it then that's pretty fucking dumb.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4VxBJ8Xnsc

On the Preach video he compared LFR to Randoom Battlegrounds.
    Something you can queue up without time restrictions and have fun with noobs, pros, casuals all together in on instance.

What he forgot to mention is that Random BG's only award blue PvP gear.
    If you want PvP epics you have to do arenas.

The progression from blues to epics is still present in PvP...why not in PvE?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-10-14 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4VxBJ8Xnsc

On the Preach video he compared LFR to Randoom Battlegrounds.
    Something you can queue up without time restrictions and have fun with noobs, pros, casuals all together in on instance.

What he forgot to mention is that Random BG's only award blue PvP gear.
    If you want PvP epics you have to do arenas.

The progression from blues to epics is still present in PvP...why not in PvE?
    Can't you get conquest through battlegrounds which you can use to buy epics? You can also get conquest and gear from ashran... Which is lfrish. It is still relevant I have always started raiding in blues with a couple epics from heroic... Just like in burning crusade. Lfr isn't available at launch anymore they release the first lfr version of a raid like a month into the expansion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-10-14 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    In my eyes the LFR casuals demanding loot are the true snowflakes.
    Demanding epics in the "charity event" that is LFR is so childish.
    They are basically demanding free epics.

I really think making LFR drop blue heroic gear instead of epics would make the immersion of raiding come back to life and possible make a better game overall.
    But then i see this posts on official frorums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300738195

People demanding even better endgame epics via LFR with threats of unsubscribing the game otherwise.
    I trully can't understand the logic of this people.
    I don't understand the "feeling of acomplishment" in free epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    In my eyes the LFR casuals demanding loot are the true snowflakes.
    Demanding epics in the "charity event" that is LFR is so childish.
    They are basically demanding free epics.

I really think making LFR drop blue heroic gear instead of epics would make the immersion of raiding come back to life and possible make a better game overall.
    But then i see this posts on official frorums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300738195

People demanding even better endgame epics via LFR with threats of unsubscribing the game otherwise.
    Are you delusional?
    No amount of changes will get people to raid normal+
    Free epics are garrison only thing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I forget how much of a raiding echo chamber this site can be when people actually still believe that people aspire to be spartan class raiders.

If you still think that you're almost as out of touch with your fellow players as Blizzard is.

You don't understand because the very concept that people don't have any intentions of going ebyond LFR is apparently a completley foriegn concept to you.

Becaues it makes perfect sense to me. Many people use LFR for it's ease of use. It's what I would be doing if it was on the Mists Model still since my raid Guild is currently hibernating. Instead I get a watered down piece of garbage I have no interest in doing anymore since I got my legendary ring.

I don't feel like bashing my head against the wall with Pugs and their "You must have Heroic cleared for this normal run" Bullshit nonsense. I used LFR because you can just sign up and a machine does the rest. If Final Fantasy can let me do endgame content with random groups why can't WoW?

"Raiding for accomplishment" is not what LFR raiders care about. For the majority of people who do raid it's their endgame. People want to have fun with their endgame. And right now the endgame for LFR is fucking garbage with it giving boring and hideous gear sets with a difficulty that's somehow even more watered down than it was in Mists.

Mists also had the advantage of having funner content to do outside of it's vastly superior LFR as well, so there's that.

The nerf to LFR accomplished nothing but turning an already casually interested playerbase into cancelled subs along with the rest of the subpar bullshit that was this expansion.

And yet you clowns want to somehow make it worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I forget how much of a raiding echo chamber this site can be when people actually still believe that people aspire to be spartan class raiders.
    They don't. It would be, in a cetrain twisted way, nice if they did, but they don't. There is a vague dissatisfaction with amount and quality of guild applications, but otherwise everyone who isn't yet in their precious raiding guilds can just as well go and die somewhere.

You don't understand because the very concept that people don't have any intentions of going ebyond LFR is apparently a completley foriegn concept to you.
    It's not. If it was, LFR loot being a lower-ilvl copy of highter difficulties would be hailed and praised, not lambasted and countered with a competition for the most blatant "compromise". Because then a have-a-taste loot would be clearly seen as an excellent incentive to try harder content so as to get something even better. If Trv Raid0rz truly didn't realize people mostly don't really want to raid seriously, a shared lockout between LFR and higher difficulties would be an incomparably more favoured solution among them than castrating LFR.

Becaues it makes perfect sense to me. Many people use LFR for it's ease of use. It's what I would be doing if it was on the Mists Model still since my raid Guild is currently hibernating. Instead I get a watered down piece of garbage I have no interest in doing anymore since I got my legendary ring.
    But you're not. Possibly you don't play any more. Which is exactly what the stinky snowflakes wished for.

I don't feel like bashing my head against the wall with Pugs and their "You must have Heroic cleared for this normal run" Bullshit nonsense. I used LFR because you can just sign up and a machine does the rest. If Final Fantasy can let me do endgame content with random groups why can't WoW?
    Because FF was written by a very different kind of gamers than WoW. Blizdevs mostly share the stinky snowflake mindset, where it's perfectly ethical to put a metric shitton of time paid by millions in content seen by thousands. Some of them have been made to see the other side of this system - possibly by managers worried about increasing self-consciousness of consumers and especially masses of gamers vs. their profit margins from a product specfically tailored not to suit such masses of customers. And if you read GC's and other's comments you can easily see they didn't like it.

"Raiding for accomplishment" is not what LFR raiders care about.
    Nor does 90% of the raiders, either. Only those actively taking part in World/Realm First races actually care. The guilds with actual fetish for realm rankings do care. Which is to say, a small minority within a small minority. Most of people who raid do it for loot and challenge. To get nice purple pixels for taking part in challenging content. Also, the more given raider is into the challenge and less into various rewards, the less you will hear them whining about casuals ruining the game. You will, however, sometimes meet them in LFR runs, explaining tactics and putting up markers.

The nerf to LFR accomplished nothing but turning an already casually interested playerbase into cancelled subs along with the rest of the subpar bullshit that was this expansion.
    Trv Raid0rz concerned about Game Having Become Too Dumbed Down are perfectly fine with it. If WoW actually sinks, they will be still much happier than if it was at 15M subs thanks to heavy casual focus in development. Because the game they want is not super-popular and fun for everyone. It needs to be fun for them in a way that will make sure it is not fun for most others. Again, if you have any doubts here, compare the outcry for castrating LFR and propositions to give it separate lockout.

And yet you clowns want to somehow make it worse.
    Some men just want to see the world burn. Some other men will not be able to enjoy their escargot pastry without being able to look out the restaurant window and see starving homeless people in the streets.

I think you're "barking up the wrong tree" really. In a sociopath club, talking sense is wasting time.