Deleted

Why does this kind of macro get stuck sometimes?

I have a macro that triggers in a simple sequence of 3 lines of /cast, /cast, /cast, a Racial of 3min, a Cooldown of 1.5min and a cast of filler spell. However, sometimes the Cooldown of 1.5min for example might not trigger while the filler spell does. What might cause it?

I have tried changing the order of them.

- - - Updated - - -

For instance

/cast Berserking(Racial)
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Arcane Blast

- - - Updated - - -

It's mainly puzzling that sometimes it works as expected, sometimes it's not. And I figured it might be something with one of them being on CD but the other not, but that doesn't seem to affect it in most dummy tests.

Spell queueing and being off the gcd. If you macro an instant off-gcd spell before a cast time spell and are spamming a cast time spell, instants do not get queued.

Like if you have a Natures Swiftness + Healing Touch macro and are already spamming Healing Touch, you start spamming your NS+HT macro and itll just keep doing cast time HTs.

You could try using /cqs (cancel queued spell) in there somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Spell queueing and being off the gcd. If you macro an instant off-gcd spell before a cast time spell and are spamming a cast time spell, instants do not get queued.

Like if you have a Natures Swiftness + Healing Touch macro and are already spamming Healing Touch, you start spamming your NS+HT macro and itll just keep doing cast time HTs.

You could try using /cqs (cancel queued spell) in there somewhere.

I would imagine that means, it might be because there is another cast going during hitting the macro? Good idea about the cancelling. It might be all it needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I see the /cancelqueuedspell command is a more esoteric method for keeping the current spell going but not queuing a next during a spam of the command. I guess I might have to test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hrm, the weird behavior persists. If I put /cancelqueuedspell on top of the macro, it appears to keep spamming the filler. However, it does eventually use the CD after 2-3 casts, which makes it even weirder.

- - - Updated - - -

I might just try a total cancel if all else fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, /stopcasting can't be used because it just cancels the filler on a spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, success, it might need the cancelling of queuing both on the end and the start of the macro. Or just on the end basically. I started testing with putting it on the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, putting it at the end seems reliable. I might just keep it on top too in case it catches another queuing rarely.