Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's worse / more rude?

The person driving 5 below the speed limit, or the person tailgating them?

The person tailgating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Tail gating its a maximum not a mandate. Just go around.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both douchebags.

If I HAD to pick one, I'd say the slowpoke, for slowing down the lane.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Tailgating. The person might be driving 5mph below the speed limit solely because they're being tailgated, because that's what drivers ed teaches you do to, slow down when being tailgated.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tailgating

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The tailgating person is both worse and significantly more rude.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

People passing you in a roundabout at full speed, only for you to be stuck tailgating them cause they decide to go slowly after that...
    Slow people suck.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

I'd say both.

The tailgator is an asshole, but the slowpoke is a danger to themselves and everyone around them. I really feel the speed limit system should be reworked.

On the high way, for example, 70 should be the new minimum (within reasonable circumstances) with a set range above it, say 10-15 miles over. Then allowing for strict ticketing/enforcement beyond that.

Slow drivers cause more harm than fast drivers, swerving/lane jumping drivers cause more harm than either of them.

By enforcing a need to be a fast driver (Especially in the fast lane), you lower the dangers of people acting aggressively due to road rage or impatience. Thus lower the amount of swerving/lane jumping, and effectively keeping cars in the same lane for the greater majority of their transit. It really does prevent accidents from even happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    It depends; if I'm on the highway and the limit is 70 I'll usually cruise in the right lane doing 65-68, my tires are currently starting to bald and the car is having some intake issues currently so I refuse to push it just because somebody wants to shave off two or three minutes on their way to wherever- or in the rain, can't stand people tailgating me when I do 60-65 in a torrential downpour.

On a residential or city street if it's 35 or 45 I go at the actual speed limit and don't care for people going 25 or 35 as it just slows everything down and congests traffic, not gonna' rage at people going 5 below however, sometimes people need that extra five mph difference to read signs and figure out where they're going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    The tailgater. Law may permit going slightly under the speed limit. But law prohibits tailgating.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

if the slow person is in the left lane (in the US) they are the asshole, if not the tailgater is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailgating presents a substantially higher risk to both drivers and everyone on the road than driving 5 under. The speed limit is the LIMIT, not the requirement.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    if the slow person is in the left lane (in the US) they are the asshole, if not the tailgater is.
    Yep, that's what I was going to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The slow driver is worse. If they aren't comfortable driving the speed limit then they should either not be driving or they should move over so the people who want to drive the speed limit can go around them. They're causing a problem for everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    If in the fast lane, the slow person is worse. If in the slow lane, the tailgater is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Tailgating presents a substantially higher risk to both drivers and everyone on the road than driving 5 under. The speed limit is the LIMIT, not the requirement.
    Driving 5 miles per hour under the limit causes far more extensive erratic driving behavior behind that driver than a single person tailgating.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    if the slow person is in the left lane (anywhere) they are the asshole, if not the tailgater is.
    Fixed that for you.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I get tailgated I intentionally slam on my breaks to see if they rear end me so I can sue them. Including cops

10+ Year Old Account
    ya id agree on this as well. if you can pass, do it. if you cant, tough titties.

but it does beg the question; who the fuck came up with the max speed system? why has there never been a minimum speed listed?

the max should be implied (but still listed) depending on the type of road. the min should be enforced as strictly as the max cause it is just as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Driving 5 miles per hour under the limit causes far more extensive erratic driving behavior behind that driver than a single person tailgating.
    The only person to correctly blame when an irrational idiot responds to frustration by behaving like a bag of dog shit is the irrational idiot.