Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wallstreet is bitching? who cares

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    lol good point... They also thought the VCR would destroy TV

Anyway they refused to grow into a new model its only fair that those that refuse to grow with the times are left in the dust.

Deleted
    What can I say? It makes me feel good to see my torrents upload. I often check the peer lists for whoever I'm uploading to and when I see that 100% of their download is coming from me, it makes me feel like a better person.
    Also getting over a 100:1 ratio on up/download makes me feel all giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not true, I find using Netflix, Hulu etc more convenient then downloading a torrented media file and playing it on my TV.
    I was more comparing to cable. I use netflix and watch episodes on the network websites myself. Its pretty easy just to go on a streaming site for free and watch whatever isn't on those instead of waiting for a fixed time with cable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet they get really mad if I told them that I once shared a taxi...

Deleted
    Wall Street doesn't get to talk about stealing. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    I bet they get really mad if I told them that I once shared a taxi...
    Damned commie

Deleted
    You know what'S really killing the TV industry? Old age and no sign of it evolving.

Seriously, 9/10 shows on TV these days are udder bull, and if you want something worth watching you have to pay through your nose for special channels. And you are still bound by the airing times, unless, you guessed it, you pay even more.

Streaming sites on the internet these days are easy to use, cheap as hell and offer you the on-demand option you always missed with the TV.

TV needs to go with the times or it'll go the way of the dodo.

i am pretty sure most people cancel HBO soon after GoT is over for the season, thats what i do anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    wanna fix the problem?
    Fucking provide TV a-la-carte service.

Let the people pick the channels they actually really want. for a $1.00 per channel, and you will remain relevant for lot longer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    TV needs to go with the times or it'll go the way of the dodo.
    ^ Really we just need to abolish the entire TV industry and start over with an internet-based media industry: it doesn't mean you can't still have subscription models, but broadcasting over airwaves is so archaic it's almost steampunk.

The future is light, fibreoptics, and internet. Everything that is not the internet is outdated.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Why don't they do what Spotify does.

Litter the free content with Ads.
    Once you pay for it, one login at a time, and it keeps track of which device you're on. Each device will tell you if music is playing on another device.

Then you can share if you want. But when Sally down the street is using your Spotify, you can't.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Wallstreet thinks that if you couldn't borrow someone's Netflix than you would be forced to watch their shit cable.

They couldn't pay me to watch their shitbox. Sorry, I have a life.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2015-10-09 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Millennials are a generations that wants to take everything, and give nothing in return. They are the worst generation in American history.
    Was it millennials using napster in their cribs?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post

You essentially mean what happens to TV content since 50+ yrs already?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Cable is dying because cable is shit. People don't want to pay $100+ every month to get hundreds of channels they will never watch, just for the privilege of watching an endless stream of commercials instead of the few shows they actually want to see.

People are 'stealing' your content because you've made it a pain in the ass to be a legitimate consumer. Adding another layer of buttfuckery isn't going to incentivize them to pay for your shitty service.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post

Once you pay for it, one login at a time, and it keeps track of which device you're on. Each device will tell you if music is playing on another device.

Then you can share if you want. But when Sally down the street is using your Spotify, you can't.
    Why do that when they can litter the paid service with ads

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It has nothing to do with cable being over 100$ a month and Hulu costing 7$.
    This. Cable companies, the RIAA, and MPAA are fighting a losing war against digital media and they know it, which is why they've been even more aggressive than usual since the mid-2000s.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was it millennials using napster in their cribs?
    Yes, didn't you hear the internet was invented in the mid 90s?