Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Necromancer and Assassin first plz
    Druids currently have the most "unique" mechanics that blizzard can implement. Witch Doctor is extremely close to the Necromancer, and Assassin is essentially a melee demon hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Assassin is essentially a melee demon hunter.
    Which will be a thing in 2.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Which will be a thing in 2.4.
    Really hope they reveal AT LEAST some info about 2.4, the Shadow Mantle (Melee DH) rework and the Akkhan rebuild. If we're not getting an expac reveal the least they can do is tease some of the next season stuff.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the sets were already updated at the beginning of September (Q&A) so if there's no expansion announcement there should be plenty of info about 2.4

Deleted
    "BlizzCon 2015 Schedule
    The Blizzcon schedule hasn't been officially announced yet, but it doesn't appear to have the previously mentioned Engineering panel. "

10+ Year Old Account
    For people asking for D4, question - Why?

In D1, you more or less had one single protaganist. Story-wise, you go in, kill Diablo, seal him in the Soulstone, and carry him around with you, becoming the Dark Wanderer. (The Warrior is the canonical hero, being the eldest son of Leoric, Aiden. Hellfire isn't really considered to be canonical, and was not produced by Blizzard

In D2, you had multiple heroes. Story-wise, this happens not too long after D1. The heroes go around, killing Diablo, Mephisto, Andariel, and Duriel. The events from Diablo 2 continued into D2, Lord of Destruction, where you kill Baal. Finally, the heroes disappear into the annals of history, leaving all but two demon lords sealed.

Finally, D3. 100% multiple Nephalem, at least having the Demon Hunter, Crusader, and Wizard. Occurs around 20 years after D2 (Mostly based on Cain, and the fact that Aidan is Leah's father). The Nephalem find Tyrael, seal Belial/Azmodan, seal the psuedo-Prime Evil, killed Maltheal, who was empowered with both the power of the 7 great evils, AND of that of a huge number of human souls. After that, we get some ominous forshadowing - The angels are fearful of the Nephalem, and Diablo, the psuedo-Prime Evil is back. Unlike D2, no ominous forshadowing there, nope.

Now, we have 2 different plot lines to follow here - Diablo version 2, and Angels. We have also had some datamined conversation/book lines pointing to the Skovos Isles. Now, Skovos Isles COULD easily be 2.4 content, or whatever, but Diablo version 2/Angels is definetly expansion material. We also have lesser plotlines, such as Inarius and Lilith

So the question becomes - Do we want a D4 that uses the same heroes (Diablo is out there, and the Angels do not fear mankind in general, but a specific Nephalem, so chances are D4 would re-use the heroes from D3, as well as loose ends from D4), OR do we want D3 to finish up the plotlines and have a fresh new set of heroes?

Heres my idea for D4 - Nephalems slew/enslaved Diablo, and coerced the Heavens, creating a unified Santuary/Heavens/Hell, akin to what Inarius wanted in his original creation of Sanctuary. Nephalems are pretty much unaging with their powers unlocked, so they create a united council, consisting of whats left of the Angiris Council, whatever major powers of hell show up, and the Nephalems themselves, leading into a long time of uneasy peace. And then we get a planar invasion from a different plane, and can start with new aspiring heroes under the Nephalem's command. Stuff like that. Expansion of the Diablo universe rather then tying it all up into a package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It's not "unlikely", the schedules are subject to change, some things we know of aren't on there, and we know they always make a big announcement in the opening ceremony. Reaper is a year and a half old, and it's absolutely time for them to announce the new xpac that we know is coming or at least considered.

If they don't announce it, I'll be very surprised, but the current Blizzcon schedule is not indicative one way or another of whether they're announcing a D3 xpac.

Isn't it also so that stuff they announce during the opening ceremony isn't added on the pre release version of the schedule or with very generic names so that the announcement atleast stays semi hidden. I remember then doing that last time also with the overwatch announcement.

Deleted
    The fact that there is so little time in the initial schedule for Diablo 3 makes me feel the opposite, that there will be a big announcement such as an expansion, as they never give these sort of things away in advance. They always leave space for additional things relating to big announcements, which they wouldn't show in the initial schedule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Oh, I played both and I enjoyed both. I didn't keep playing them for long, though, so I never had a chance to burn out.
    What? ooh. yeah man i played Zelda. You know. I didnt really make it past the kokiri village. But man did i play Zelda

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Clearly this guy has never played D1 or D2......
    Oh he has. However he's simply not blinded by the fact that we're in 2015. It's not 2000.
    Let's not even talk about the aspects that kept you playing back in the days, compared to today. Removed streaming and Diablo 3 would've been dead. It's mostly people watching a bunch of streamers compete for the ladder. Back then it was filled with people that .. actually wanted to play the game.

Let's not ignore the fact that we had trading, something keeping the game alive. Nowadays it's just a "New" patch that releases shit that should've been in the expansion.

What they're doing now is releasing the game, but only giving us portions of the expansion over time and pretending it's actually "Extra" content. And it's not. Because adding 2-3 legendaries that are so "Unique". New bracers with dmg reduction for all classes, is NOT content. And the Cube? Really? It should've been there with the release of the expansion.

And that's not only it. Just don't forget it. We're in 2015. Even looking 5 years back, things changed. It's easier now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Oh he has. However he's simply not blinded by the fact that we're in 2015. It's not 2000.
    Let's not even talk about the aspects that kept you playing back in the days, compared to today. Removed streaming and Diablo 3 would've been dead. It's mostly people watching a bunch of streamers compete for the ladder. Back then it was filled with people that .. actually wanted to play the game.

Let's not ignore the fact that we had trading, something keeping the game alive. Nowadays it's just a "New" patch that releases shit that should've been in the expansion.

What they're doing now is releasing the game, but only giving us portions of the expansion over time and pretending it's actually "Extra" content. And it's not. Because adding 2-3 legendaries that are so "Unique". New bracers with dmg reduction for all classes, is NOT content. And the Cube? Really? It should've been there with the release of the expansion.

And that's not only it. Just don't forget it. We're in 2015. Even looking 5 years back, things changed. It's easier now.
    Maybe you should try talking for yourself and not everyone else.

I watch streams a lot. But Diablo 3 is something i would absolutely never stream. I play the game sometimes with friends. We have a month maybe two after each new season where we play a lot and then stop playing till next season.

Trading is fine imo. You can trade between the people you play with and its working out fine.

Once again speak for yourself next time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post

D2 Ladder was annoying cause the ladder reset would wipe characters. D3 Seasons is what D2 Ladders could've been. Character switched over to normal, a chance to restart with new items to play with, rather than it being 'Normal without shared stash and Paragon exp'.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... I was holding out hope but... Fucking DAMN.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That would suck, I'd love an expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Diablo is non-existent at this years blizzcon with only a hour of "Dev-talk", i wouldn't expect anything, if there is something it would most likely a patch and not a xpac
    Yeah, looks like there isnt even a floor space for D3 either.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2015-10-14 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't announce a expansion now will lead me to believe they are either working on Diablo 4 or are not going to really bother with the franchise for the next couple years and would only release incremental updates for a while.

At this point, i've lost hope too.

Two options:
    - expack for d3 is set to be released in the future, as it's highly unluikely (not to say impossible) that they're working on D4. Blizzard is not Activision and all games have a very long lifespan; yes, everything can change but i don't see them just dropping D3 right now.
    - expack concept is scarpped, and they plan to release updates/patches with new content over time. It may be new zones, a new act, a new class, whatever. If it's the case, it would be fine since we get the same content just over time instead of a big package,.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    At this point, i've lost hope too.

Two options:
    - expack for d3 is set to be released in the future, as it's highly unluikely (not to say impossible) that they're working on D4. Blizzard is not Activision and all games have a very long lifespan; yes, everything can change but i don't see them just dropping D3 right now.
    - expack concept is scarpped, and they plan to release updates/patches with new content over time. It may be new zones, a new act, a new class, whatever. If it's the case, it would be fine since we get the same content just over time instead of a big package,.
    just that option two makes them no money
    there's no point in providing free updates for this long as a game company, they need to make money

the best way for them to make money is expansions, so either we get one announced here at blizzcon or one announced at some other time, but it's 100% sure that we WILL get another expansion at some point