Deleted

Shadow in pvp: prime target, always dies first.

I absolutely hate playing shadow in pvp. Not because the class isnt fun, but because you are the first one that gets targeted every single time.

If you would be targetted as lets say a Warlock, you have no problem surviving it. As a Spriest though, you die right after dispersion ends

I hope that Legion gives spriests some practical survivability.

Except in arena where you're nearly always the kill target, I'm barely being trained in random battlegrounds. Just play at max range and use guise when you feel some melee is going to connect you. Fade glyph, 9-sec dispersion and VE can help to survive, it also depends on how much orbs you have. Silence + 3-orb horror can help surviving giving free healing cast time. Now if you have 2+ melees, you're just dying like any other caster.

That's what I like when I'm in the mood of playing shadow : the glass-cannon feeling we have. Surviving is way harder that dealing damage and that is what makes the spec fun to me. We're not meant to be tanks, and I wouldn't like to have passive survivability. This is what makes the difference between an average shadowpriest and a better one.

I like shadow in random bgs. I've stacked the shit out of crit with the Blast glyph and that helps a lot vs the endless legion of melee rerollers. I top damage basically every bg and feel like I have decent escapability. That's against random idiots, though.

It's less fun against decent players. We really do need more survivability - which doesn't necessarily mean passive survivability as Philomene interpreted. Just better tools to defend ourselves, especially vs melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I top damage basically every bg
    All SPs can do this thanks to cascade .

I would like to see their survivability given a boost. If you want a break from the melee train, go do some Ahsran (preferably queue for a premade). With the book that drops from rares, you can just literally fly away whenever you get focused.

I only have trouble with good rogues and feral druids in pvp 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    All SPs can do this thanks to cascade
    Not all Spriests, trust me. You still have to know what you're doing. But yeah, Cascade spam for top damages, not super complex.

Better using cascade not on CD but while ToF or intel proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Better using cascade not on CD but while ToF or intel proc.
    Positioning is a huge factor for cascade. I always lol a little when I'm in touching distance of another priest and they cascade onto me.

10+ Year Old Account
    People going on about random, and at times even Rated BGs, yea, you aren't gonna be targeted and can pretty much free cast with impunity as the majority of mouthbreathers won't even look at you, as they will be too busy tunneling whatevers in front of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I absolutely hate playing shadow in pvp. Not because the class isnt fun, but because you are the first one that gets targeted every single time.

If you would be targetted as lets say a Warlock, you have no problem surviving it. As a Spriest though, you die right after dispersion ends

I hope that Legion gives spriests some practical survivability.
    I think people target Shadow Priests because of the ease of identifying what class and spec you are. Your purple and shadowy figure is too much to resist.

I hate that shadow priest is great in everything EXCEPT 2s when pretty much all I do is 2s...so I've been forced to play disc in arena and this expansion has just sucked lol.

Deleted
    Gave up spriest in 2v2 long time ago. Its by far the most funniest specc out there, but its just, kinda, impossible to do something when everyone play a double DPS and you get burned after dispersion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Gave up spriest in 2v2 long time ago. Its by far the most funniest specc out there, but its just, kinda, impossible to do something when everyone play a double DPS and you get burned after dispersion.
    Agreed. Shadow playstyle is really fun, but not fun enough to outweight the sheer depression that comes from being trained 24/7.

Upset that your class is so good at pvp that it ends up as #1 on the kill priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    Upset that your class is so good at pvp that it ends up as #1 on the kill priority?

Shadow has 1 comp....

Due to poor defensives meaning you need mage babysitting...

Shadow is being carried by mage, not like mage couldn't play with rogue or even warlock.

If you're trained and targeted the overwhelming majority of the time in BGs or Rbgs and rendered useless, you're doing something wrong. Arena is a completely different story, especially 2's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Shadow is being carried by mage, not like mage couldn't play with rogue or even warlock.
    That's not the reason why Shadow is the #1 target in 2's.

Deleted
    Spriests have insane burst especially when you get a lot of swp's rolling, you can just pool dps into a target until it falls over.

Not to mention you can get them low and use cascade and kill them with that aswell lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If you're trained and targeted the overwhelming majority of the time in BGs or Rbgs and rendered useless, you're doing something wrong. Arena is a completely different story, especially 2's.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not the reason why Shadow is the #1 target in 2's.
    Didn't say it was the reason. The reason why people just train shadow in twos is just because we are easy to train. Melee mobility has gone out of control through the years just to fit mage/hunter abilities, screwing classes that can't survive through damage, CC or mobility (basically includes elemental and spriest). Another issue is fear which has always been a poor defensive CC against melees. Warriors, DKs, monks can just ignore this CC and by the time you recover it you're almost dead.