Deleted

Is Immigration the real issue in UK?

In my opinion, if United Kingdom turns not so united after when it leaves the EU, it still does not solve the immigration problem.
    Asylum Seekers will still be accepted from war-torn countries, then there is the illegal trade of immigrants, fake marriages etc etc.
    If all of my points will add up, then slowly but surely the immigrant population in United Kingdom will increase even with tight border controls and after UK leaves the EU.

Eastern migrants who migrate to UK are a benefit to the economy, so what is the all fuss about?
    I understand the common problem of immigration, higher queue list in the NHS, no places in schools, though isn't the government's job to increase schools, employ more NHS stuff so that there is no pressure at the end of the day?. Britain as an island is quite Big, surely it can fit more people.

In conclusion I would like to say that I think British people are not afraid of immigration in general but they are afraid what kind of migrants come here i.e Criminals, terrorists, who wish not to work, but to cheat the system (benefits, frauds) etc and also they are afraid on acting on it, because the media and the left will call you a racist.

/ Thoughts?

Deleted
    The U.K. Takes almost no asylum seekers...

About half of our immigration is intra-EU, the other half is granted permission to come due to skills shortages.

Most people complaining about immigration can't point to any concrete facts. They've just bought into the UKIP/EDL/BNP hype and the Tory 'strivers vs skivers' trope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    The U.K. Takes almost no asylum seekers...

About half of our immigration is intra-EU, the other half is granted permission to come due to skills shortages.
    for me "almost no asylum seekers" mean around 20 asylum seekers, which is just absurd that you stated that. They accept around 2k-10k yearly (rough figures)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindedElF View Post
    for me "almost no asylum seekers" mean around 20 asylum seekers, which is just absurd that you stated that. They accept around 2k-10k yearly (rough figures)
    10k asylum seekers as a part of the total 600-800k immigrants we take a year is as good as nonexistent.

In my opinion, if United Kingdom turns not so united after when it leaves the EU, it still does not solve the immigration problem.
    Asylum Seekers will still be accepted from war-torn countries, then there is the illegal trade of immigrants, fake marriages etc etc.
    If all of my points will add up, then slowly but surely the immigrant population in United Kingdom will increase even with tight border controls and after UK leaves the EU.

Eastern migrants who migrate to UK are a benefit to the economy, so what is the all fuss about?
    I understand the common problem of immigration, higher queue list in the NHS, no places in schools, though isn't the government's job to increase schools, employ more NHS stuff so that there is no pressure at the end of the day?. Britain as an island is quite Big, surely it can fit more people.

In conclusion I would like to say that I think British people are not afraid of immigration in general but they are afraid what kind of migrants come here i.e Criminals, terrorists, who wish not to work, but to cheat the system (benefits, frauds) etc and also they are afraid on acting on it, because the media and the left will call you a racist.

/ Thoughts?
    its called karma - if UK didnt conquer certain % of world in 18-19 centuries and didnt set colonies all over the world you wuldnt have as much emmigrants as you do now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    10k asylum seekers as a part of the total 600-800k immigrants we take a year is as good as nonexistent.
    "slowly will add up if UK leaves the EU"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Total UK population: ~65 million
    Total immigration / year: 630.000
    Total emigration / year: 300.000
    Total yearly UK population growth: 500.000

Draw your own conclusion wether it's a pressing matter or not.

The number is not nearly as important as or wether or not enough is done to make sure the new immigrants get integrated into society.
    Conservative governments tend to give the middle finger to spending resources on that, so they end up encouraging the creation of ghettos... so next elections they can point the finger to an immigration problem, and then make things even worse once they're elected once more.
    Well Emigration means how many people are leaving the UK and How many are staying permanently in the UK, total growth yearly from your figures show 330.000 yearly growth, which is still high, It would not be an issue with UK only accepted immigrants that show zero criminal record and are educated enough to start Work, after that the emigration will increase, as immigrants would purchase houses in their origin countries etc, since it is cheaper as there is less demand.

I think when everyone signed on to that refugee agreement after WWII, they were thinking white-European-types. Take in Polish refugees? Sure.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As the greatest colonial power in modern history, having established ties with countries all over the world that they exploited severely in some cases for centuries, if there is a country in the world that faces a moral imperative to accept refuges, it is the UK.
    Moral imperatives based on what we did a century ago aren't really taken into consideration when dealing with modern politics, i.e. we don't give a toss.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it most certainly is not about things done a century ago. Hong Kong stopped being a colony 18 years ago.
    We built Hong Kong into one of the finance centres of the world, they're hardly a good example of imperial expolitation - they're who we cite to pretend we weren't complete bastards.

Deleted
    But it most certainly is not about things done a century ago. Hong Kong stopped being a colony 18 years ago.
    Although Hong Long remained a colony because it wanted to be one. We gave it away to China against the wishes of the people living there.

Nations have been able to leave the commonwealth without issues for a long time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Race View Post
    The UK (England) was founded by immigrants - the Anglo Saxons.

I see people who have Anglo Saxon, Viking and Norman ancestry as immigrants in the UK.

I am pure British - Celtic.

Unfortunately, my peoples have been pushed to the remote parts of Ireland and Scotland nowadays.

Celtic are as 'white' and 'pure' as you can get a white person.

None of this mixed 'white' American slushy mix of impurities .
    Celts weren't an ethnic group. Celts were spread over Europe form Spain to Turkey.

They had cultural and linguistic overlaps but weren't homogeneous at all - more people bound by trade.

They invaded Rome in 400BC and only invaded the British Isles about 100 years before that.

So 'Celts' are immigrants too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Race View Post
    I am pure British - Celtic.
    I highly doubt that, the Celts have been breeding with non-Celts for two thousand years and unless your family was isolated somewhere for that entire time, then you aren't 'pure' anything.

There are no 'pure' British in Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, Isle of Man, or anywhere within the British Isles, it's a bullshit fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think it's more the lack of integration when they get here as opposed to them coming, to the point where they create ghettos.

And how the native population is treated when they express opinions on said matter.

It better be, the uk is long over due for a major civil war.

Deleted
    As an Polish immigrant myself I can admit it is only a problem if you come here without knowing the language.
    If you come here to work, pay your income tax/NI contribution, adhere to british law and way of thinking then you're just as much of a briton as anyone else.

Deleted
    I'm very suspicous of your comment about being called a racist. If someone called me a racist I wouldn't care because I know I'm not one, and even if I was I don't give a shit what other people think.

You obviously do care which makes me think you are a racist or one of those people who spend all their time worrying about what other people think of them (a tip: no one thinks about you much at all). Or you are some kind of in-the-closet racist.

Immigration isn't even close to an issue. It's a smokescreen thrown up by politicians.
    The state of employment, education, healthcare, taxation, etc in our country has nothing to do with immigrants.