Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is there a Pet Battles addon nowadays that is on par with "Master Plan"?

I haven't touched Pet Battles in nearly 1.5-2 years so I wonder what the Zeitgeist is nowadays on addons and automation. Do people just read wowhead comments still for optimal battle setups? Or is there an addon now that can just suggest an optimal setup (possibly with some move suggestions) and get done with it?

I would imagine it's possible since the gametype is not very dynamic. The fight is presented and the addon system can see the opponents. Therefore it can setup a whole script of possibilities.

Main difficulty I can think of is the extensive list of pet combinations.

For pve pet battles you can just check wowhead, it's super easy. For pvp some luck and skill is needed. I don't think any addons exist that can do what you want. You're basically requesting a bot

I downloaded the addons pet battle teams to make set teams, battle pet breed id to see why types they are, and I think pet journal enhanced because it adds a tab for pve rivals so you know what team you beat them with, and then refer to wowhead for best types of pets to use in each battle.

I use Pet Battle Teams addon. You can make teams and name them based on what they are for. The teams keep the moves you set it's really handy.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    pet journal enhanced because it adds a tab for pve rivals

Ah, that sounds interesting.

I don't "request a bot" by the way. I ask if the gametype has been facerolled with addons like Missions have with Master Plan. It would be unfair to play against those players without that kind of public addon since they would have an advantage.

I know about coding and I understand this would be possible for this. It would just be complex because of the combinations. It is in principle exactly the same philosophy with designing Master Plan for Missions.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-11 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    get Rematch probably the best addon for pet battles

Deleted
    Get PetBattleTeams, PetJournalEnhanced and PokemonTrainer.
    If you want to use keyboard for fights instead of mouse get also BattlePetBinds.

Otherwise no, there is no addon like masterplan for petbattles cause for them you still need a brain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be fair, asking for an addon that is on par with Master Plan is pretty close to asking for a bot

I'm not asking for it. I'm asking if there is one. In effect it's the main reason that makes the Missions pointless, they can be effectively auto-played.

And don't be alarmed if this gets into pet battles. It's more complex to code. But it's in principle exactly the same thing.

It only needs a smart coder with a lot of work to make something that pretty much plays 80% of the mini game.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I haven't touched Pet Battles in nearly 1.5-2 years so I wonder what the Zeitgeist is nowadays on addons and automation. Do people just read wowhead comments still for optimal battle setups? Or is there an addon now that can just suggest an optimal setup (possibly with some move suggestions) and get done with it?

I would imagine it's possible since the gametype is not very dynamic. The fight is presented and the addon system can see the opponents. Therefore it can setup a whole script of possibilities.

Main difficulty I can think of is the extensive list of pet combinations.
    Do you make any posts that aren't flame bait or looks down on some activity you don't like?
    You have already posted in the past that you dislike pet battles so why post something here that clearly is condisending?
    In your opinion pet battles is so easy it should be fully automated by now right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Get PetBattleTeams, PetJournalEnhanced and PokemonTrainer.
    If you want to use keyboard for fights instead of mouse get also BattlePetBinds.

Otherwise no, there is no addon like masterplan for petbattles cause for them you still need a brain
    But he thinks pet battles don't need a brain to do and is taking a jab at pet battles here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Do you make any posts that aren't flame bait

I challenge anyone to compare our histories and see the irony in the above.

Also you make no sense at all here. I'm genuinely interested in this. So if you have nothing on topic to say, at least say something nice and true.

Deleted
    I'm using PetTracker. It comes with some modules, but I only activate PetTracker + PetTracker_Breeds.
    It adds the pet breed to the journal and also displays the cooldowns of the enemy pets which is quite handy.

Some time ago I had another addon which let you save group of pets, but can't remember the name of it.

I challenge anyone to compare our histories and see the irony in the above.

Also you make no sense at all here. I'm genuinely interested in this. So if you have nothing on topic to say, at least say something nice and true.
    Really, really?
    You are either asking for a bot which is illegal in game and on these forums.
    Or you are putting down pet battling.
    Think it is that easy as to compare it to garrison missions.
    Last I checked garrison mission even without master plan took putting one to three followers in a mission and pushing one button.
    Pet battles are not like that at all.
    You even admit haven't touched it in nearly 2 years so basically almost since they came out.
    Who are you kidding here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Who are you kidding here?

Less judging, more playing please. You seem to constantly accuse users of the forum of hypocrisy, lies and deceit. Have you thought of the possibility they change their mind, they might have complex thoughts, or they might not have made up their mind?

Less judging, more playing please. You seem to constantly accuse users of the forum of hypocrisy, lies and deceit. Have you thought of the possibility they change their mind, they might have complex thoughts, or they might not have made up their mind?
    What?
    You like to cut and paste to twist things I have noticed.
    Didn't answer the main question anyway.
    Do you want a bot which is illegal or are you putting down pet battling again as something so easy, yet need a bot to do it?
    And you won't answer it either you will just make another flame thread or post like usual.
    Let's see you will bash pet battling, lfr and casuals did I miss anything else?

Deleted
    Rematch is my recommendation here as well. Combine it with http://wow-petguide.com (yes, shameless self-advertisement :P) and you can pretty much faceroll the PvE content. It won't become as lol as garrison missions simply because pet battles are way more complex, in comparison.

Rematch! It does so much more than saving teams for specific trainers, you can add all your lower than level 25 pets into a "leveling queue", save teams with a leveling slot, and rematch will automatically change pets in the leveling slot as you level them, saves a LOT of time. I also use addon called stablemaster healer, which will automatically heal your pets when you click on a stablemaster (except for hunters), no need to manually click on the chit-chat bubble.

Regards your original question: pet battle is not always about strong pet vs. weak pet and then hit it till it dies. With 730+ pets in the game (okay, many of them are just recolors, but still, there are many many unique), I doubt any addon could create 100% working teams on it's own. So if anything, the addon must be a manual thing. SOMEONE collects the info, creates the addon that presents you those teams/strategies. But that requires insane work (again, 730+ pet), huge maintenance, as with new pets, some old battles become faceroll (Graves). Not to mention that Blizz sometimes tinkers with pve pet battles, so what works in a build won't work in a later build anymore. Again: huge maintenance time.
    But let's say someone creates such an addon, and you click on the trainer, and the addon suggests you 3 pets that you don't even own, or you have them, but they are level 1? Not much of a help. That is why lurking wowhead or other sources will be always better.
    Last edited by Lei; 2015-10-13 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    With 730+ pets in the game (okay, many of them are just recolors, but still, there are many many unique), I doubt any addon could create 100% working teams on it's own. So if anything, the addon must be a manual thing.

It is complex. However, some automation can be done. For example, I could code an addon that determines from the type of abilities and race, what races and abilities could be chosen to counter them.

For instance "suggesting these 100 pets because they have abilities that counter 60% of the criteria set" etc. [1]

It would be a sort of mix between player choice and suggestions by the addon.

[1] This assumes that the criteria could be user configurable, e.g. "ignore pet race" or "give higher weight on killing the first pet" etc.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-13 at 04:23 PM.

It is complex. However, some automation can be done. For example, I could code an addon that determines from the type of abilities and race, what races and abilities could be chosen to counter them.

For instance "suggesting these 100 pets because they have abilities that counter 60% of the criteria set" etc. [1]

It would be a sort of mix between player choice and suggestions by the addon.

[1] This assumes that the criteria could be user configurable, e.g. "ignore pet race" or "give higher weight on killing the first pet" etc.
    How would you code a stun team (Yu'la on the tournament soloed by a Pandaren Monk?)? A howlbomb team (Niuzao on tournament)? When to use immunities/dodges/burrows? An anti stun team with Weather effect? Pet swap strategies (Wrathion on the tournament), synergy between your pets in general? Like I said it's a bit more complicated, luckily.

Edit, but hey, if you can actually do it, be my guest. Let me know when it's out
    Last edited by Lei; 2015-10-13 at 04:57 PM.

There is an addon called Rematch which will load the last team you used against a given NPC.
    There are also others I think that you can manually load/create teams.
    I think that is about the nearest you can get, unless they are entirely scripted and predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is an addon called Rematch which will load the last team you used against a given NPC.

That sounds cool.