Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Florida Man Glues Woman's Eye Shut

I've never posted a "Florida man" thread.

Until now:

http://fox59.com/2015/10/09/florida-...and-eye-drops/

Florida woman’s eye glued shut after mix-up involving super glue and eye drops

LANTANA, Fla. (Oct. 9, 2015) — A Florida woman’s eye was glued shut after someone accidentally poured glue into her eye instead of eye drops, instantly gluing her eye shut.

Katherine Gaydos told WPBF a man was using a leaf blower and blew debris into her eye. She asked the man to reach in her purse and get Visine, but the man accidentally grabbed glue for applying false fingernails and poured the chemical into her eye.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's one hell of a mistake.

Omg that's hilarious. Bahahahah
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    God damn it Florida Man.
    God damn it.

Deleted
    This is why you always look twice before sticking something in your eye. Darwin had a few ideas about people that do this.. Then again, pretty cool we can fix this sorta thing nowadays..

Summary: medical science rocks.

I saw this the other day, I use eye drops frequently and have no idea how this mistake can be made, I even used to live there. I miss the nice weather, but not the people.

I can kind of see it happening, if alcohol was involved.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

For reference the first picture is of a typical eye dropper and the second is nail glue. Was he just completely oblivious to the world to not see the "nail glue" on the bottle? Edit: and not even that, I don't use either but wouldn't the eye drops be mostly water and the glue be very sticky/viscous or whatever the word for thick liquids is?

Last edited by Talby; 2015-10-10 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I use eye drops frequently and have no idea how this mistake can be made
    I'm guessing it went something like this: "QUICKLY grab the eye drops from my bag! What's taking you so long!? Go on, put them in my eyes, I can't see and it hurts like hell!" and the guy with the leaf blower was too pre-occupied or panicked to check what was in the bottle.

Well other week we heard about how brave the woman was who put drain cleaner in her eyes due to body identity integrity disorder

Goddamn, the stupidity coming out of Flori-duh never ceases to amaze me.

Read Florida Man! Read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    For reference the first picture is of a typical eye dropper and the second is nail glue. Was he just completely oblivious to the world to not see the "nail glue" on the bottle? Edit: and not even that, I don't use either but wouldn't the eye drops be mostly water and the glue be very sticky/viscous or whatever the word for thick liquids is?
    Well as Butler Log said it's likely the Woman went hysterical after the stuff got in her eye and was demanding the already panicking dude to just drop the drops in her eye. Plus it's not like the guy knew what she had in her purse and just grabbed the first clear bottle he saw.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm guessing it went something like this: "QUICKLY grab the eye drops from my bag! What's taking you so long!? Go on, put them in my eyes, I can't see and it hurts like hell!" and the guy with the leaf blower was too pre-occupied or panicked to check what was in the bottle.
    This article is different from the one I saw reported the other day. Obviously us men need to better educate ourselves on nail glue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Read Florida Man! Read!
    He never does. We tried to teach him last time when there were signs plastered aroudn don't swim gators.

fucking florida man

And with a topic like this we ofc need :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-lA-S9qkA

God damn it Florida Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    This article is different from the one I saw reported the other day. Obviously us men need to better educate ourselves on nail glue.
    Only if you live in Florida and drink the water in florida.

Excellent vid about the origins of Florida Man:

Florida Man, Florida Man
    Does whatever a fucked up Man can.