Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Like(s): The vast open spaces, the true scale of this country. It's rugged pioneer history, its wild and diverse stories and many unique cultures. It is a land of true majesty unlike many others in scope, richness and is a place of relative peace and tranquility.

Dislike(s): I fear its future is in jeopardy. The constitution is cracking as the faulty mechanics of checks and balances becomes apparent, divided electoral mandates, general political corruption and a over all decline in national spirit and will makes me fear for its over all future.
    Love this, could not say it any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Don't make me explain the joke and you got like half of prussia.
    Which we had then and now again multiple times throughout history, including at the start of our statehood and is like 1/5th of our territory and 1/10th of the territory the Russians took instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Which we had then and now again multiple times throughout history, including at the start of our statehood and is like 1/5th of our territory and 1/10th of the territory the Russians took instead.
    I feared that you would take it too serious.

America is not a democracy anymore.

It is a Corporate Oligarchy.

Christians are fighting hard to make it a Theocratic Corporate Oligarchy.

Our entire government is corrupt.

Congress should have to wear sponsor patches on their clothes its so bad.

The people's vote does not matter unless it can turn a profit, regardless how fucked up stuff gets.

If i make it another 25 years, its only because i moved to colorado and injected all the marijuanas for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I feared that you would take it too serious.
    I honestly don't see the joke.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Like(s): The vast open spaces, the true scale of this country. It's rugged pioneer history, its wild and diverse stories and many unique cultures. It is a land of true majesty unlike many others in scope, richness and is a place of relative peace and tranquility.

Dislike(s): I fear its future is in jeopardy. The constitution is cracking as the faulty mechanics of checks and balances becomes apparent, divided electoral mandates, general political corruption and a over all decline in national spirit and will makes me fear for its over all future.
    This could be said for Brazil.

Are you talking about Brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by Emageht Tsoluoy View Post
    Christians are fighting hard to make it a Theocratic Corporate Oligarchy.
    How would that even work? Oo You push the "corporations are people" idea to the extreme, then make one of the corporations the pope? oO

Deleted
    About the UK:

Likes: I like that it remains a thoroughly liberal country, in all senses of the word (although the "Liberal" party is an endangered species).

Dislikes: I dislike that it is devolving into "little England", with Scots on the way out, anti-immigrant sentiment rising and hostility to the European union.

How would that even work? Oo You push the "corporations are people" idea to the extreme, then make one of the corporations the pope? oO
    No, they are using their political influence as religious entit(ies) to physically populate the areas of government that can change the laws of the nation to those they deem are acceptable by their standards.

Think the "Quiverfull Movement" but for politics, their goal is to control all of the government for the greater good of the nation's collective souls.

Since congressional seats are pretty much permanent for all intents and purposes, it has been working rather well to the point that christianity is extremely forefront in every single political event in the nation, from local municipal positions to the office of the president.

Nearly all media is biased towards "christian values" to the point where it is poisoning the healthcare system, discriminatory practices, and regressing women's right back 50 years.

So, they do not care if their overlords are corporate sponsors, as long as they get to peddle their batshittery agendas on everyone in the nation, they will write any laws that Apple, Coke-Cola, and Google tell them to.

like - variations in nature as well as cities, individual people, accessibility of all things all the while still having ability to find a relatively private spot for yourself to live in.
    dislike. political system, and this all or nothing attitude towards everything. its like... there are no shades of gray when it comes to anything. you are either with us, or against us, there's no in between.

Deleted
    Once I discover positive aspects of Poland, I'll let you know. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you though.
    Well Poland were the first country to refuse to comply with SOPA, they went all "WTF is this shit?" and threw it out. Meanwhile, everyone else were oblivious or covering it up so it wouldn't be noticed.

The current state of politics at a point where "five years ago" and "five Prime Ministers ago" means the same thing, the fact that some of these politicians are trying or have made legislation based on ideals when facts show their approach to certain topics are among the least effective, the heat, the bugs, the aggressive wildlife.

Those are things I dislike, btw.

Things I like are how friendly most normal people are, how most people- at least, in my state- are capable of stating their opinions without it sounding like an attack, and how people are generally respectful- again, in my state. The news from the eastern states makes it sound like most of us are racist or something, but since I don't live there it'd be unfair to colour the entire population, or even a majority, in such a light.

Oh, that's another thing I dislike; biased media claiming the public broadcaster is biased when it's sometimes the only outlet reporting on the viewpoint Murdoch and his cronies are trying to repress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Things I like are how friendly most normal people are, how most people- at least, in my state- are capable of stating their opinions without it sounding like an attack, and how people are generally respectful- again, in my state. The news from the eastern states makes it sound like most of us are racist or something, but since I don't live there it'd be unfair to colour the entire population, or even a majority, in such a light.
    Depends on the suburb/region as you'd expect, but for the most part each state is mostly only separated by pace of life. I'm a QLDer though, so I'm probably in more of a similar state to you assuming that you are either in WA or SA. NSW and VIC are more interesting beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like: I actually like most of the things.

Dislike: I really dislike our climate.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Country: United States

Like: I like that we are free from oppression, that for the most part we are free to pursue our dreams and goals, we have reasonably good constitutional protections and for the most part, again, if you work hard you'll be rewarded.

Hate: That our media is profit-based. As Aaron Sorkin said vis a vis Newsroom, paraphrasing, when the government decided to sell off the radio and television channels, their biggest mistake was not requiring each station to run 1 full hour of news, commercial free.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Depends on the suburb/region as you'd expect, but for the most part each state is mostly only separated by pace of life. I'm a QLDer though, so I'm probably in more of a similar state to you assuming that you are either in WA or SA. NSW and VIC are more interesting beasts.
    South Australia tis correct. I think I'm legally obligated to mock Victorians but Sydney is just, damn.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    This could be said for Brazil.

Are you talking about Brazil?
    Brazil? I wish..... I'm not sexy enough to be Brazilian. D:

I'm from the United States of Not as Attractive as Brazilians. D:

Crime, but that can happen anywhere, so I'd have to say nothing really. America is great. Don't think I would ever want to live elsewhere, and if I did, probably Australia, since it's quite similar.

7+ Year Old Account

Likes: Privileged to live in the 4th best country in the world (based on GDP per capita, Social support, Generosity, Corruption level, Life expectancy and Freedom of making choices, etc.) Democracy, healthcare, education and job oppertunities, cultural exchanges, very low crime rates, economic and social status, events and organisations.

Dislike: People who don't integrate sufficiently, very low prison sentences, bureaucracy takes it's time, we barely have snow in the winter.

Dislikes: Much of what it is becoming.

Referring to the UK as a whole.