Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    the problem is we've all tried talking to him multiple times (in the 20s for me other roommates are at least there as well) we've had house meetings you name it. he literally refuses to clean up. we called the police when he assaulted one of the other roommates. the police aren't very helpful in these situations. he got let out and the court date is set for november 10th. Our landlord lives in Washington state and works as a lawyer out there so he's very busy after the assault charge he told us he would fly out immediately that was 2 months ago....
    That is when you let them know you will all leave if they force you to continue to live with a hostile roommate they added to the household.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

RKO them out of nowhere

the problem is we've all tried talking to him multiple times (in the 20s for me other roommates are at least there as well) we've had house meetings you name it. he literally refuses to clean up. we called the police when he assaulted one of the other roommates. the police aren't very helpful in these situations. he got let out and the court date is set for november 10th. Our landlord lives in Washington state and works as a lawyer out there so he's very busy after the assault charge he told us he would fly out immediately that was 2 months ago....
    I don't know what state you are in but here at least if you get into a physical fight with your roommate you can get a restraining order and have a judge force that person out which ends their lease.

give me some tips on what to do.
    1. Stop assaulting people, you're lucky you're not in county and subject of a lawsuit.
    2. Stop illegally cutting off utilities to residents in your building, again, lucky you're not in county, fined, subject of a lawsuit and kicked out of your place.
    3. Stop lying on the internet when it adds nothing to the story. Everyone that reads this knows you don't miraculously own a home while going to school full time at the age of 25 with no apparent job. Lol @ "the house I own is just too far away so I now rent some seedy room in a house".
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Hey guys I thought this would be a fun topic for a few reasons:

Please share your stories and give me some tips on what to do.

Thanks! mmo-champ community.
    I lived with slobs for three years, it was horrible. I came by last week to check on their dog during my lunch break (they can't afford to hire someone apparently) and it has gotten infinitely worse since I left, there was moldy bread in the kitchen and just crap EVERYWHERE. Trust me, life is infinitely better once you move out. They will not change.

I don't know why I stayed there as long as I did, Stockholm Syndrome is a real thing I think >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    i usually confront them and it goes downhill very rapidly from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Collect the trash and put it in his room or on his bed even as final instance (although if it's food or something put something under it).

If that doesn't help nothing will and you or he will have to relocate.
    i do that as a first resort.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get him kicked out that's what I had to do with one of my old roommates, he was so bad with one of his dogs that we have to replace the carpets. Gonna suck but better you get rid of him now and take care of the cleanup yourself that way it gets done and doesn't get worse.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    1. Stop assaulting people, you're lucky you're not in county and subject of a lawsuit.
    2. Stop illegally cutting off utilities to residents in your building, again, lucky you're not in county, fined, subject of a lawsuit and kicked out of your place.
    3. Stop lying on the internet when it adds nothing to the story. Everyone that reads this knows you don't miraculously own a home while going to school full time at the age of 25 with no apparent job. Lol @ "the house I own is just too far away so I now rent some seedy room in a house".
    someones real pissy. I've had my own home since I turned 21. my mother passed away and left me her house but oh you'd probably think that's some lie too but who the hell lies about their mother passing away. it's also technically self-defense in the state of virginia (southern state) if you defend yourself after you've been assaulted. damn for someone who wants to give tips you seem more like someone trying to start a fight on the internet. lame troll is lame