Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Another thread got me wondering...

Say you were in a restaurant and ordered a burger. It's the same as any other burger you've had with the exception that the meat was grown in a lab instead of in an animal. Would you eat it?

And for certain vegetarians or vegans, if you knew no animal was harmed in its making, would you eat it?
    I would need to make sure testing was done to ensure that protein, or prions, didn't lead to a mad-cow type disease, also known as Prions Disease.

Once you read about Prions, you can never go back. It will scare the shit out of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

If memory serves there was a BBC show a few months back that had a few testers that ate cloned burgers on their show. They had two complaints; meat was dry (lab grown has no fat integrated into the meat like natural beef does) and the texture was not what they were expecting.

I think I'd be fine eating it though I guess I'd want to add olive oil or something to it to moisten the final product.

I'm not a big meat eater anyway; more of a chicken and fish guy.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I have no issues with cloned and/or lab grown meat. I do have one single concern...part of the reason I still eat meat is that meat is the most micro-nutritionally (i.e. vitamins and minerals) complete food for humans (you have to eat multiple other vegetables and/or fruits to get the same micro-nutrients). What I do not know yet is whether the lab grown meat contains the same micro-nutrients. I don't need my meat to be as micro-nutritionally barren as the already existing highly refined food at the grocery store (about 75% of they sell today).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    I can see why you'd think that, but Veridian Dynamics solved that problem.
    I'm intrigued. Could you provide a link?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I would.

If it is proven to be the same consistence, I'm pretty sure it contains less antibiotics than real meat. You also don't have a risk that it contains scrappy, BSE and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I would. There's very little I wouldn't at least try.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I think I'd be fine eating it though I guess I'd want to add olive oil or something to it to moisten the final product.
    Butter. Freeze, then do a tiny dice. Gently mix with the product, cook immediately.

But then... can they clone mammary glands?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cultured protein grown in a lab =/= cloned meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes, because it's exactly the same meat. The only difference is the way the gametocyte came to be. For the rest, the growth process, metabolism and whatever, are identical to "normal" animals.

Could they clone mammoth meat, so I could try that then?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    We already eat meat pumped with all sorts of crap so I don't see the difference in lab grown or "natural". On second thought, the lab grown might even be cleaner since they can grow it exactly as they want it without relying on growth hormones.

Yes I would but Id experiment with how I eat meat now.

Long story short, health reasons every so often I have to do a stint of being vegetarian

so yea I'd have to eat it and see what happens over the next 24 hours basically

Yes, why not, I mean who can guarantee You what You eat now?

100% juices, organic food... ye right, just taking more money from naive ppl.

If it's proven to be safe to eat, then sure.

If it is safe and taste close to or better then the real thing .... sure

If it taste the same and contain the same nutritions then yes id eat it. If it was cheaper (wich is plausable) id order it over normal meat.

Sure, why the heck not.