10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Bradley Beal turnover. Boston up 112-103 with 1:01 left. Game is officially over now because he fucked up.
    Beal carried them to there, so if anyone can get a mulligan on a mistake it's Beal. It was tricky though. Had they scored there the gap would have been 4 or 5, with he turnover it went back to 9.

I still can't believe Kelly freaking Olynyk was the one that made half the fist pump, energizing plays in this game. He made like 2 more after I made my earlier post.

I have a hard time believing the Celtics make the NBA Finals though, even if Olynyk were to continue his crazy play.

10+ Year Old Account
    CLE over BOS in 6.

I just had surgery a few days ago and won't be able to communicate here much for a few weeks, probably, but you guys and your anti-Warriors rhetoric is ridiculously hilarious.

Shit, even Kawhi doesn't think Zaza's play was dirty. A bad move, sure, and a foul, but there's no way it was intentional.

But, whatever, carry on. I likely won't be around to defend my comments for a while.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    First game in Eastern Conference Finals on Wednesday. Going to be interesting to see what carries over for the Celtics: the good vibes from winning on Monday or the fatigue from playing on Monday in a highly charged game.

If they can carry over the good vibes, get the crowd going and the Cavs come out rusty, Celtics might kick start the series with a win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I just had surgery a few days ago and won't be able to communicate here much for a few weeks
    Get well soon.

Boston defeats the Wizards in 7 games and proves that home court advantage is a big deal.

Spreadsheet updated.
    6/18 chose Boston to win. (Good job Demoncrash, PhaelixWW, sheffield, THE Bigzoman, Racthoh, and jregz.)
    4/6 chose Boston in 7. (Wow that's most of the people who chose Boston. Really good job Demoncrash, PhaelixWW, THE Bigzoman, jregz.)

The winner of the Second Round is THE Bigzoman with 36 points.

Bigzo got evey single team right and every single record (except he chose GS in 5). Second place was tied for for Demoncrash and PhaelixWW with 32 points.

(Okay now I'm double checking so don't be too surprised if I pull a Steve Harvey.)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    First game in Eastern Conference Finals on Wednesday. Going to be interesting to see what carries over for the Celtics: the good vibes from winning on Monday or the fatigue from playing on Monday in a highly charged game.

If they can carry over the good vibes, get the crowd going and the Cavs come out rusty, Celtics might kick start the series with a win.
    Cavs are gonna pick and roll Kyrie or Lebron onto IT kinda like they did with Steph in the finals last year, but even more effectively. These guys, apparently unlike anyone on the wizards, can destroy teams playing iso. I'll be pretty surprised if Celtics win anything let alone game 1 after a week's rest for the Cavs.

Also don't forget, if you want to edit your pick for Cleveland vs. Boston in the ECF, feel free to just post again in this thread and I'll change it for you. That game is literally in 2 days, on Wednesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Cavs are gonna pick and roll Kyrie or Lebron onto IT kinda like they did with Steph in the finals last year, but even more effectively. These guys, apparently unlike anyone on the wizards, can destroy teams playing iso. I'll be pretty surprised if Celtics win anything let alone game 1 after a week's rest for the Cavs.
    I suspect it will be game 1 or bust. If Cavs get in a groove it's game over. Only realistic shot is home crowd getting going early and IT bringing it and the Cavs being rusty from not playing in a week and somehow having to figure things out a bit on the road in a loud court.

If LeBron brings it game 1 though and is determined to get rest before the finals too, then it could be over quickly. Celtics don;t really have anyone to stop him.

There's also the issue you bring up with IT. Celtics do their damndest to hide him on defense but that won't work very often against the Cavs (but maybe just long enough in the first game to get a win if they get creative enough).

If I'm honest, I'm more interested in the lottery tomorrow then Game 1 on Wednesday. xD

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Zaza's move was ridiculously careless, but I'd have to imagine Suns/Lakers fans are just loving the Spurs fans bitching about it.

Oh xskarma is right, tomorrow the draft lottery is being held. I didn't know about that at all. It gets held in NY, but only the rich owner's kids get to go so I can't attend. Seems cool to go too. Although it's not really a fan based event...I guess they don't want people booing.

Team ... Record ... (Win%) ... Lottery Chances

Brooklyn (to Boston) ... 20-62 ... (.244) ... 250
    Phoenix... 24-58 ... (.293) ... 199
    L.A. Lakers* ... 26-56 ... (.317) ... 156
    Philadelphia** ... 28-54 ... (.341) ... 119
    Orlando ... 29-53 ... (.354) ...88
    Minnesota ... 31-51 ... (.378) ... 53
    New York ... 31-51 ... (.378) ... 53
    Sacramento^ ... 32-50 ... (.390) ... 28
    Dallas ... 33-49 ... (.402) ... 17
    New Orleans^^ ... 34-48 ... (.415) ... 11
    Charlotte ... 36-46 ... (.439) ... 8
    Detroit ... 37-45 ... (.451) ... 7
    Denver ... 40-42 ... (.488) ... 6
    Miami ... 41-41 ... (.500) ... 5

The order for the remainder of the first-round picks is as follows:

15. Portland ... 41-41
    16. Chicago ... 41-41
    17. Milwaukee ... 42-40
    18. Indiana ... 42-40
    19. Atlanta ... 43-39
    20. Memphis (to Portland via Denver and Cleveland) ... 43-39
    21. Oklahoma City ... 47-35
    22. Washington (to Brooklyn) ... 49-33
    23. LA Clippers (to Toronto via Milwaukee) ... 51-31
    24. Utah ... 51-31
    25. Toronto (to Orlando) ... 51-31
    26. Cleveland (to Portland) ... 51-31
    27. Boston (to Brooklyn) ... 53-29
    28. Houston (to Los Angeles Lakers) ... 55-27
    29. San Antonio ... 61-21
    30. Golden State (to Utah) ... 67-15
    [*] This pick may be conveyed to Philadelphia via Phoenix.
    [**] This pick may be conveyed to Sacramento.
    [^] This pick may be conveyed to Chicago via Cleveland or to Philadelphia.
    [^^] This pick may be conveyed to Sacramento.
    - - - Updated - - -

Wtf Boston gets Brooklyn's big odds pick? Fucking owner wanted a championship by 2017 so they gave everrrrrrrrrrrrything up to build a Pretender team.

Looking forward to seeing which team wins the chance to draft LaVar Ball.

I'm choosing Cleveland in 4. I think Boston having home court is a big deal for them, but I just don't see a scenario where Cleveland doesn't remain competitive. I don't think rust applies to them. If anything, I think the time off is good because that team is injury prone as fuck. Not to mention Boston has been playing hard for the past 2 weeks straight.

Tonight:
    SAS @ GSW. (0-1). 9 PM. ESPN.

Kawhi isn't playing. Sucks. Spurs will probably still be somewhat competitive but I don't see how they can win the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Shit, even Kawhi doesn't think Zaza's play was dirty. A bad move, sure, and a foul, but there's no way it was intentional.
    Messiah Popovich thinks it was. Watch him address the media about the situation:

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/05/15/...rs-media-avail

The draft lottery starts at 8:30. 1h 45m away. I forgot about it lol. I'd have just ended up tuning to ESPN for game time.

So I'm rooting for Brooklyn to get pick #4 to stick it to Boston, right? Not sure about anything else. (About who I root for getting which pick.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The draft lottery starts at 8:30. 1h 45m away. I forgot about it lol. I'd have just ended up tuning to ESPN for game time.

So I'm rooting for Brooklyn to get pick #4 to stick it to Boston, right? Not sure about anything else. (About who I root for getting which pick.)
    If the Lakers don't get a top 3 pick, they lose both this years AND next years first rounder. If they DO get a top 3 pick, they keep that pick and give 2 second rounders instead of that first round pick next year.

So, just hope for them to not get a top 3 pick, cause, really, who wants good things to happen for the Lakers?

*rubs eyes* Omg I'm so tired and now I have to write so much code while we watch the game.

I'm tuned into ESPN now. Let's see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty busy but I might have made time to go to see the draft....xskarma use your mod powers to get us NBA Draft and NBA Award tickets.

Everyone but the top 3 gets displaced anyway, so it's more exciting if someone ISN'T in their normal place.

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers got in top 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame, Lakers have their top 3 pick.

Lakers, 76ers, Boston (from Brooklyn omfg) are in the top 3.

Mother fucking Celtics took the fucking 1st pick from Nets omg. I said I wanted to stick it to them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweeeeeeeeet. no. 1 pick. Markelle Fultz, come on down.

The #1 seed, in the ECF, get the #1 pick in this year's draft. What injustice!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw one of you college followers is gonna need to tell me if the draft prospects are even good. Idk, I don't follow that stuff.