1. #2641
    That's some Chris Paul/Rondo/Lebron level court awareness.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  2. #2642
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    8,824
    Raptors are totally still in this right guys
    {MMO-Champion General Rules} {Off-Topic Forum Rules} {Video Games Discussion Forum Rules}

    "Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true."

  3. #2643
    Spreadsheet update:
    12 people chose Toronto in 5. That's no longer possible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw I chose the light red to indicate WRONG instead of the dark one we used to use. I think it's more pleasing to the eyes. Lemme know if you want a different color.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  4. #2644
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    9,384
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Raptors are totally still in this right guys
    Ownage approved I guess. What an insult, I hope these guys go jump off a bridge, bunch of scrubs this team is.

    Congrats to the 8 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  5. #2645
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    LeBron is doing everything. If Westbrook did that we'd call him selfish and not involving his teammates.
    With reason. Lebron can get away with this because he's much better than Westbrook, and he also knows how to pick his spots so he's still pretty efficient when he "takes over". Teams know that Lebron will pass in the most clutch of situations, and Westbrook's gonna keep shooting.

    Lebron shot over 50% tonight, Westbrook shot 39% yesterday. Again, that's not anomalous - in the playoffs Lebron is routinely more efficient than the other players on his team, and Westbrook is routinely less efficient - a hallmark of someone who's taking too many shots.

    If you watch Lebron's thunderous dunk today, it was a 2 on 1 fast break, and Lebron got open because the player guarding him gambled on Lebron passing it to Korver. That happens because teams know Lebron is unselfish and will totally make the pass if it's the right move.
    Lebron, because he's Lebron, realized this and dunked. That's who he is. Westbrook is gonna take his own shot 99% of the time in that situation, and the defender's gonna know this, and it'll be contested.
    Last edited by Tonus; 2017-04-21 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

  6. #2646
    Spurs lose in Memphis.

    Spurs can no longer win in 4.
    6 people chose Spurs in 4. Starting with me. :/ The first like 14 people who made picks all chose Spurs in 5.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  7. #2647
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    Alright, seriously, I know there will be analysis and crap coming out tomorrow but what happened? How did they choke a 26(?) point lead?
    They didn't run the ball to run out the clock.

    ...Wait...wrong sport.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO Show em how to live

  8. #2648
    Scarab Lord bergmann620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    4,390
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    Alright, seriously, I know there will be analysis and crap coming out tomorrow but what happened? How did they choke a 26(?) point lead?
    They had a 26-point lead because they were shooting out of their minds and Kyrie was taking terrible shots rather than running the offense.

    They lost their 26-point lead because they're the Pacers and they're not a '60% from deep' team, so eventually the basket dried up. And because LeBron.
    Life: bergmannity.com/ | Gaming: indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat

  9. #2649
    Over 9000! Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,106
    Go Bucks! Great game to be at!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thought for sure Serge was getting ejected.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Might go back for game six. I hope they win the series so I can go see Lebron vs. Giannis!

    - - - Updated - - -
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

    Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

  10. #2650
    Cleveland is back to looking pretty unbeatable again
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

  11. #2651
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Go Bucks! Great game to be at!
    Show pictures.

    Tonight:
    BOS @ CHI. 7 PM. ESPN.
    HOU @ OKC. 9:30 PM. ESPN.
    LAC @ UTA. 10 PM. ESPN2.

    Wow you Utah people are getting treated like second class citizens, going on the alternate channel. And that's a good series lol. To be fair, the other two games are more important though.

    If Chicago wins (at their home) Boston is doomed to be losers.

    If OKC loses at their home, they'll have lost the series and at this point we'd have to subtract points away from Westbrook. Sort of.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  12. #2652
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,509
    Hawks swept, Rondo done probably for the year, and I just broke up with my GF.... Just end my shit fam

  13. #2653
    Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    Cleveland is back to looking pretty unbeatable again
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but it's Lebron.

    Cavs outscore opponents by 7.7 points per 100 possessions when Lebron's on the court and get outscored by 8.5 when he's off it. In the regular season he played 71% of available minutes. In the playoffs he's played 91% of available minutes. Assuming the ratings stay the same, that shift is enough to push the Cavs from outscoring the average team by 3.0 points per 100 possessions (about equal to the Celtics), to 6.3 points (ahead of the Rockets, good for 3rd in the league).

    Now, other teams shorten their benches too, but it doesn't make nearly the difference for them that Lebron does (the Rockets with Harden have a net rating of 6.3, without him they're still at 2.8). So just playing Lebron more explains a big shift in performance.

    The second factor is that LeBron is the only star who's able to maintain his level of performance against better competition in the playoffs, presumably because he "flips the switch". Almost every superstar's stats get worse playing against superior competition in the playoffs. For example, Durant's efficiency rating over the past 5 years is 28.5 in the regular season, 24.1 in the playoffs. Curry goes from 25.8 to 22.1, Harden from 25.2 to 22.9. So when everyone else's efficiency is dropping, Lebron's efficiency actually increases slightly, from 28.4 to 28.6. Even more amazing, LeBron's performance tends to get better as he's playing against better competition too. Last year, he had an average gamescore of 19.7 in the first round and 20.7 in the second round in two relatively easy sweeps, then up to 25.0 in the 6 games against the Raptors, and 26.9 in the 7 game series against the Warriors (to put that in perspective, Westbrook's game score in the current series is 23.8).

    So three things happen:

    1. LeBron plays more.
    2. LeBron plays better.
    3. As the competition gets tougher, LeBron plays even better.

    That's how a 50 win team turns into a legit contender in the playoffs. Of course he's 32 now, so he's slowed down a bit, but so far he's been able to make up for that by picking his spots and savvy. In 2009 he was able to go this hard every game and his efficiency rating was an unheard of 37 over the course of the entire postseason, which is insane (Jordan's best postseason PER was 32). Now he saves it all for the big moments. At some point soon it won't be enough anymore.
    Last edited by Tonus; 2017-04-21 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

  14. #2654
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Hawks swept, Rondo done probably for the year, and I just broke up with my GF.... Just end my shit fam
    Isn't that first one a good thing?
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  15. #2655
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Isn't that first one a good thing?
    Hawks got swept... not did the sweeping

  16. #2656
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Hawks got swept... not did the sweeping
    Oh. Hmmm maybe I should not watch basketball and support the Rangers tomorrow...

    Hold on when I get to desktop ill post about the Rondo thing.
    Anyone who uses the word "cancer" as a slang term to mean 'bad' automatically gets added to my ignore list.

  17. #2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but it's Lebron.

    Cavs outscore opponents by 7.7 points per 100 possessions when Lebron's on the court and get outscored by 8.5 when he's off it. In the regular season he played 71% of available minutes. In the playoffs he's played 91% of available minutes. Assuming the ratings stay the same, that shift is enough to push the Cavs from outscoring the average team by 3.0 points per 100 possessions (about equal to the Celtics), to 6.3 points (ahead of the Rockets, good for 3rd in the league).

    Now, other teams shorten their benches too, but it doesn't make nearly the difference for them that Lebron does (the Rockets with Harden have a net rating of 6.3, without him they're still at 2.8). So just playing Lebron more explains a big shift in performance.

    The second factor is that LeBron is the only star who's able to maintain his level of performance against better competition in the playoffs, presumably because he "flips the switch". Almost every superstar's stats get worse playing against superior competition in the playoffs. For example, Durant's efficiency rating over the past 5 years is 28.5 in the regular season, 24.1 in the playoffs. Curry goes from 25.8 to 22.1, Harden from 25.2 to 22.9. So when everyone else's efficiency is dropping, Lebron's efficiency actually increases slightly, from 28.4 to 28.6. Even more amazing, LeBron's performance tends to get better as he's playing against better competition too. Last year, he had an average gamescore of 19.7 in the first round and 20.7 in the second round in two relatively easy sweeps, then up to 25.0 in the 6 games against the Raptors, and 26.9 in the 7 game series against the Warriors (to put that in perspective, Westbrook's game score in the current series is 23.8).

    So three things happen:

    1. LeBron plays more.
    2. LeBron plays better.
    3. As the competition gets tougher, LeBron plays even better.

    That's how a 50 win team turns into a legit contender in the playoffs. Of course he's 32 now, so he's slowed down a bit, but so far he's been able to make up for that by picking his spots and savvy. In 2009 he was able to go this hard every game and his efficiency rating was an unheard of 37 over the course of the entire postseason, which is insane (Jordan's best postseason PER was 32). Now he saves it all for the big moments. At some point soon it won't be enough anymore.
    Your post was so fun to read.

    I could read stuff like that all day. More please.

  18. #2658
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Maplestan
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Hawks swept, Rondo done probably for the year, and I just broke up with my GF.... Just end my shit fam


    Godspeed Stommped.

    Rondo sourcing:

    The Bulls say guard Rajon Rondo has a right thumb fracture. Surgery is not required for this injury, and he is out indefinitely.
    https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/...36447482077185

    - - - Updated - - -

    Westbrook to win MVP it looks like?

    http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/4/...-vote-tracking

  19. #2659
    Over 9000! Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Show pictures.

    Tonight:
    BOS @ CHI. 7 PM. ESPN.
    HOU @ OKC. 9:30 PM. ESPN.
    LAC @ UTA. 10 PM. ESPN2.

    Wow you Utah people are getting treated like second class citizens, going on the alternate channel. And that's a good series lol. To be fair, the other two games are more important though.

    If Chicago wins (at their home) Boston is doomed to be losers.

    If OKC loses at their home, they'll have lost the series and at this point we'd have to subtract points away from Westbrook. Sort of.
    I Only took two pics. They both look like this.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BTIHIHsA...vrED1xXe4EDo0/
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

    Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

  20. #2660
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Maplestan
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I Only took two pics. They both look like this.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BTIHIHsA...vrED1xXe4EDo0/
    Your Canadian brother?

    http://news.nationalpost.com/author/ekoreen

    EDIT: "Look like". I is retard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •