Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    HOLY SHIT

"After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @theVertical"

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87788242083841

- - - Updated - - -

EVERYONE'S MAKING A SUPERTEAM.
    for Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 First round pick.

LOL
    Last edited by Groh; 2017-06-28 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    for Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 First round pick.

LOL
    Yeah, not sure what the Rockets are doing. Apparently Chris Paul was going to sign with the Rockets in Free Agency anyway, so not sure why they are giving up assets to make him come to them when he was going to anyway.

Maybe they wanted to prevent some other team making him a godfather offer?

HOLY SHIT

"After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @theVertical"

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87788242083841

- - - Updated - - -

EVERYONE'S MAKING A SUPERTEAM.
    I just saw that! I think it can work, Harden can play off the ball, like he did in OKC.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder where Blake is going now?
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

rip to the clippers 2012-2017

Stood in the Fire
    Yeah, not sure what the Rockets are doing. Apparently Chris Paul was going to sign with the Rockets in Free Agency anyway, so not sure why they are giving up assets to make him come to them when he was going to anyway.

Maybe they wanted to prevent some other team making him a godfather offer?
    IMO that's on Paul, not the Rockets. Paul didn't want to screw the clippers so he gave them the opportunity to get something back. and I don't really know about that, but maybe because it's a trade, He still can sign for the super max 5 years contract with the rockets next off season?? in "no tax" texas?

edit: I'm just thinking, Rondo to the clippers to re unit with Doc Rivers? less expensive, more ball to the post and no more CP3 dribbling the clock for an hero ball shot?
    Last edited by Groh; 2017-06-28 at 04:11 PM.

IMO that's on Paul, not the Rockets. Paul didn't want to screw the clippers so he gave them the opportunity to get something back. and I don't really know about that, but maybe because it's a trade, He still can sign for the super max 5 years contract with the rockets next off season?? in "no tax" texas?

edit: I'm just thinking, Rondo to the clippers to re unit with Doc Rivers? less expensive, more ball to the post and no more CP3 dribbling the clock for an hero ball shot?
    Doc wanted the hell out of Boston when Celtics were going for a rebuild. Have to wonder if he's okay with sticking with the Clippers if they are saying goodbye to CP3 and probably Blake Griffin too. I personally think he's going to give it up too and there's a new coach/front office looming.

I'm not convinced CP3 will fit in with Houston, but if they make it work that will be a lot of firepower.
    {MMO-Champion General Rules} {Off-Topic Forum Rules} {Video Games Discussion Forum Rules}

"Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true."

I love CP but i don't really see how this helps anyone. Paul is not the level of defender that Bev is, and Harden just led the league in assists...

This would go down as the greatest backcourt ever to not win a championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Re: Phil Jackson:

It's been obvious what the Knicks should do for about 10 years now:

1. If you don't have a young strong core you're confident in, build through the draft.
    2. If you do have a good young core, then leverage NYC to draw the free agent that puts you over the top.

The issue is they just haven't done this. I don't care about the triangle, Phil Jackson, Carmelo, all the other nonsense. None of it matters. This is especially true now, maybe in 2010 the Knicks still had enough cachet around the league to draw superstars, but they certainly don't now.

So Phil is fired. Who cares? Are they going to stop signing overpriced old guys? Why do they show "interest" in Derrick Rose, a guy who's maybe the 20th best PG in the league when healthy (20th may be generous; according to ESPN's real plus minus he was 52nd). Are they going to stop trading away their draft picks? Are they going to keep Porzingas, the most important player they've drafted since Patrick Ewing, happy?

And the Carmelo Anthony thing is so funny... how the hell did they end up giving him a no trade clause when, it turns out, he's desperate to stay in NYC at any cost? Sounds like he would have signed without one.

Best case for 2017-18 Knicks: Stealth tank the way the Lakers did with Kobe. Get a high draft pick. Joakim Noah's contract gets one year closer to expiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I love CP but i don't really see how this helps anyone. Paul is not the level of defender that Bev is, and Harden just led the league in assists...

This would go down as the greatest backcourt ever to not win a championship.
    I agree, it seems like they have two guys who are best utilized as primary ball handler. You don't need two of those guys. Especially when neither one of them is much of a finisher off the ball so it's not like they can really work together except by turning Harden into a spot of 3 point shooter.

Chris Paul, if healthy, is a significantly better player than Harden, especially in the playoffs, so it is an upgrade. I'm just not sure how you fit the team together around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That's okay. Harden will just take over lead defender duties.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.

Woah. Phil Jackson got fired? Seems inconsequential. Maybe Knicks'll get better management.

CP3 joining Houston is...idk how to feel about the trade. The thing is, Houston gave up some good role players. I actually think LAC may have become better.
    I'm one of those people with their PC specs listed in their signature now. Aryan PC Master Race.

I know you Intel fanboys are jelly over my brand new hardware:
    My Intel fidget spinner.

Stood in the Fire
    Doc wanted the hell out of Boston when Celtics were going for a rebuild. Have to wonder if he's okay with sticking with the Clippers if they are saying goodbye to CP3 and probably Blake Griffin too. I personally think he's going to give it up too and there's a new coach/front office looming.
    I don't think Doc Rivers is going to resign. he's still pretty young for a coach, he got the best position he can dream of and he's in LA. and I don't see Griffin going anywhere now that Paul is gone and maybe even Redick could stay with Paul gone. without Paul contract and the pieces they got in the trade they can sign Rondo who's not going to stay in Chicago and build a decent bench. Maybe try to get Melo if he is still out of NY plans, and you have Rondo/Redick/Melo/Griffin/Jordan as a starting lineup. Rivers have options to stay competitive and I don't see where else he could find a better position.

maybe even Redick could stay with Paul gone.
    "J.J. Redick won't be re-signing with the L.A. Clippers. (Via Brian Windhorst - ESPN)"

https://twitter.com/ClevisMurray/sta...99413473058816

I think this came out after you posted, so I understand your feeling it might turn around, but this just has every bit the feeling like the Clippers are blowing things up and going for the young rebuild.

Remember they brought in Jerry West this week too, who was an influential advisor on the Warriors during their build up to what they are now. I don't think it's coincedence that he's brought in and the team goes into rebuild mode. I think they brought him in specifically cause they knew they would start committing to a rebuild and wanted his advice while in that process.

There are two things I will say for Phil: he didn't trade away future draft picks, and he drafted Porzingis. The Knicks traded their first round pick away in 1993, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 (they traded Nene right after the draft), 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016. That's 13 times in 24 drafts. A few of those picks turned into guys like LaMarcus Aldridge, Gordon Heyward, Nene, Joakim Noah, and Dario Saric. Once the Knicks got bad in 2001, it was a horrendous strategy that almost always backfired.

There's a rule that you're only allowed to trade your pick every other year (in a couple cases they circumvented that by trading it away right after the draft - 2000, 2002, or by swapping picks instead of trading outright). If the Knicks don't trade their 2018 first round pick, it'll be the first time they kept their pick for 2 consecutive years since 2008-09.

So if you're a GM thinking of coming to the Knicks, there's two scenarios:

1. You've got Porzingis and the french guy as potential core members of a future contending team. You've got bad contracts clogging up cap space so you can tank pretty painlessly (playing the french guy a lot will surely cost you games next year and at some point Carmelo turns into late career Kobe Bryant). You get three more lottery picks, extend Porzingis (taking Carmelo's cap space), and use the cap space currently occupied by Courtney Lee and what remains of Joakim Noah to sign a free agent. If it's 2020, you're the GM in New York, you have a young interesting team, and you have cap space, there's a good shot you can get someone good to fill out a contending roster.

2. Knicks' business as usual. Sign Derrick Rose and pretend he's still an MVP caliber point guard. When Carmelo comes off the books, spend the money on whoever is willing to come to the Knicks in 2019. You end up with mediocre picks in the late lottery. Maybe you luck into a first round playoff appearance one year, get excited and trade more first rounders. Porzingis leaves in 2020.

If I'm interviewing with Dolan, I push scenario 1. Unfortunately I suspect he's going to go with scenario 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Doc Rivers is going to resign. he's still pretty young for a coach, he got the best position he can dream of and he's in LA. and I don't see Griffin going anywhere now that Paul is gone and maybe even Redick could stay with Paul gone. without Paul contract and the pieces they got in the trade they can sign Rondo who's not going to stay in Chicago and build a decent bench. Maybe try to get Melo if he is still out of NY plans, and you have Rondo/Redick/Melo/Griffin/Jordan as a starting lineup. Rivers have options to stay competitive and I don't see where else he could find a better position.
    With that lineup against the Warriors, you end up with Rondo (-.5 defensive real plus minus) guarding Curry, Redick (-2.11) guarding Klay Thompson, Melo (-1.75) guarding Iguodala, Griffin (+.76) totally mismatched trying to guard Durant, and Jordan guarding Green, who drags him out to the three point line.

Woof. The Warriors might score 150 points a game. And that team is around the same age as the Warriors so it's not like you can wait them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    WoD was like ordering a meal, eating it and leaving. Legion is like ordering a meal, instantly puking it back in the platter due to atrocious taste and watching everyone around doing the same, eating their own puke again and again while telling each other 'Wow, there's so much to eat, I can't believe it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    There are two things I will say for Phil: he didn't trade away future draft picks, and he drafted Porzingis.
    He gets zero credit for Porzingis, he didn't want him at all as mentioned by every sports radio and TV show this week. Phil is washed, but without Phil there is no "Bron vs Mike" argument and I wonder how many Kobe and Shaq get.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

It's that time again, the old season comes to a close and a new season begins. Time for a new thread!

New thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post46302409

CLOSED.