Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Bring back the sharp edges!!
    my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    So a little more than one half of a percent of players completed the Mythic Draenor Raider achievement. Is this a problem of difficulty or one of accessibility?
    Accessibility.

I think 10 stacks of determination on Archimonde and Cata and the last 3 5 mans in Wraith and the Zul 5 mans prove that people are willing to do it and most of them are willing to learn hard content.

But like many normal and heroic an dmythic raid groups Oh to many groups want people who outgear the content to padd their dmg meters. The organizers are the low geared ones. its never overgeared people looking for undergeared to carry or w/e

If i could Que for Mythics thats all i would be doing since i'm already telling people how to not die horribly in heroics. The only difference is in heroics they can ignore me.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Oxide08 View Post
    Anyone else mildly bothered by the fact that the draenor pet brawler has been achieved less than mythic draenor raider?

not really... 2000 pet battles is alot. it gets boring faster than that

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Oh, right, that's all it is; my bad. I thought it included the Glory of the Raider(s) for some reason. Disregard most of what I said, then. Guess it just illustrates how little people clear Mythic. At least last tier, anyways.
    (edited - was thinking of something else)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I still don't understand how giving players a single player option takes away from those who like 5 mans.

Like, if they want to do 5-mans, do them as 5-mans. If their friends aren't on or they don't have time to dps queue (or heck, take out the gear reward, make them a story mode or something) then do single-mode.

I've never understood the "giving players options makes people who like things a certain way unhappy," argument.
    I'd guess that at that time, they didn't have the tech to scale dungeons like that, and didn't want to make 2 different versions of it - it's also a "Because we didn't want to" kind of thing.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2015-10-12 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    "There was debate about putting awesome content, encounters, and stories in dungeons, as there were players that enjoyed playing by themselves and didn't want to group up. The choice not to make a single player version was intentional, as making it more accessible would cause players that love dungeons to love them less."

I've read this through a few times now and it's extremely hard to parse. What exactly is Pardo saying?
    you should read it like this :

"warlock green fire quest was enormous succes and puting more of those would be succes too but were blizzard so screw you we wont put it anymore instead this we will try to push everyone into amazing super content that is normal mode raiding as we find it super amazing ultra cool and it cut the costs significanty so our staff an spend whole days afk on fb instad developing interesting content"

Quote Originally Posted by Oxide08 View Post
    Anyone else mildly bothered by the fact that the draenor pet brawler has been achieved less than mythic draenor raider?
    Not really bothered as such, it's just the result of not raising the battle pet level cap when WoD hit, it's easier to stay in Pandaria to max out pet levels, especially pre-flight where going from one area to the other was much easier there, for levelling (Where a huge number of battles take place, just grinding those levels), avoiding Draenor outright is easily possible.

I still don't understand how giving players a single player option takes away from those who like 5 mans.
    That's exactly the massive debate we're having on LFR vs normal since the beginning of WoD.

Or, more lightly, the "no fly" vs "flying" debate prior to 6.2.
    I've never understood the "giving players options makes people who like things a certain way unhappy," argument.
    Because the game does not recognize "well" the fact that you did the hard version. It's human nature: if you get the feeling that doing it easy gives you the "same" reward, then few people will challenge themselves purely for the challenge. And a few will and then say "what was the point? Could have done it in easy".

It's one of those "can't really please everyone" points.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    "There was debate about putting awesome content, encounters, and stories in dungeons, as there were players that enjoyed playing by themselves and didn't want to group up. The choice not to make a single player version was intentional, as making it more accessible would cause players that love dungeons to love them less."

I've read this through a few times now and it's extremely hard to parse. What exactly is Pardo saying?
    Basically, they made a decision to not have giant lore moment in dungeons, and do them in questing instead. They want those moment to be accessible, and there are people who hate dungeons.

There was an option on the table to make dungeons accessible to SOLO players, which would allow them to put those lore moments in them, but they didn't want to do that, because they figured that would be TOO accessible.

Personally I was annoyed near the end of mop that I couldn't solo-queue for heroic scenarios, even not scaled-down, just to wipe the floor with them. But to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Not really bothered as such, it's just the result of not raising the battle pet level cap when WoD hit, it's easier to stay in Pandaria to max out pet levels, especially pre-flight where going from one area to the other was much easier there, for levelling (Where a huge number of battles take place, just grinding those levels), avoiding Draenor outright is easily possible.
    Or maybe, just very maybe, the massive majority of the playerbase doesn't seem to be very interested in this pokemon system?

$0.02

Deleted
    Hindsight is 20/20. Although there were tons of people warning them against streamlining the game too much. Don't give players what they think they want, that's not the way to design a good game in the long run.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2015-10-12 at 08:32 AM.

mythic dreanor raider = 0,63%, draenor pet brawler = 0,24% !!!

shocking news of the month! the so called good feature (pet battle) is behind mythic raiding achievements!!

"Everything in game design is about trade-offs. You can't make a game that everyone will love."

false! in wotlk the game is in everybodys brain. the term rpg is first in his history not more on freak status..

Like, if they want to do 5-mans, do them as 5-mans. If their friends aren't on or they don't have time to dps queue (or heck, take out the gear reward, make them a story mode or something) then do single-mode.

I think the real point is...at the end of the day, it's an MMO. Grouping up with people is part of the game and the dungeons would never work properly as single player content. That's what Pardo is saying, you might /think/ you'd like to do the dungeon solo, but really it was doing it with 4 other people that made it feel like you were traversing a dungeon in the first place.

Personally I've never understood the people who steadfastly refuse to do /any/ group content. I mean solo content is fine, but does it not occur to them that they should perhaps adjust to the Multiplayer aspect of this MMO, rather than have content developed for people who aren't the target audience in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

false! in wotlk the game is in everybodys brain. the term rpg is first in his history not more on freak status..
    Err....say again?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    mythic dreanor raider = 0,63%, draenor pet brawler = 0,24% !!!

shocking news of the month! the so called good feature (pet battle) is behind mythic raiding achievements!!

"Everything in game design is about trade-offs. You can't make a game that everyone will love."

That achievement doesn't say anything at all about pet battles and how many are doing them. It's like looking at very time consuming achievement for normal raiding(doesn't exist) and then compare it to the amount of players doing normal raiding and then claim there is no one doing normal raids - aka; it doesn't work.

I've spent soooo much time in pet battling, but I still have hundreds of battles left to do to get that achievement. I have 600+ unique pets at level 25 and a ton more between the levels of 11-24 - and this is not even counting all the duplicate pets I have at level 25.

This achievement is extremely time consuming and doesn't say anything about pet battles as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    That achievement doesn't say anything at all about pet battles and how many are doing them. It's like looking at very time consuming achievement for normal raiding(doesn't exist) and then compare it to the amount of players doing normal raiding and then claim there is no one doing normal raids - aka; it doesn't work.

I've spent soooo much time in pet battling, but I still have hundreds of battles left to do to get that achievement. I have 600+ unique pets at level 25 and a ton more between the levels of 11-24 - and this is not even counting all the duplicate pets I have at level 25.

This achievement is extremely time consuming and doesn't say anything about pet battles as a whole.
    This.
    2000 pet battles is a ridicously high requirement, hence why that achievement has been unlocked by so few players. I do some pet battle casually almost everyday, and I still miss more than 1000 matches to unlock it. It's just too high, 1000 matches would have been more reasonable.
    The achievement unlock rate pre se says nothing about the status of pet battle.

Deleted
    Have to agree with the pet battle monument. I've done something like 950, so I'm nearly half-way there. When I was partly trying for it I was only catching rare pets, not the first ones I saw for the sake of the Royal Peachick for catching all the new Draenor pets, just to make it easier to aim towards the achievement. But I got all of them at rare after about 700 battles or so if I remember. So trying to keep battling when you've got them all and rare (besides drop pets coz that doesn't add to anything) is really mind numbing.

You can do your daily menagerie quest which I have on 4 characters, so it's a max of 5 battles a day if at least one of them has Kura to fight as well. And then you can fly around (if you have flying) to raise other pets to 25 to try and attempt it just so you feel you're doing something else. But UGH that's just evil.

This is coming from someone with the 5000 pet battle achievement xD but that was done casually and not as a goal. It just happened one day :3

This is so funny, some scrub will be linking 13/13 mythic Hellfire Citadel in trade and being like 'i'm well proper dope mate' then some hero will come along and link the 2000 pet battle achive and be all like 'get on mah level you pleb'.

Deleted
    DW everyone, Arakkoas have the same gender binarist system as we do! Can't have alien races with different concepts of sex/gender in our fantasy RPG game - that would be gay!

/sarcasm

if i had to play a RPG i wouldnt play this. i think the last actual RPG was baldur's gate in like 1996. now it's a boring system to get to max level, theres no reason to care about your character at all or any story they have with NPCs. Once you hit max level the RPG is over.

0.63% in mythic ? Thank you so much blizzard for this retard 20man mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that mythic draenor monument was really worth it...

Could've made it heroic, atleast some more people could've actually enjoyed it.

But nah let's keep pretending mythic is worth it right ;p