Deleted

Advice on decent fans for exhaust case cooling....

Ok so I'm redoing the cooling on my cm stormtrooper case, had 1 of the front stock fans stop working and I'm fed up of the noise made by the 200mm top exhaust fan so I've decided to rip the lot out and start over with new aftermarket fans.

I already have 2 120mm silverstone penetrators on the side of the case and I'm planning to get 2 more to replace the stock 120mm front fans as they are very good intake fans due to the way the air flow is channeled. http://youtu.be/8m8fC809TK0

However I'm just after some recommendations for my exhaust fans. I need 1 140mm fan for the rear of the case and I'm planning to replace the 200mm top fan with 2 120mm fans also set as exhaust as I think that'll be quieter and more efficient at moving air then 1 large fan.

So yeah, any ideas for fans to suit this role? High airflow a priority obviously.

Only problem is finding a fan controller with enough channels. Can't find a 7 channel might have to install 2 smaller ones haha

Check out Noctua Fans never heard a bad word about them.

^^
    Noctua.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Check out Noctua Fans never heard a bad word about them.
    Their new SP fans are quite meh at pull setups on radiators. So now you have ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Their new SP fans are quite meh at pull setups on radiators. So now you have ;P
    In fairness, Noctua have never been considered the highest performing fan for air flow or static pressure, they just do the best job in the business to performance and noise, you don't go for noctua for pure performance, its for the best silent operation for the performance and Noctua runs rings around all else in this regard.

Got some Fractal design HF and HP 12 fans and the noctuas both the NF and NP 12 are quieter at 800ish RPM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Noctua makes nice fans, too bad that cream brown color is so fucking ugly.

I've got a couple of Phantek case fans that I am VERY happy with. They are on sale more often than not for $12.99 US.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Noctua makes nice fans, too bad that cream brown color is so fucking ugly.

I've got a couple of Phantek case fans that I am VERY happy with. They are on sale more often than not for $12.99 US.
    Noctua also makes black fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    In fairness, Noctua have never been considered the highest performing fan for air flow or static pressure, they just do the best job in the business to performance and noise, you don't go for noctua for pure performance, its for the best silent operation for the performance and Noctua runs rings around all else in this regard.
    It was the noise part that made them "meh".