Deleted

Destruction Warlock 4-piece?

Hi!

So, I mainly play affliction warlock, but turns out, in HFC destro simply is better on some (alot) of bosses, so lately I have been playing that alot, however, I am wondering how big of an importance the 4-piece for destro is? It feels like it barely ever procs, or well, not often, so I was considering running without it and switch for gear with better statprio/ilevel, what not.

How important do you guys consider the 4piece to be for destruction?

Deleted
    It seems to not have a CD so if you get a chain proc its great. But the only things worth taking instead of the 4-piece are the shoulders and head of Archi. So I would just stick with 4-set until you get those 2 items.

The only time it ever seems to proc is three to four times in a row. So many times that I think the game has frozen on me. My problem is that i seem to do way less damage with crit/mastery than when I stacked haste/mastery.

Dropping 4 set for better itemized gear is probably a mistake unless you're going from like 695 to 730 in every slot or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    It seems to not have a CD so if you get a chain proc its great. But the only things worth taking instead of the 4-piece are the shoulders and head of Archi. So I would just stick with 4-set until you get those 2 items.
    Even when you get those 2 pieces DO NOT drop 4 set. Wear the helm off Arch and use the 4 set in the other 4 slots.

Things do die too quickly now that the whole team is well geared. That one demon add with the dogs is great since it takes so long to kill, it is nice doing over 300k on it. What I hate to see is mobs dying while chaos bolt is still in the air. Or the mob I am targeting dies just before my AoE chaos bolt cast goes off. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Endtime View Post
    Things do die too quickly now that the whole team is well geared. That one demon add with the dogs is great since it takes so long to kill, it is nice doing over 300k on it. What I hate to see is mobs dying while chaos bolt is still in the air. Or the mob I am targeting dies just before my AoE chaos bolt cast goes off. So annoying.
    Yeah that sucks but that's almost always an issue that can be fixed with spell timing and planning.

True, but it turns out /spoiler warning that I am not a very good lock. /spoiler warning. I wish I could blame it all on the 200ms latency, which makes me really wish they had kept the 1 second cast time bonus from the two piece.