Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Park. [Horror, TSW Spin off]

This is a short story game based around the Amusement park setting found in The Secret world, this game is to be released this month.

"'The Park' puts players into the shoes of Lorraine, a mother whose son goes missing in a mysterious and creepy theme park. When night falls and the lights go out, you must face an emotional and terrifying journey through an amusement park where a dark and sinister secret is just waiting to be uncovered.

For more information, please visit www.theparkgame.com.
    "

Narrative based game, comparable to Ethan Carter vanishing. Will most likely pick this up depending on price, what i expect to be not high due to it only being 1 to 2 hours long. Hopefully it will be well received and hopefully well executed as well not too many technical hiccups and this could perhaps make a trend of putting more of TSW background and history in such games.

(Did not find any existing thread about this)

Update: Pricing and Pre-order deal page

Game Costs 15$, Todays deal only for sale on 10$
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-10-14 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Looks interesting.

I hope this turns out to be really good. While it isn't directly tied to TSW, being able to get more lore on that amazing Park has really piqued my interest. I also hope it does well so that they can make a few more of these focused, thematic experiences. There is so much lore in TSW trying to tear itself free.

Generally not interested in horror games, but I'm intrigued by this. Will likely pick it up.

Hope it does well for them, their finances are hurting so they need a boost.

Looks really cool! I went looking for it on Steam since you said it'd be released this month, sadly it's not listed there. Too bad it's a short game, but I'll buy it anyway if it's not too pricey. I can't imagine they'll get away with charging much more than $5 or so for a game of that length, but if it's longer I guess I'll wait for a sale or something.

What is the purpose of the game? Does Funcom think people are so cheap that they won't put down $20 to buy The Secret World (which already includes this map along with other content), but will pay $5 or something to play the tiny amusement park level of The Secret World. Or maybe people just don't want to play their games.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    What is the purpose of the game?
    Try something new. They've said they want to work on smaller, less expensive "experimental" projects outside of the MMO's they've been making for the past 10+ years.

Does Funcom think people are so cheap that they won't put down $20 to buy The Secret World (which already includes this map along with other content)
    No, but they've already pretty much saturated the market of people who are interested in TSW, they're not going to be pulling in a ton of new players. So instead, they're trying to grab some of that audience as well as go for the horror crowd with a spinoff game using a popular location from TSW.

but will pay $5 or something to play the tiny amusement park level of The Secret World. Or maybe people just don't want to play their games.
    Probably will be closer to $15-20, I'd imagine. And actually, yes. It's a completely different game with a completely different focus. It's a psychological horror game, not a MMORPG in a modern fantasy setting.

Deleted
    Sure seems like a creepy game, I think I would get too scared to play it :P

The Park is $13 and is now available for pre-purchase on Steam (pre-purchase discount is 23% off, or $3 off). Releases Oct 27. Also contains a few items for TSW.

What

the

actual

fuck

Funcom wtf. This is clearly something that should of actually of been in TSW but they are clearly trying to appeal outside their game to rake in more money before their actual downfall by trying to dip their toes into other horror RPGs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What

the

actual

fuck

Funcom wtf. This is clearly something that should of actually of been in TSW but they are clearly trying to appeal outside their game to rake in more money before their actual downfall by trying to dip their toes into other horror RPGs.
    ?

They're moving away from MMORPG's (they used to make single player games too!) which haven't proven to be the best investment for them and are working more on the types of games they used to (story centric games not focused around combat), specifically cheaper to produce "experimental" games. They're taking something popular from TSW and using it for this. I don't see how they could have really fit this in TSW given what they've said about it so far.

I don't see the issue or "wtaf" here >.>

their quests are amazing in TSW, so I'm hopeful for how creepy and good story the game will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The Park is $13 and is now available for pre-purchase on Steam (pre-purchase discount is 23% off, or $3 off). Releases Oct 27. Also contains a few items for TSW.
    Uh, $13 for a 1-2 hour game? They must be fucking high.

What

the

actual

fuck

Here's a novel idea: don't buy it.

People complain about the same games and nothing new and interesting coming out. We get something different coming from a non-indie company, the same company responsible for The Longest fucking Journey saga, one of the best adventure game series ever made, and you're bitching? Get a grip, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Seems a bit high to me, as well. I'm willing to take a shot on it based on the setting and team working on it.

Bought it. 10 bucks is chump change for some new lore, a scary chipmunk costume, and a 10.9 ammy.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP updated.

Also this is part of the TSW universe not game, it doesn't fit in the game due to it being highly narrative focused and single player.

What

the

actual

fuck

I like TSW and all but a lot of the stories being told in the game suffer because they have to make room for the mute chosen one. Even so, the stories told in that game are pretty damn good, especially for the MMORPG genre.

Now just imagine them making a story without that handicap...

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Going to the theater is ~$9 (just the ticket, no snacks)
    Going to the theater for 3D XD Atmos is ~$14 (just the ticket, no snacks)
    Picking up a BluRay is ~$20-30

Why is $13 for a 2 hour game too much when a 2 hour movie at that price is about average? So long as the experience is good, I 'm not seeing an issue. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is $15 and I completed it in 2 hours. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    What

the

actual

fuck

Is it the same crappy combat? If so, fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is it the same crappy combat? If so, fair enough.
    It isn't even the same genre. Read the OP think games such as Vanishing of Ethan Carter, I doubt there is -any- combat in the game.