Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Going to the theater is ~$9 (just the ticket, no snacks)
    Going to the theater for 3D XD Atmos is ~$14 (just the ticket, no snacks)
    Picking up a BluRay is ~$20-30

Why is $13 for a 2 hour game too much when a 2 hour movie at that price is about average? So long as the experience is good, I 'm not seeing an issue. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is $15 and I completed it in 2 hours. /shrug
    Well, I don't spend money on any of the things you listed, because they're not worth it to me either, to each their own. Regardless of my opinion though, there's generally a pretty big backlash in the gaming community when a company charges top dollar for a very short gaming experience. That's why one of the metrics used to judge a game is how much playability it contains. I think The Park looks like a fun game, but not $6.50 an hour fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Well, I don't spend money on any of the things you listed, because they're not worth it to me either, to each their own. Regardless of my opinion though, there's generally a pretty big backlash in the gaming community when a company charges top dollar for a very short gaming experience. That's why one of the metrics used to judge a game is how much playability it contains. I think The Park looks like a fun game, but not $6.50 an hour fun.
    Other games in this genre did not receive this backlash you speak off. Backlash you speak of is when things get overpriced and the fact it's a short game gets hidden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to buy this tbh, but not a fan of horror games. I might gift it to a buddy who basically only plays these things, and watch him play instead. People complaining about the price of a game that they can opt to not buy. I really don't get this attitude. If it was released for free everyone and their mama would be praising it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it, i just saw the Chipmunk killer outfit. Thats worth the 10 bucks alone. The game is cherry on the nut.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Bought it. 10 bucks is chump change for some new lore, a scary chipmunk costume, and a 10.9 ammy.
    I had money in my Steam wallet and it looks/sounds impressive. I'll probably be too scared to finish it, but I'm going to turn the lights off and give it my best Halloween shot. Might get me to knock a few more levels out in TSW as well, checking out my psycho chipmunk outfit.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I had money in my Steam wallet and it looks/sounds impressive. I'll probably be too scared to finish it, but I'm going to turn the lights off and give it my best Halloween shot. Might get me to knock a few more levels out in TSW as well, checking out my psycho chipmunk outfit.
    I suggest headphones for both games. I never used to get "scared" by games until I started using headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

My main issue with games like this, is I'd probably rather just watch a letsplay or something for free, if decisions have no impact. Which then makes me think maybe they should have just made a movie or something.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    My main issue with games like this, is I'd probably rather just watch a letsplay or something for free, if decisions have no impact. Which then makes me think maybe they should have just made a movie or something.
    I feel the opposite. For stuff like this, I'd rather be actively engaged than passively. Always why I thought video games were the best medium for horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the opposite. For stuff like this, I'd rather be actively engaged than passively. Always why I thought video games were the best medium for horror.
    Indeed. It's far more engaging and impacting. Can't wait until Until Dawn goes on sale for PS4.
    BAD WOLF

I love horror games as long as there's some real input, but not for interactive stories like this. Though there is SOME interaction in this, not sure if any of it matters.

I got an email about it, $9.99 preorder price, discount off the discount price or something. For those that thought $13 was pushing it, maybe $10 is the right price.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Just don't expect this game to be supported with patches: what with all the news about Funcom's bad financial shape, The Park might just well be their last game. Since Funcom are known for putting out extremely buggy games, buyer beware. That being said, it's not like patches would help anyway. They leave their games in a buggy unfinished state anyway and never bother fixing them, like The Secret World which Lazy Peon just did a review of and called it exactly that. Meh, Funcom never recovered from the SJW backlash after, as a Norwegian company, they showed support for a fellow Norwegian by putting the Breivik beard into their game for players to show solidarity with him.

The Secret World "support Breivik in court" community event where hundreds gathered in Agartha to wear his beard, which was specially released with Issue 2 to coincide with the conclusion of his court case.

Conspiracy theories are not allowed in these forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-10-17 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    *snip*
    What a load of spin filled rubbish. You're the only source of connection between that game and a murderer according to all of Google. And you know where it links? The posts that you have made. We don't need a bunch of tin foil hat company or game bashing.
    BAD WOLF

Someone needs to secure the gate on GenOT so this tumblr tier conspiracy BS doesn't leak out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game came out today, going to be honest i finished it in 71 minutes having skipped only a minor part it seems as i'm missing 3 achievements.

It was a fun run through, but it doesn't tell you much more about the park, it is more focused on the story of the protagonist. I didn't find it all that scary, few moments that made my hair jump up and that's about it.

Probably the notion that you couldn't die took a lot away from the scare factor since nothing really bad could happen to who you were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Game came out today, going to be honest i finished it in 71 minutes having skipped only a minor part it seems as i'm missing 3 achievements.

It was a fun run through, but it doesn't tell you much more about the park, it is more focused on the story of the protagonist. I didn't find it all that scary, few moments that made my hair jump up and that's about it.

Probably the notion that you couldn't die took a lot away from the scare factor since nothing really bad could happen to who you were playing.
    Thanks for that, I'll wait on the sale. Just got done finishing both Tell-Tale Walking Dead games and still riding the zombie/horror vibe.