Raidplan: Raid composition tool

Hi,

I'd like to introduce you to a tool I built recently. It's a raid composition tool like the one at raidcomp.mmo-champion.com.

I wanted to change some important things:

1) Work with real players

It's not Subtlety Rogue 1 and Subtlety Rogue 2 any more, we're talking about Venomdeath and Shadowrouge. The idea was to be able to create a raid setup with real characters and present it to our raiders. The composition we think is the best for our next mythic boss. So they can prepare for their role or prepare for waiting on the bench to get in the fight.

2) Import your players

You can import players directly from your guild via the armory. Enter your guild name, server, region and select the ranks you want to import. The players will then show up on the website. Only players at level 100 will be imported.
    Single players, e. g. randoms, can be added separately.
    You can also import players from your own website, if you provide an adequate JSON file to always get your current roster.

3) Get player's item levels.

Sometimes it's not just only about the right classes or skill. Sometimes you simply need a good average item level for a boss. You can import your player's item levels as well from the armory and display it right next to them.

I think a buff/debuff overview display is not necessary any more. It's nearly impossible to not have all of the buffs and debuffs (even more impossible with those hords of MM hunters). So it's just the token information which are displayed.

I tested it with most of the new versions of the modern desktop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE11) and it works fine.
    It should be usable on mobile devices, unfortunately the drag&drop offsets go crazy when you scroll or zoom the page, otherwise it works. I'm going to take a look at it soon. It's currently available in English and German.

Please share your thoughts and opinions. Useful tool? Any problems? Feature requests?

Link: levelupgilde.de/raidplan

10+ Year Old Account
    Few notes, it's not very intuitive to use. The help option is there and it shows you how to do the basics, but bit more in-dept explanation like in form of a mouseover answer for a field would be great or I might be as dull as a crayon can get...

Secondly it didn't import my full roster, due to the simple reason that there are total of 10 guild ranks. And some of the raiders are on the lower rank. You might want to implement "Rank 9" as well to your import function.

A nice addition would be the spec they play in as well showed some place.

But outside of the few minor things which I noticed seemed like a decent, simple tool for those who desire.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems very nice. Quickly tested with my guild roster and works great! A small request would be to have it remember in the link if its made with the deutch or english language on - as the deutch seems to be default atm.

Very intuitive

Edit:
    Perhaps also add some kind of support for connected servers. As half my roster is on a different server than the other.
    Last edited by skjold; 2015-10-13 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skjold View Post
    Perhaps also add some kind of support for connected servers. As half my roster is on a different server than the other.
    It does show the people from connected servers, at least for EU. when one imports guild. Frostwhisper connected with Bladefist/zenedar and from the ranks I select all the people zenedar and bladfist are listed as well. Or you mean something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    When request the ilvl of players it wont take the ones from the other server - unless im missing something hmm...

It will show people from both servers - but im guessing its not saving the server with the player info, therefore going by the original guild server when requesting ilvls?

This seems very nice. Quickly tested with my guild roster and works great!
    Last edited by luculentfrag; 2015-10-13 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skjold View Post
    When request the ilvl of players it wont take the ones from the other server - unless im missing something hmm...
    That's what you meant, I didn't bother to wait for the ilvl query to finish, but after bit of waiting only "ilvl" I got was n/a for a guy from connected realms. So you are correct that, that part doesn't work that well.

Thank you for your replies.

but bit more in-dept explanation like in form of a mouseover answer for a field would be great
    I will think about a more detailed help.

You might want to implement "Rank 9" as well to your import function.
    Oh, sure.

A nice addition would be the spec they play in as well showed some place.
    Problem is: Has probably often to be corrected, because many healers and tanks log out in their damage spec etc. Wouldn't be hard to just replace the class icons with spec icons, I will give it a thought and see how it can be implemented.

Can you please give me your connected server guild's name for testing? I didn't think about that. If you manually add players from different servers it works fine, but if you import them from the armory the tool assumes they are all from the same server which is obviously wrong. I will also put the language into the link.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Region: EU
    Server: Frostwhisper
    Guild name: Punished
    Connected realm of Frostwhisper - Zenedar - Bladefist
    Some names from 3 combined realms: Absinthyon from Bladefist || Vron from Zenedar (Vron is on rank 9, which was not available to select earlier)|| Ralador from Frostwhisper

The connected realm issue should be fixed, the language is now appended to the URL, so that it does not need to be always changed and there is a "Rank 9"!

Sorry, Vron :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the fixes. Seems to work nicely now

Although I prefer http://www.guildaudit.com/, it's always nice to see new peoples take on it and to potentially have more innovation in the data provided. Keep up the good work.