Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Consoles are more accessible. They're cheaper, require less technical knowledge and very easy to set up and use.

Upgrading a PC is something only Super Hackers and NASA engineers can do in the eyes of many. And, it's much cheaper to keep up to date with the latest consoles than keep on top of recommend specs for the latest AAA games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're going to have to remind me how you building a PC at 21 or games having directX install on the disc many moons ago is relevant to my post in anyway or makes it "complete bs".

Do you understand the words "generalize" and "anecdotal" which I both used in my post? Which means you can't prove any of it wrong, because it's what I have seen. Hard to take you serious if you think you can say someones own first hand evidence that they admit is anecdotal and generalizing is "bs".
    Look, i am not a java designer or any degisner at all, you said, that people use pc are tech savy, which are not.
    You said that people, after hard day work want to relax and play games. I am there, i am doing the same thing.
    My reply was simple to illustrate that playing/installing pc games isn't that different from console gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    PC gaming is for nerds
    Yeah, totally. Since placing a dvd in dvd drive is totally different then placing a dvd in console drive.

Both require skills of epic proportions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    PC gaming is for nerds
    Yeah, totally. Since placing a dvd in dvd drive is totally different then placing a dvd in console drive.

Both require skills of epic proportions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Consoles are more accessible. They're cheaper, require less technical knowledge and very easy to set up and use.

Upgrading a PC is something only Super Hackers and NASA engineers can do in the eyes of many. And, it's much cheaper to keep up to date with the latest consoles than keep on top of recommend specs for the latest AAA games.
    I haven't upgraded my pc in 4-5 years, my gear would be considered a low end pc and still i get to play AAA between 30-50 fps.
    No one says you have to do it yourself, upgrade, you can ask your friend or go to a store.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because the cost of entry into high end gaming is higher than console gaming. That means there's a wider audience for consoles. Thus, you market more for those games.
    You do not need to high end gaming to enjoy pc gaming. I have 4 years old graphic card, and it wasn't that huge deal back in the day.

Hell yeah they have to hype the shit out of console games and just... consoles in general.

How else are you going to convince gamers it's okay to play on the same video card for 3-8 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread started with a decent topic, and then 8 posts later it became a platform war which really isn't productive or allowed.

Closing.