Question about cooling systems

Hey guys,
    I currently have a GeForce 550 ti, which I'm upgrading to GTX 960 today, besides my current GPU being old the reason that I'm upgrading is because it keeps on crashing when I'm playing WoW and then recovers and reloads the game, I checked on google and that issue seems due to overheating.
    So my question is, do I need to install a cooling system or a fan for my PC with the new GPU?
    I am not an expert when it comes to cooling and fans and how they work (all I know is that a big ass stock fan sits on my CPU and annoys me with its sound :P), and I just want my PC to run as smoothly as possible when playing.
    Any information or links to articles about the subject would be highly appreciated

TL;DR do I need cooling for the GTX 960 to run smooth?
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

You're going to have to give a bit more info so someone can help out - case make / model, components in system, amount of fans, temperature and so on. Do you have cpuid / cpuz?
    Last edited by Epoch; 2015-10-13 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

case is Thermaltake, no fans other than the stock fan on the CPU, components: core i7 cpu, 12 geg rams, those are the info I can provide for now, but will post more detailed information once i get home and can check the PC.
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

There have been a lot of driver crashes with nvidia drivers the last couple of months, so if you don't update thelm everytime you might have an older bad one, the newer ones work fine, ofc your card is getting old and it could be that, or te cooler is just dirty and needs cleaning.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    Hey guys,
    I currently have a GeForce 550 ti, which I'm upgrading to GTX 960 today, besides my current GPU being old the reason that I'm upgrading is because it keeps on crashing when I'm playing WoW and then recovers and reloads the game, I checked on google and that issue seems due to overheating.
    So my question is, do I need to install a cooling system or a fan for my PC with the new GPU?
    I am not an expert when it comes to cooling and fans and how they work (all I know is that a big ass stock fan sits on my CPU and annoys me with its sound :P), and I just want my PC to run as smoothly as possible when playing.
    Any information or links to articles about the subject would be highly appreciated

TL;DR do I need cooling for the GTX 960 to run smooth?
    Is your old card stuffed full of dust?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump