{HOLY} So many Heals so little Mana

Hi all thanks for taking time to read this.

About 2 days ago i started gearing(mainly via LFR and tanaan) and learning all there is about HOLY after playing a a RET since Catalysm. this is my First Attempt as a healer [mainly done a few Normals and HC Dungeons and a couple of LFRs] and although im keeping everyone alive in the dungeons Norm/HC (by spam flash of heal) i am running out of Mana if the fight goes on for too long.

Now im aware that Flash of Light is a Mana hungry spell and that i need to keep beacon of Light up to get mana back on Flash of light and Holy light. but sadly thats not enough.

My gear as you can see by the Armory link is not the best like i mentioned in the begining i've only been at this a short time.

So long story short any tips and tricks to keep my mana from OOM. I've looked at rotations and i am sticking to them as best i can.

Deleted
    Focus on casting Holy Shock as soon as it's off cd. Get a weak aura for it, whatever, you need to use it asap. Build up your hopo, eternal flame people who take damage, flash of light only in "OH SHEIT" moments. Your mana won't drop, like, at all. You just need to learn how to prioritize what damage to heal, and use the good tool for the job. No need to flash heal when your group takes 50% life in damage every 15 seconds for instance. Take your time. Spam flash heal when a braindead boomkin just aggro'ed all the room and shit ensues.

Yep, just learn to use Holy Light more often. It heals the same amount as flash of light (except when infusion of light is up), just needs a little bit more time and costs way less mana.

You really don't need this beacon mana refund thing with your spirit value, being more careful with flashing only when it's needed should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    . Spam flash heal when a braindead boomkin just aggro'ed all the room and shit ensues.
    Thanks. as for ninja pulls i had a few last night and they will by for pulls in repair bill i'm not wasting mana on "braindead aggro's"

Quote Originally Posted by Ayasee View Post
    Yep, just learn to use Holy Light more often. It heals the same amount as flash of light (except when infusion of light is up), just needs a little bit more time and costs way less mana.

You really don't need this beacon mana refund thing with your spirit value, being more careful with flashing only when it's needed should be enough.
    thanks i'll keep it in mind.
    Last edited by Sk3tz0; 2015-10-13 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Reasons

Holy Shock, Holy Light, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Holy Light, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Eternal Flame, Holy Light >>

On shorter fights or when taking damage or when you got heaps of mana:

Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Eternal Flame, Holy Light >>

There you now know how to play holy paladin at a base level - you do need to adjust to procs, when to wings, damage etc but at a base this should let you cast all fight.

Also throw in Holy Prism on CD to target of target or direct target boss/mob.

Chase gear with spirit for all the following spots Necks, Cloaks, Rings, and Trinkets.

4P bonus, Class Trinket and Demonic Phylactery trinket >> Make it all pretty easy later on.

Sticky: [WoD] Holy Paladin Guide 6.0 >> Good read
    Last edited by furyaus; 2015-10-13 at 01:42 PM.