Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Use the media to get Western citizens to hate themselves. Its nothing new, its just focused on the internet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Europeans think Americans are brash, crude, and uneducated. They also seem to implicitly think that the US has somehow lucked or cheated its way into world power. Americans think Europeans...well, Americans don't generally think about Europeans. When they do, it's mostly that they are too snooty for their own good. There are some flaws with the reasoning of both sides, but only the European side of things willfully disregards history.
    That's pretty spot on. USoA became THE World Power because none of the carnage of WW2 happened on "our" soil. What'd we lose outside of manpower? We had a vacation spot bombed. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That's pretty spot on. USoA became THE World Power because none of the carnage of WW2 happened on "our" soil. What'd we lose outside of manpower? We had a vacation spot bombed. GG.
    Preventing major international wars from within your own continent brings huge advantages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Preventing major international wars from within your own continent brings huge advantages.
    ... I'm sure the fact that your two landlocked neighbours being either made up of the same general culture (Canada) or too small to ever threaten you (Mexico) also played a part.

Now pick any country you want to in Europe, and read it's history. :P I suggest Norway, we're hilarious.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    ... I'm sure the fact that your two landlocked neighbours being either made up of the same general culture (Canada) or too small to ever threaten you (Mexico) also played a part.
    Yes, I think a melting pot culture is an advantage.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-10-13 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Soon enough we'll be bombing ourselves. OP, we are not 'losing' the social media war, we lost that awhile ago.
    Nah. There isn't that much oil here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Actually he's right, you're not
    Prove it Mr. Confederate Swede (whatever the hell that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I'm going to assume you mistyped "republicans" somehow, for my own peace of mind.
    Euro liberals are worse than republicans. "Oh guise stop with the Islamaphobia it's his religion to throw acid in his wife's face! It's also his religion to murder anyone who draws Muhammed".

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The British did that for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The British did that for you.
    Of course almost everything American leads back to Europe and especially the UK. I don't see why both cant be badass.

Should we blog more selfies to fight back?

Deleted
    Well, what a shocker!

So, if Obama's USA can WarlordsofDraenor go back in time, they can fight G.W. Bush USA?
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2015-10-13 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically speaking, now that they are actively backing Al-Qaeda in Syria (started dropping them weapons/ammo) they are at war with the war on terror ^^
    Dont forget being outraged at Russia for bombing terrorist groups that isn't exclusively ISIL.
    Its like the US hasnt learned with alquaeda ...

Deleted
    Social Media War? Dear Murica, pls put ur shit togather and do sth real! support more ISIS for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewang-EU-Ragnaros View Post
    Social Media War? Dear Murica, pls put ur shit togather and do sth real! support more ISIS for example.
    Social perception and opinion is everything for a nation.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Losing the social media war? Arn't people retweeting and liking the US on Facebook or what? Another "war" the US can't win apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Thank you for linking the article, even if it is terrifying and troubling - I "love" some of these quotes:
    Unfortunately, the U.S. is unable to effectively take advantage of social media and the Internet due to poorly conceived U.S. policies and antiquated laws. For example, US Law 50 U.S. Code § 3093(f) effectively prohibits our intelligence community from action “intended to influence United States political processes, public opinion, policies, or media.” With social media and the Internet, there is no way to guarantee that no U.S. person will be inadvertently exposed to information operations that are not intended for them, and this rule is broadly applied as a basis for banning any type of useful action. While this made sense in the days when influence operations were confined to print, radio, and TV, it does not make any sense in today’s global instantaneous information world.
    "Oh, woe is us, how shall our great democracy survive if spies are not allowed to secretly shape public opinion and influence politicians!"

"Oh, horrors, we cannot control what our citizens learn! How ever shall freedom survive?"

Orwell Fucking Central.

Perhaps if the US, as a nation, had not spent the last decade-plus committing crimes against peace, using airstrikes to murder innocent civilians by the truckload, arming terrorists, and torturing people to death, we wouldn't be "losing the PR war"?

We were never as good as we liked to claim, but we tried damn hard to be better than our opponents (and usually succeeded) - and it wasn't until Bush and Obama came along to not just shit on everything America claimed to stand for, but to stand up, celebrate and cheer the desecration. If we want to start winning the PR war, the route to doing so is obvious: impeach Obama, arrest both him and his predecessor (along with a number of their higher-ranking staffers and flag officers), charge them (or hand them over to the ICC), convict their oh so very guilty asses, and throw them in prison to rot for the rest of their lives.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)