question about my mage for progression this week

hello fellow mages. I have mained my hunter most of the expansion but have decided to give mage a try since our guild doesnt have one. my character is named Vatty on US stormreaver (cant post links yet or i would have one) my question is what spec should i use for Heroic HFC progression? i know heroic doesnt really matter but i would prefer to be optimal. my gears not the greatest as this was like a 3rd alt until like a week ago. any help is greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    Frost and Arcane can be good in all fights. Arcane can be best in most fights. Frost can be best in some fights.

If you're going for mythic at some point, revisit those questions because some fights might need optimizing.

Frost is easier to play in most setups/rotations. Beginners will usually start with it. Arcane is more delicate.

if you want a stupid dull incomplete tl;dr: start with frost, only go arcane in mythic unless you like it.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-10-13 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is the superior spec for HFC Normal and Heroic at your ilvl, don't bother with arcane at all. Frost is very mobile spec and thus you can easily pull out more dps than Arcane, also it is a lot easier. Learn the fights and maybe then try out arcane.

Just my 2 cents.