Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, mistakes don't inspire me at all, and what he did with the clock has been done so many times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    and use those points to leave the country

BRILLIANT
    Justice Points are better than frequent flier miles!!!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    His most recent invention is a clock he built it out of random scraps he found in his life. A real life McGuyver.
    To people actually believe this line or am I just being trolled? As near as I can tell, the little shit took a clock apart, reassembled it in a box, and became convinced that he'd actually done something meaningful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    To people actually believe this line or am I just being trolled? As near as I can tell, the little shit took a clock apart, reassembled it in a box, and became convinced that he'd actually done something meaningful.
    That's literally all he did.

Good for him for trying to get an understanding of how things work. But what he didn't isn't impressive. Even for a kid his age.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just say

People are waaaayyyyyyy too obsessed with this kid

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Can I just say

People are waaaayyyyyyy too obsessed with this kid
    Maybe because of the huge shit storm he caused, he is a good example of whats wrong with people, people who are quick to snap to judgment throwing out the word racist when they don't even know all the facts. This story is a great example whats wrong with people today

It was a trap made by the parents for Westerners to fall into to make themselves look bad.

It worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe because of the huge shit storm he caused, he is a good example of whats wrong with people, people who are quick to snap to judgment throwing out the word racist when they don't even know all the facts. This story is a great example whats wrong with people today
    No, this story is a great example of how adults are a bit too jealous of attention kids get

this would have been a non story after a week, if not for all the internet crusaders trying to prove that they are indeed smarter than a 14 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No, this story is a great example of how adults are a bit too jealous of attention kids get

this would have been a non story after a week, if not for all the internet crusaders trying to prove that they are indeed smarter than a 14 year old.
    If you think that, then you truly have no idea what this story is about or what is going on, no one is jealous of a kid who can take a clock out of hits case and throw it in a pencil box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If you think that, then you truly have no idea what this story is about or what is going on, no one is jealous of a kid who can take a clock out of hits case and throw it in a pencil box
    And yet, outrage as companies took advantage of free press sending him stuff.

And yes, tons of conspiracy theories came out about how this is all a giant plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt matter anymore. No lawyer would take the families lawsuit and the family did NOT want the video from the school released. . . . . SoooOOOoooo they're moving to Qatar, where they will be truly "free".

Qatar has almost 3 times higher standard of living than the US and probably nobody would hate him there for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Qatar has almost 3 times higher standard of living than the US and probably nobody would hate him there for no reason.
    I'm pretty sure he and his farther will be just fine in Qatar actually.

His mother and sister ~ not so much. But who cares about women living under Sharia law! AMIRITE?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm pretty sure he and his farther will be just fine in Qatar actually.

His mother and sister ~ not so much. But who cares about women living under Sharia law! AMIRITE?!
    While it is true that women are better off in Qatar than in Saudi Arabia its not by much.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    While it is true that women are better off in Qatar than in Saudi Arabia its not by much.
    Well, I guess its better that the people in the country only hate 50% of your family instead of 100%. =o]

So they got that going for them I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well, I guess its better that the people in the country only hate 50% of your family instead of 100%. =o]

So they got that going for them I guess.
    I suspect a large part of it will come down to whether they become citizens or not. If they stay as expats then they could have a much rougher time.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

https://twitter.com/IStandWithAhmed/...023040/photo/1

Ahmed finally got his clock back. I love the fact that this kid continues to feed off of all the crying, jealousy, and hate directed towards him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Lots of kids do that kind of stuff. It dosent mean that they will become engineers, and apparently theres going to be too many in the near future anyway. Sure, he deserves to be told "good job" from his parents and school but, not from an entire nation just because his "tinkering" looked like a bomb in a time where people are paranoid about terrorist.
    The nation wouldn't be giving him a "good job" had morons not accused him of building a bomb and made a big deal of it.

Him making a clock isn't what made him famous!
    Putin khuliyo