Thread: Preach on LFR

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    But they don't feel like that. Stuff hurts a lot more proportional to your health pool imo.
    Yeah I can't say I honestly haven't done a single one. Just going off of what friends have told me as well as what watcher said in this interview:

https://youtu.be/DOJ_4Tn1YbA?t=30m48s
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I get the feeling that Blizzard's stance is pretty much "you will raid and you will like it!"
    I hope they change, I'm sick of raiding. Dungeoneering with my friends, crafting and questing is where the fun is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Basically, for them it's not good enough to get bonuses and a pat on the back in the form of achievments and mounts, they also want to devalue what everyone else has access to or do away with it entirely to inflate their own ego and feeling of superiority.
    Or maybe the rewards really don't match the effort put into organized raiding. It is understandable coming from people who probably never even applied to a raiding guild to think raiding is merely just being able to adhere to a schedule and just receive loot.

So when you have no idea what it takes then your opinion on what should be "enough" is kind of bum.
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Before the introduction of LFR only a tiny minority has ever bothered to actually raid, why do you guys believe that now you could suddenly change that by more of the same old? It wont work, mostly because these people DO NOT WANT TO raid in the fashion you believe they ought to. They don't want to engage in having to find and maintain premades or sticking to a fixed schedule.

The closest we got to getting them to do it was in MoP with flex and yes I can already see you going "BUT FLEX IS NOW NORMAL" conveniently ignoring how flex did not have actual lockouts that prevented people from doing stuff more than once (even tho no loot), how it split the raid up in portions etc.

The whole thought line of you guys, the attempt at devaluing everything outside of raids while trying to bully people into becoming raiders is exactly what got us into the mess WoD is. More of that wont suddenly fix these problems. If anything reverting to the pre WoD status would be a far more logical conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, for them it's not good enough to get bonuses and a pat on the back in the form of achievments and mounts, they also want to devalue what everyone else has access to or do away with it entirely to inflate their own ego and feeling of superiority. It's why their solutions usually involve making stuff worse for everyone else and having gotten what they wanted with WoD it turned out to be a complete catastrophe as they're a tiny minority.
    Stop trying to be victim, every time it's "YOU ELITIST RAIDERS DON'T WANT US TO HAVE ANYTHING". How magnanimous of you, viciously attacking people for their crime of having a different opinion on a form of content. It's your shield to try to invalidate everyone elses arguments and vilify them at the same time. I just think there are better (more fun and more rewarding) venues that blizzard could explore (like more dungeons and quests released with every new patch) rather than the current mess that is LFR. Your post is just dripping with insecurity, you think all raiders just want to be better than you and when they see you with something nice, you feel as they are silently raging behind their computer screen. Can you do ANYTHING other than try to vilify your opponent. I don't think raiders look at you and instantly hate you, I think they hate you because treat them like shit. You can like it if you want, but LFR is an unfun trainwreck of content and people only tolerate it's existence is because it provides quick and easy gear.
    Last edited by Xada; 2015-10-31 at 07:13 PM.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Or maybe the rewards really don't match the effort put into organized raiding. It is understandable coming from people who probably never even applied to a raiding guild to think raiding is merely just being able to adhere to a schedule and just receive loot.

So when you have no idea what it takes then your opinion on what should be "enough" is kind of bum.
    I'm going to suggest that "rewards should match effort" is something that SOUNDS plausible as a design philosophy, but doesn't really work. The devs seem to have stuck close to it this expansion (with some exceptions), and the result was pretty dismal, with seriously negative effects on player engagement.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Can we merge LFR threads into one? There are like 3 in the front page alone
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Can we merge LFR threads into one? There are like 3 in the front page alone
    Because they all start from different points and have so much history merging them now will be more confusing than anything. I agree they've all evolved into more or less the same thing. Stop posting to them and they'll die a natural death. I'd like to get down to one myself but closing active threads that have hundreds of posts isn't something we usually do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm going to suggest that "rewards should match effort" is something that SOUNDS plausible as a design philosophy, but doesn't really work. The devs seem to have stuck close to it this expansion (with some exceptions), and the result was pretty dismal, with seriously negative effects on player engagement.
    I'd qualify that with the fact that there are many more factors at work than simply the design philosophy or the quality of the content.

Specifically in regards to organized raiding, the biggest problem for me ISN'T finding players that *want* to, it's finding players that want to badly enough to pay the (often several hundred dollars worth) of transfer fees involved in getting their characters (and their friends/spouse/kids accounts) into a new guild of likeminded players.

Another factor that "reduced my engagement with raiding" during BRF were the garrisons. The gear from garrison missions came faster from garrison missions for me and only took about 5 seconds a week once I'd gotten those initial raid kills, which gave me squat as far as gear goes. And even when I *did* farm specific bosses multiple times each week on a character for that one item, I ended up getting them from the garrison missions first. Its a joy to acquire that epic, its soulcrushing to realize you put in absolutely no effort though. (and this is speaking solely from my personal experience getting both of my trinkets that tier from garrisons and losing any desire to do the bosses afterwards)

What is my opinion about it all? Well to begin, I don't care what Preach says in his videos because 99% of it is complaining. It's like listening to a 2 year old who didn't get a toy when mommy and daddy went to Walmart.

As for LFR, on one hand, I feel like LFR doesn't do a raid justice because even though players are getting to see what the raid looks like, it barely passes for "showing the content to players who can't raid normal+" for the simple fact that you don't get to experience any of the mechanics at all in LFR. Mechanics really make bosses memorable. For LFR, you're basically just beating on a target dummy.

On the other hand, I really don't care. I don't do LFR and probably never will because I do Mythic, so I suppose this should be left up to the people who actually do rely on LFR for gear.