Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    It is a synonym for alt in the german wow jargon. Maybe in other european languages, too. Not everybodies main language is English and some words change their meaning more or less.
    Well, if Germans think that when they write "twink" the rest of us will read "alt," then Germans are fucking stupid.

I don't actually think Germans are that ignorant. Perhaps this particular German is though. I apologize on his behalf to the rest of Germany for the bad impression he is giving to the English speaking world.

Infracted;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Well, if Germans think that when they write "twink" the rest of us will read "alt," then Germans are fucking stupid.

I don't actually think Germans are that ignorant. Perhaps this particular German is though. I apologize on his behalf to the rest of Germany for the bad impression he is giving to the English speaking world.

Infracted;
    Please don't call people or nationality stupid, just because they speak differently. Just to make a post generally about the way how a person writes is not nice.
    Aw shucks I guess that I should have been more specific in saying that it wasn't a general problem that someone was misusing the term "twink" because he was German or whatever, it was just that the original poster didn't know what the fuck the word "twink" meant, for some reason which probably had no connection to nationality whatsoever.

Gotcha. I'll never do it again.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-10-16 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most pugs capable of clearing normal in 1 go up to archimond nowadays ask for 700 + itlv 4 set and legendary ring so i see quite a lot of grinding in front of you if you dont have a guild to carry you there - also the nerf besides the one to archimond was very minor it didnt really changed anything besides removing posisblity from some encounters that 1 person who dont know 1 shot mechanic could wipe whole raid.
    archi normal is utterly trivial now. Removal of 2 mechanics in phase 3 eliminated the difficult part of the fight. It knocked about 60k hps off the healing requirement. Iskar is probably harder.

A full clear can realistically be done in 695, and the Legendary ring is definitely not needed.

Deleted
    It's not that hard,

Normal can not afford repeated Major mistakes (e.g. for instance Zakuun may not wipe the raid with one explosion but it may wipe it with multiples)

Heroic can not afford one single major mistake (e.g. on entry gear Zakuun will wipe a raid on the first explosion most likely)

Mythic can not afford even multiple small mistakes, especially after the first 2-3 bosses.

[1]

LFR can afford multiple Major mistakes but most players do not play at all in there.

[1] A difficulty that can not afford even one small mistake does not exist.

To elaborate. As "alt" is an actual german word, too, it probably never got accepted. Twink is just what stuck and it is probably there to stay. It is just what happens when words change from one language to another and get adopted with a new or slightly different meaning. It has nothing to do with willful ignorance. It is correct in the German jargon in itself. It is just language dynamics. I think in English you call those pairs of words false friends. You really do not need to be so angry about it. Be a little bit more understanding. Again not everybody has English as his or her native language. People are bound to make mistakes in a foreign language.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-10-16 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    800ilvl with curve , failers will be loot banned and kicked xD

Na seriously i see most groups looking for 695ilvl .

Getting the appropriate ilevel is only the start. The "Link curve or don't bother" <snip> will keep you locked out.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-10-19 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    658 iLevel? i see 710 + doomroller groups nowadays.
    people have lost their minds.

then people get mad when i do a premade group that says poundfist up level 715+ link curve have legendary ring mount reserved.

Deleted
    World first guilds must be mad requiring credentials then.

Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    I'd argue that normal HFC is now easier than LFR
    Normal is still a bit too hard for the average pug. It could do with a 20% cut to all boss health.

It's easier than LFR if you mass recruit at 680+ and kick poor performers. Much easier.

If you want your tomes, make friends with mythic or heroic guilds who have people who like to run normal/heroic when they're bored and you'll probably finish most of the instance before LFR would get you a single wing.