Getting the right laptop - Dedicated vs. Integrated video

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a shiny new laptop and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right options for what I want to accomplish.

Primarily, this will be a media machine. I intend to connect it to my TV (a 30 something 1080i) via HDMI and be able to play HD movies/Netflix. That's really the main consideration for this machine - this won't be a gaming device or anything like that. Other than this primary function, it'll mainly be a piddle around on the internet or backup work device.
    Would my experience be improved by a laptop with dedicated graphics? I understand that's going to be adding a lot of money (unless I want to go refurbished - bonus question: Thoughts on Newegg refurbished systems?) so I only want to do it if it'll be noticeably better when watching HD movies and such.
    After that, what other considerations should I be looking at to accomplish what I want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with Integrated graphics, even Intel's is very respectable today. Though AMD's is still better especially for these sorta things. Though if you want a media machine I would suggest getting a NAS or building a HTPC. You could do it with a laptop but why? It'll cost more than building a HTPC, and have significantly less storage.

The reason I was going with laptop is mostly convenience. I was hoping to have one computer and use it for everything - just wanted to make sure it would accomplish what I wanted. If I do this, the idea is to have a laptop I can use for my day-to-day tomfoolery, then connect the HDMI cable and watch Netflix/movies on my TV and connected soundsystem.